Wigan
1-0
QPR
Sheff Wed
1-3
Preston NE

WhiteJC

Celtic show interest in Marcus Bettinelli

After Southampton's Fraser Forster seemingly backed out of a deal to sign for Celtic, the reigning champions of Scotland have turned their attentions to Fulham shot-stopper Marcus Bettinelli, according to a report from David Kent of The Daily Mail.

The 28-year-old is apparently looking for a new challenge away from the London-based side and with just a year left on his contract, he is apparently available for just £1m.

Bettinelli was called up to the England senior squad last season, although he never made it onto the field for the national team, but his career has seemingly stalled as of late.

He started the season as Fulham's number one and played 14 games in the Championship, but he's found himself on the bench since November, with Marek Rodak earning the starting role for the promotion chasers.

Read Celtic Verdict
It's hard to judge Bettinelli's form as he's not played for about seven months, which in itself is a concern in terms of him possibly joining Celtic.

He has perfomed well for Fulham in the past but he's been inactive for such a long time that signing him would be a gamble.

If the Hoops are in the market for a new 'keeper, then personally, I think there are better options out there than Bettinelli, although whether cost comes into play is another matter.

For £1m, there might not be many more options available to The Hoops, although Joe Hart on a free transfer could be considered a more experienced and better 'keeper than the Fulham man. 

https://readceltic.com/2020/07/08/celtic-show-interest-in-marcus-bettinelli/

WhiteJC

Matthew Briggs discusses journey from Prem's youngest player to non-league

In 2007, Matthew Briggs became the Premier League's youngest ever player for Fulham. By 2010 he was being linked with Manchester United and Bayern Munich. A decade later, his journey hasn't gone quite as expected.

Among the many different factors that shape a career in the professional game, the importance of getting the right break at the right time is often overlooked. For Briggs, once the youngest player in Premier League history, the timing has never been quite right.

At first, it was a case of too much, too soon. Then too little for too long.

After making his debut at 16, Briggs left Fulham seven years later with just 49 first-team appearances to his name. Lack of experience was a common refrain from potential employers as he proceeded to drift down the divisions.

Briggs is now 29, without a club but determined to make up for lost time and missed opportunities. He faced issues off the field that made life difficult and meant that he wasn't able to focus properly on football for a while. Tired of feeling misunderstood, he wants to show the world what he's capable of and get back to playing at the highest level possible.

"Where people don't know the ins and outs, they only see what they see," Briggs says. "They don't know what's going on in somebody else's life.

"I think the reputation I was given was that I wasn't committed and probably didn't take things seriously or wasn't bothered, which is not the case at all. I was obviously going through some stuff, as any human being can do.

"I was talking to my agent recently and he wants me to go full circle, to get as close as I can back to where I used to play. Obviously, he knows the pedigree I have, and he believes in me. I want to get back into the League where I can play week in, week out, and just impress."

First impressions
From early on, Briggs seemed destined for success. Taller, quicker, stronger and more confident than his peers, he was always playing above his age-group and was picked for Fulham's reserves at just 14. A couple of years later, with Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham United circling, he was weighing up where to sign for his scholarship.

It was in this uncertain context that Briggs was awarded his debut on the final day of the 2006-07 season. A win over Liverpool a week earlier had safeguarded Fulham's Premier League status for another year, and they headed to Middlesbrough with little to play for. Although there wasn't much riding on the match, it was a huge occasion for their young prospect.

"I remember travelling and when I got into the dressing room, I saw my shirt with my name on the back. It was very, very exciting for me. I remember sitting there and thinking, 'Wow, I'm really here and involved.'

"Previously there'd been a couple of times where they'd taken me on away journeys, but to actually be involved and in the squad was just an unbelievable feeling."

Briggs was full of nerves and excitement as he waited on the bench. Thirteen minutes from the end, with Fulham trailing 3-1, his moment arrived. Replacing Moritz Volz, he became the Premier League's youngest player at just 16 years and 65 days old.

