News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro 3 Game Ban a Blessing in Disguise?

Started by The Rock, July 07, 2020, 08:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

3 wins on the trot. Yes, the list of mistakes is long, but it seems we are improving and looked decent against Forest. I think the team has both had to rise to the occasion, and Parker has had to change the way we play. Lets face it, we were sussed playing out of the back and heavily relying on Mitro EVERY game. I think these changes that have been forced upon us have both made the team better, forced Parker to modify Parker ball, and most importantly, given us the realization we have other options at our disposal and now made it more difficult for teams to know how exactly to play against us IF we continue to adapt the way we have over these last 3 games.

SP

Always good to look at your other options & let the team continue to grow. 

Jeroen

If anything it has taught our team to shoot from the 2nd line - with Mitro in the team we will get more space for that and any loose balls from the keeper he will pounce on - bring on the playoffs!

georgiajohn

Well its a strange situation now, three games ago most of us thought we were in real trouble, and Parker was living on thin ice because a stupid act by our star striker, we would not even make the play offs. Three games later and 9 points from 9 and what does Parker do now. Football it is said is all about the results, if that's the case he may well be sitting on the bench against Cardiff, and you really cannot argue with Parker if that is the case.

JoelH5

I definitely  wouldn't start Cairney next match.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Cravenette

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 07, 2020, 08:36:34 PM

Cairney played well against Brum and if fit has to play imho. As does Mitro. Despite us not losing since his suspension, he is top scorer for a reason, so also needs to be in. Kebano and possibly Arter to lose out?

fulhamben

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 07, 2020, 08:36:34 PM
interesting, so who would be your 3, and who would you pick up top
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: The Rock on July 07, 2020, 08:07:15 PM
3 wins on the trot. Yes, the list of mistakes is long, but it seems we are improving and looked decent against Forest. I think the team has both had to rise to the occasion, and Parker has had to change the way we play. Lets face it, we were sussed playing out of the back and heavily relying on Mitro EVERY game. I think these changes that have been forced upon us have both made the team better, forced Parker to modify Parker ball, and most importantly, given us the realization we have other options at our disposal and now made it more difficult for teams to know how exactly to play against us IF we continue to adapt the way we have over these last 3 games.

It is a small sample size, but the club have picked up 16 points in the 6 matches he has missed thus far in the Championship. While he is the club's top player, it is conceivable the club play better without him.

Watching the last 3 matches, I think the team is able to play faster and press higher when he is not on the pitch. I remember QPR with Kamara up top being the same in the fall when he was out. 

If Fulham were to sell him, there is the possibility the club could be better without him. I think what we fear in that scenario is that the funds we get for him could be wasted and the club are left without goals.

Maidstone Lee

We look better and quicker without Cairney, not Mitro. BDR did okay against Forrest but should be dropped in favour of Mitro who will be chomping at the bit to make up for his suspension. We had a few opportunities to cross the ball into the box during the week but didn't as we had no one in there, Mitro gives us that option.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19