"My friends and family were extremely proud of me," Briggs says. "My mum was there. I remember looking up at her after the game and she was crying because she was so proud, clapping me off the pitch.

"I remember going to school the day after and everything just felt different. People were looking at me like, 'Wow!'

"I had friends coming up to me asking for my autograph and I didn't really know how to deal with the situation. It felt weird for me because they're my friends who I see every day. Dealing with the transition from that was kind of odd for me, but it was enjoyable at the same time to know what I'd accomplished."

Briggs committed to Fulham and was confident of being part of Lawrie Sanchez's squad going into the next season, but he returned to a spot in the youth team instead. It was three years before his next first-team appearance, a testing period during which he questioned the club's motives in giving him his debut at such a young age.

"That affected me massively and that's when the pressures of actually having that title started to weigh heavy on my shoulders. You start thinking, 'I've made my debut, everyone's probably wondering why I'm not playing.' That started putting doubts into my head, thinking, 'Am I not good enough?'

"When I look back and see players I played with who are now playing regularly in the Premier League, there are parts of me that maybe wish I was integrated more slowly and given the chance to go out on loan as much as the other players did. At the time Fulham were very reluctant to let me go out on loan to get the experience I needed, which was quite frustrating for me."

'I maybe felt entitled'
Looking back, Briggs harbours some regrets about the way his development was handled but also acknowledges that he made mistakes too. As a teenager with newfound wealth and status, he was drawn into the stereotypical footballer's lifestyle.

"I maybe felt entitled. Obviously when you start earning a lot of money at such a young age, seeing the people around me with nice cars, you feel like you have to live up to that expectation and do the same thing. Partying, and stuff like that. I kind of went a bit excessive on it. I kind of lost my focus a little bit."

Even though opportunities were limited at club level, Briggs continued to be an important member of the England youth set-up. He was part of the team that reached the final of the European Under-19 Championship in 2009, alongside Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier, Andros Townsend and Danny Welbeck.

A year later, there was interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich in his services, but Fulham were reluctant to sell another young defender having recently lost Chris Smalling. Their £10million asking price was never met and Briggs stayed at Craven Cottage.

There were more appearances under Martin Jol, especially in the Europa League. At the start of the 2013-14 season, Briggs was keen to impress and tried to play through the pain of a groin injury, resulting in the need for surgery.

He was out of action for several months. By the time he returned, Felix Magath was in charge, Fulham were heading for relegation and the offer of a new contract had disappeared. Briggs and several others were let go.

"It was heartbreaking," he says. "At the time I was actually the longest-serving player in the first team, even though I was still quite young. I'd always been there. All these players would come and go, and I would always be the one that would remain.

"I'd been there for most of my life, basically. To go from thinking I'd got a three-year extension to all of a sudden getting released was hard to take."

Finding another club was harder than Briggs had imagined. Managers were looking for experience that he didn't have and were reluctant to sign him on the back of a season plagued by injury. He eventually joined Millwall, before going on loan to Colchester United.

He played regularly for the U's, signing permanently in the summer of 2015, but injuries and personal problems affected the end of his spell there and his subsequent move to Chesterfield. Football simply couldn't be his priority.

"My missus was pregnant. There were complications and then my son was born three months premature. Dealing with that was difficult. I was having to miss training sessions and had that constant worry.

"I remember playing a game one time and giving the physio my phone in case there was an emergency. I wasn't fully able to just focus on playing football. My mind was kind of elsewhere."

By 2018, Briggs was drained, but at least his partner and son were doing well. Unfortunately, his career had suffered, and his confidence was low. He admits to losing his love for the game until he started playing for fun at eighth-tier Maldon & Tiptree.

Briggs instantly stood out at that level and felt valued by his manager and team-mates. His good form culminated in a call-up to the Guyana squad for last summer's Gold Cup, where he played against the USA, Panama and Trinidad & Tobago.

"That was a good experience. It had been so long since I'd played that sort of calibre of game, at that high level. It felt good to be back doing that in big stadiums. It felt like home. It felt like what I'm used to, what I'd been wanting to do for so long and hadn't been able to."

Broken promises
Back in the public eye, and with his hunger for football restored, there were offers from several clubs. Keen for a fresh start, Briggs joined HB Køge of the Danish First Division. It started so well, with decent results and assured performances, before broken promises brought his stay to a premature end.

"The reason I had to leave there was because we had agreed that after the winter break they would organise for me and my family to come back together. We needed accommodation and for my kids to be set up at school but, in the end, they didn't uphold the agreement. It just fell through and I ended up having to leave."

It took until March for Briggs to be released from his contract, meaning that he could no longer sign for a Football League club. He then joined Dartford to keep himself busy until the end of the season, which ended up being cancelled shortly after his debut as the coronavirus pandemic descended.

In difficult circumstances, he's searching for a new club to relaunch his career next season, whenever that will be. "I want to get back into the League – at least League Two, League One. That's the level I definitely know I should be playing at," says Briggs.

"Obviously, with Covid-19 everything's moving so slowly, and clubs are reluctant to make signings. I really don't know what's going to happen, but I'm hoping I get some luck somewhere and get to the level I should be playing."

Briggs is aware of how his story is viewed – the 16-year-old footballer who had the world at his feet and somehow lost his way – but the reality is much more complex than that. It certainly hasn't been a smooth ride.

His long-standing record was eventually broken by another Fulham prospect, Harvey Elliott, who subsequently joined Liverpool. As Briggs can testify, there are many pitfalls for talented young players to navigate in order to reach their true potential.

"It was a bittersweet moment," says the defender, reflecting on Elliott's debut. "Having a title for 12 years, it's always going to be sad to see it go. You want to hold onto it as long as possible.

"At the same time, having it be broken kind of lifted the pressure and expectation off my shoulders. It feels like a weight has been lifted. That pressure is no longer there so I can just enjoy my football again."

With that freedom, Briggs hopes to thrive. He started out at the very top and still dreams of returning there one day. "I've constantly got this thing where I've got a point to prove. It's time to prove it now, and time for people to see."

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/matthew-briggs-discusses-journey-from-prems-youngest-player-to-non-league/

WhiteJC

Report: £1m man open to Celtic move after 9 months without a game

Marcus Bettinelli is open to a move to Celtic this summer with Fulham willing to let their out-of-favour goalkeeper leave for as little as £1 million, according to the Mail.

12 months ago, a talented English shot-stopper moved north of the border after losing his first-team berth, desperate to breathe fresh life into his ailing reputation.

And while Fraser Forster has certainly done that, after perhaps the best season of his entire career in a double-winning Celtic side, it remains to be seen if Bettinelli can emulate his success at Parkhead.

Try as they might, the Premiership champions have failed to turn Forster's loan deal into a permanent contract.

And, if reports are to be believed, Neil Lennon and Nicky Hammond are now scouring the market for potential replacements.

According to The Mail, Bettinelli has joined Greek international Vasilis Barkas and former Hoops favourite David Marshall on Celtic's radar.

At the age of 28, the former England U21 ace has found himself stuck on the bench in recent months. In fact, Bettinelli has not made a single Championship appearance since November with the giant Marek Rodak performing feats of goalkeeping brilliance in Fulham's starting XI.

It is no surprise, then, that the long-serving stopper is keen to consider his future at Craven Cottage with Fulham expected to listen to bids of around £1 million.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/08/report-1m-man-open-to-celtic-move-after-9-months-without-a-game/

WhiteJC

Knockaert Made Permanent

The Club is pleased to confirm that the permanent registration of Anthony Knockaert as a Fulham player has been completed.

While on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, the winger tallied nine goal contributions for the Whites this season, netting three in the Championship and laying on a further five assists, while he also scored a stunner in our FA Cup victory over Aston Villa.

Knockaert will now remain at the Club until the summer of 2023, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further year.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Knockaert said: "I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years. I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League.

"I've had a good time here since I joined the Club and I'm looking forward to the future."

Tony Khan added: "I'm pleased to announce that we've exercised our option to convert Anthony Knockaert's loan agreement to a permanent, and now Anthony will be with us at Fulham for the future!

"Anthony has become important to our squad since his arrival. Our loan deal with Brighton expired this month, and exercising our option ensures that Anthony will be with us for the remainder of our push for promotion this season and beyond!

"Anthony plays hard at both ends, and he brings great quality and competitiveness to our squad. He's scored and assisted important goals for us, and last night he made a huge block in stoppage time in our win at Nottingham Forest; I'm thrilled Anthony's staying with us!

"Come on Fulham!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/08/anthony-knockaert-made-permanent

WhiteJC

Knockaert completes Fulham switch

Winger joins Championship promotion-chasers after successful loan spell.

Anthony Knockaert has completed a permanent move from Brighton & Hove Albion to Fulham, following a successful loan spell.

French winger Knockaert joined the London club last July, initially on loan, with the option of a permanent move, which has now been exercised.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, "The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

"There's no doubting his contribution to this club, as part of the promotion-winning team in 2017, and those first two seasons in the Premier League.

"On behalf of everyone at the club I would like to thank him for his achievements."

Knockaert joined Albion from Standard Liege in January 2016 and quickly became a key player in the side. Albion won promotion in his first full season at the club, when he also was named as the EFL's Player of the Season.

Speaking after he made his loan move to Fulham last summer chairman Tony Bloom said, "Anthony will always have a very special place in the history books of our club, as an important member of the side which won our first-ever promotion to the Premier League.

"He played an integral role across that season and was deservedly named both the Championship and club's player of the season during that promotion campaign.

"He's provided some wonderful moments, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to thank him for the memories and say good luck for the future."

Knockaert played 159 times for Albion and scored the last of his 27 goals in last season's 2-1 win at Crystal Palace.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1715056/knockaert-completes-fulham-switch

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert: Fulham sign winger on permanent deal from Brighton

Anthony Knockaert has played in the Premier League with Leicester and Brighton

Fulham have signed Anthony Knockaert on a permanent deal from Brighton & Hove Albion following a loan spell.

The 28-year-old winger has scored four goals in 39 games for the Championship promotion hopefuls since making a season-long switch in July 2019.

The Frenchman has agreed a three-year contract at Craven Cottage, with the west London club having an option to extend the deal by a further year.

The fee Fulham have paid Brighton for Knockaert is undisclosed.

He joined Brighton from Standard Liege in January 2016, and he scored 27 goals in 139 outings for the Seagulls.

"I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years," he told the club website.

"I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53337821

WhiteJC

Talking Points: Nottingham Forest

Fulham's excellent record when scoring first this season is just one of the topics up for discussion following the professional job done in Nottingham.

1. Effective gameplan

Scott Parker's side executed the perfect away gameplan on Tuesday. Get the opening goal. Limit opposition chances. See the game out. Job done. Fulham have not lost a single match in which we have scored first this season, so credit must go to Parker and his team for their ability to manage football matches once we've established a foothold.

2. Harry's howitzer

We have already seen what Harry Arter is capable of from distance this season, and he was at it again at the City Ground with a stunning goal. There was a bit of fortune about the setup in that his attempted pass as he slipped hit an opposition player and came straight back to him, but he got up swiftly, set the ball so it was sat perfectly begging to be hit, and he obliged by spanking a swirling effort away from the goalkeeper and into the postage stamp.

3. Goals in short supply

Our meetings with Nottingham Forest tend to see goals, with just two of our previous nine Championship meetings yielding under three goals. The back of the net was hit 36 times in those outings, and Tuesday night's win was the first time only one goal has been scored in the fixture since the Whites' relegation in 2014.

4. Short turnaround

Fulham now face our shortest turnaround of the post-lockdown season, with just two days separating our matches with Forest and Cardiff City. The Bluebirds were also in action on Tuesday evening, losing 3-2 at home to Blackburn Rovers, so both teams will have similar preparation times ahead of the televised encounter at Craven Cottage on Friday night.

5. Knockaert's defensive diligence

Anthony Knockaert's desire to help out his more defence-minded colleagues has been impressive this season, and it was evident again at the City Ground. A crucial header to cut out a cross with 10 minutes to play, and his brave block to repel Lewis Grabban's shot, are two key moments that spring to mind.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/08/talking-points-nottingham-forest

WhiteJC

Brighton chairman gives heartfelt message to Anthony Knockaert after Fulham deal confirmed
Anthony Knockaert has completed a permanent move from Brighton & Hove Albion to Fulham, following a successful loan spell.

Anthony Knockaert was a popular figure at Brighton

French winger Knockaert joined the London club last July, initially on loan, with the option of a permanent move, which has now been exercised.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, "The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

"There's no doubting his contribution to this club, as part of the promotion-winning team in 2017, and those first two seasons in the Premier League.

"On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank him for his achievements."

Knockaert joined Albion from Standard Liege in January 2016 and quickly became a key player in the side. Albion won promotion in his first full season at the club, when he also was named as the EFL's Player of the Season.

Speaking after he made his loan move to Fulham last summer chairman Tony Bloom said, "Anthony will always have a very special place in the history books of our club, as an important member of the side which won our first-ever promotion to the Premier League.

"He played an integral role across that season and was deservedly named both the Championship and club's player of the season during that promotion campaign.

"He's provided some wonderful moments, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to thank him for the memories and say good luck for the future."

Knockaert played 159 times for Albion and scored the last of his 27 goals in last season's 2-1 win at Crystal Palace.

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/brighton-chairman-gives-heartfelt-message-anthony-knockaert-after-fulham-deal-confirmed-2907592

WhiteJC

Scott Parker praises Fulham resilience

Fulham boss Scott Parker hailed the resilience of his team after they kept alive their automatic promotion hopes with victory at Nottingham Forest.

A game of few clear-cut chances was settled in first-half injury time by Harry Arter's left-foot effort from just outside the penalty area which flew into the top corner of the net.

It was the midfielder's second goal in three matches and gave Fulham a third straight victory and moved them to within four points of second-placed West Brom, who host Derby on Wednesday.

All three wins have come in the absence of star player Aleksandar Mitrovic following his retrospective ban for elbowing Leeds' Ben White last month.

"I am very proud of my team. It's a big result for us but there's a bigger picture," said Parker.

"We were also with Tom Cairney today and players have had to step up. Harry has done that, he was fantastic today in terms of the goal and it was a fantastic strike.

"That's two in three now for Harry. We lost Mitrovic three games ago and we have had to find another way, the players have stepped up."

Fulham stay fourth in the Championship table but have narrowed the gap, temporarily at least, on the top two and Parker said: "Of course that's where we want to be.

"It's at this stage where seasons peter away or we go for it. We move on to Friday night and Cardiff and the way we are at the moment anything can happen. Hopefully we can keep producing results."

A first defeat since the restart for Forest is likely to end their hopes of catching the top two and mean they have to settle for a play-off spot.

Reds boss Sabri Lamouchie felt both teams were well below their best.

"We have conceded two goals in the worst moments – (against) Derby in the last second and just before half time tonight. It was not a good game for both teams and a draw would have been fair," said the Frenchman

"The two teams did not play like usual. Fulham did not create a lot but they won the match, so well done for that.

"We keep moving forward now and it is on to the next game. We need the points to stay where we are in the play-offs."

Lamouchi had a complaint about the goal after the ball appeared to hit Arter's arm before he shot.

"I don't need to see a replay of the goal, it was in front of me," he said. "He touched the ball with his hand and with VAR it would be a foul, but it is not available and it is bad luck for us but we don't have time to complain. We will analyse and rest and think about the next game."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-praises-fulham-resilience-1594150245000

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert seals permanent Fulham switch after impressing Scott Parker during loan spell from Brighton

Anthony Knockaert has made his loan to Fulham from Brighton permanent
    The French winger joined last summer and has scored three times this season
    Knockaert signed a contract until summer 2023 with an option of another year

Anthony Knockaert has joined Fulham on a permanent deal from Brighton following a loan spell at the west London club.

The French winger moved to Craven Cottage on loan last July and has scored three goals for the club in the Championship this season.

Knockaert has signed a deal until summer 2023 with an option for a further 12 months.

Anthony Knockaert has joined Fulham on a permanent deal from Brighton after his loan spell

The 28-year-old told the club's website: 'I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years. I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League.

I've had a good time here since I joined the club and I'm looking forward to the future.'

Brighton manager Graham Potter said: 'The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

'There's no doubting his contribution to this club, as part of the promotion-winning team in 2017, and those first two seasons in the Premier League.

'On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank him for his achievements.' 

The Frenchman moved to Craven Cottage last July and has scored three Championship goals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8502419/Anthony-Knockaert-seals-permanent-Fulham-switch-impressing-loan.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker bounces back in popularity as Fulham head coach – Manager Approval Ratings (Week 3)

Scott Parker has bounced back in popularity as Fulham head coach in the last week though he remains unpopular.

This is Week 3 of the Manager Approval Ratings series. This is where every week, we ask the fans whether they approve or disapprove of their manager. We then track the results over the weeks to see whether a manager has got more or less popular within their fanbase.

Last week in Week 2, Scott Parker received an approval rating of -65. This was after he was approved by 13% of Fulham fans with 78% of fans disapproving of him. 9% of fans who voted in this poll said they don't know if they approved or disapproved of him.

Week 2's results are as follows with changes detailed in brackets.

Approve: 27% (+14)
Disapprove: 67% (-11)
Don't Know: 5% (-4)
Net Approval Rating: -40 (+25)

As you can see, Parker has jumped in popularity as the Fulham head coach over the last week. Interestingly, he is now back at the same popularity that he had in Week 1 of the Manager Approval Ratings series. But this still means that even though Fulham are chasing promotion, Parker is still very unpopular within his own fanbase. The jump in popularity is not surprising as they have had a very good week, picking up two wins against QPR and Birmingham City.

During the time this poll was taking responses, Fulham beat Nottingham Forest 1-0.

Below is the full net approval rating results since Week 1.

Week 1: -40
Week 2: -65
Week 3: -40

https://the72.co.uk/178640/scott-parker-bounces-back-in-popularity-as-fulham-head-coach-manager-approval-ratings-week-3/

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Cardiff City - prediction, team news, lineups

Promotion-chasing rivals Fulham and Cardiff City face off at Craven Cottage on Friday evening in a big match at the top end of the Championship.

Fulham have won three games in a row and still have hope of finishing in the top two, while Cardiff are in possession of the final playoff spot despite defeat last time out.

Match preview
Back-to-back losses at the hands of Brentford and Leeds United on their return to action last month appeared to have killed off Fulham's automatic promotion hopes for good.

However, they have since claimed one-goal victories over Queens Park Rangers, Birmingham City and Nottingham Forest to just about remain in the hunt for a top-two finish.

The gap on second-placed West Bromwich Albion stands at four points ahead of the Baggies' game in hand against Derby County on Wednesday evening, with four games left to play.

Fulham will have to win each of their remaining matches if they are to overtake Brentford and one of West Brom or Leeds, or else it will be a case of settling for the playoffs.

That is something Cardiff would happily accept right now, with the Welsh outfit currently occupying sixth place after an impressive run of form post-lockdown.

The Bluebirds took 10 points from the first 12 on offer after returning to action, seeing them move from ninth to sixth in the division.

However, Neil Harris's side were sent crashing back down to earth on Tuesday night with a 3-2 home loss to Blackburn Rovers.

That has opened the door for the chasing pack to close the gap when they play their games in hand on Wednesday, with Derby potentially moving level on points with City.

Like Fulham, Cardiff will also likely be targeting all three points in West London on Friday, and they head to Craven Cottage on a run of three successive away victories.

Only neighbours Brentford have collected more home points than Fulham in the second tier this term, though, with the Cottagers winning 13 of their 21 matches.

The points were shared in a 1-1 draw when the sides last faced off 11 months ago, meanwhile, as Aleksandar Mitrovic struck to cancel out Josh Murphy's opener.

Fulham's Championship form: DLLWWW

Cardiff City's Championship form: WWWDWL

Team News
Cardiff boss Harris has made full use of his squad depth since the restart, with City's substitutes so often playing a starring role from the bench.

Robert Glatzel returned from a head injury against Blackburn, while Murphy was also recalled.

Glatzel maintained his good run in front of goal and should retain his place here, with Callum Patterson among the subs, but Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is expected to return out wide following the birth of his child in midweek.

There is also a question mark over goalkeeper Alex Smithies, who was at fault for a couple of Blackburn goals on Tuesday and may be given a breather here.

Fulham will welcome back the division's joint-top scorer Mitrovic for this match after the Serbian served the last of a three-game ban against Forest.

Joshua Onomah netted a late winner against Birmingham City last week and was rewarded with a start last time out, but Anthony Knockaert is pushing for a recall in attacking midfield.

Parker also has a decision to make in the full-back spots, with Denis Odoi and Joe Bryan getting the nod in midweek.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Rodak; Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Arter, Onomah; Knockaert, Mitrovic, Kebano

Cardiff City possible starting lineup:
Etheridge; Sanderson, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Bacuna, Ralls, Vaulks; Hoilett, Glatzel, Mendez-Laing.

We say: Fulham 1-1 Cardiff City

Both teams have won three out of five matches since returning to action last month and have plenty to play for in their remaining four games. Fulham have been tough to beat at home, while Cardiff have won three in a row away, so we are tipping this one to finish all square.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/championship-promotion-race/preview/preview-fulham-vs-cardiff-prediction-team-news-lineups_405637.html

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert joins Fulham on permanent deal

Anthony Knockaert has joined Fulham on a permanent deal from Brighton following a loan spell at the west London club.

The French winger, who moved to Craven Cottage on loan last July and has scored three goals for the club in the Championship this season, has signed a deal until summer 2023 with an option for a further 12 months.

Knockaert, 28, told the club's website: "I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years. I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League.

"I've had a good time here since I joined the club and I'm looking forward to the future."

Brighton manager Graham Potter said: "The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

"On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank him for his achievements."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/transfer-talk/news/anthony-knockaert-joins-fulham-on-permanent-deal_405636.html

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert Signs Permanently for Fulham

Anthony Knockaert has signed for Fulham on a permanent basis, completing his move from Brighton and Hove Albion.

The winger initially joined the Cottagers initially on loan in July 2019 with an option to buy at the end of his spell. Knockaert's new deal will see him remain at Fulham until 2023.

Anthony Knockaert Signs Permanently at Fulham
Impressive Loan Spell

Knockaert became a key figure in Scott Parker's side this season. He played 38 matches in the Championship, missing just four games due to a hamstring injury between January and February.

The winger scored five goals and made three assists in the league this season. He scored a stunning solo goal in his only FA Cup appearance of the season against Aston Villa in January. In the 2-1 win over the Villans, Knockaert ran from the halfway line, cut inside and hit a curling drive from 25 yards out.

Knockaert to continue Fulham 'Adventure'
The Frenchman spoke to Fulham TV after completing his move and is positive about his future at the club.

He said: "I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years. I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully, we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League.

"I've had a good time here since I joined the Club and I'm looking forward to the future."

Vice-chairman of Fulham FC, Tony Khan, also spoke to Fulham TV about Knockaert's new deal. He said: "I'm pleased to announce that we've exercised our option to convert Anthony Knockaert's loan agreement to a permanent, and now Anthony will be with us at Fulham for the future!

"Anthony has become important to our squad since his arrival. Our loan deal with Brighton expired this month, and exercising our option ensures that Anthony will be with us for the remainder of our push for promotion this season and beyond!

"Anthony plays hard at both ends, and he brings great quality and competitiveness to our squad. He's scored and assisted important goals for us, and last night he made a huge block in stoppage time in our win at Nottingham Forest; I'm thrilled Anthony's staying with us!"

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2020/07/08/anthony-knockaert-signs-permanently-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Anthony Knockaert seals permanent Fulham switch after loan stint

The French winger, who moved to Craven Cottage on loan last July and has scored three goals for the club in the Championship this season, has signed a deal until summer 2023 with an option for a further 12 months.

Knockaert, 28, told the club's website: "I'm happy to continue the adventure with Fulham for three more years. I'm really excited for the remainder of this season and hopefully we can achieve our goal of being promoted to the Premier League.

"I've had a good time here since I joined the club and I'm looking forward to the future."

Brighton manager Graham Potter said: "The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/anthony-knockaert-seals-permanent-fulham-switch-after-loan-stint-1594213648000

WhiteJC

Arter: Vital Three Points

While delighted to get on the scoresheet again, Harry Arter was more concerned with taking the three points back to London on Tuesday.

Fulham moved five points clear of promotion rivals Nottingham Forest by executing their gameplan impeccably, with Arter's wonder strike the difference.

After trying to play a square pass, the ball hit a Forest foot to come back to Arter, who needed no second invitation to smash it top bins.

"It was a tad lucky how the ball came back to me, but I just felt it open up, didn't have too much time to think about it, but luckily for me it went in," he said after the game.

"It was a great feeling. It's always nice to score goals. It was still relatively early in the game so there was a lot of concentrating to do to keep a clean sheet. Thankfully we did that.

"I'm obviously pleased for myself as the goal was the match winner, but the three points was vitally important."

Arter has started the Whites' previous four outings, a period in which we have collected nine points and he's scored twice.

"I always try my hardest, that's just ultimately what I've always tried to do when I play," Arter said. "Some people appreciate it and some people don't. You just have to try as hard as you can and follow the Manager's instructions.

"I think everyone to a man did that, from Marek all the way up to Bobby. It wasn't just the play on the ball, I felt we worked really hard off it, and ultimately that got us the three points."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/08/harry-arter-vital-three-points

WhiteJC

Games for the week-end 10/07
Friday evening see's us welcome Cardiff City to the Cottage for a 20:15 kick-off
With the 3 match ban over I'm sure we'll see Mitro back in the starting line-up, I'm just wondering whats happened to AK47? and if Tom will be available? you'd think the club would give us a clue?

Cardiff are another team that we have mixed results against with 4 wins, 4 losses and 6 draws. They're on a bit of a run since the re-start, most impressive was their 2-0 win over Leeds, having won 4 and drawn 1, although they lost against Rovers on Tuesday it'll still be a tough game for us Friday evening.

COYWs

Games of Interest...

Friday 10th

Fulham v Cardiff

Saturday 11th
Charlton v Reading
Derby v Brentford
Rovers v West Brom
Hull v Millwall
Preston NE v Forest
QPR v Sheff Wed

Sunday 12th
Swansea v Leeds

come on over to the forum and join in the discussion...
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wordpress/?p=1197

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Post Match Show: Fulham Beat Nottingham Forest

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, we looked back at the 1-0 victory for Fulham against Nottingham Forest. Later on, we shared our predictions for Fulham against Cardiff City.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/7/8/21317960/cottage-talk-post-match-show-fulham-beat-nottingham-forest