more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Cardiff

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 09, 2020, 02:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Team for Cardiff

With Scott Parker confirming that there will be no Tom Cairney for Friday, what will your preferred 11 be v Cardiff?

We also have Mitrovic back from suspension, which brings him into contention.

Based on that, we thinking of the following;

Mitrovic'

Cavalerio                        Knockhaert

Reid

Arter          Reed

Bryan       Ream      Hector        odoi

Rodak'

Let us know your preferred 11 below

#FULHAMFC #FFC #FULCAR

Southcoastffc

Unless Onomah is injured, can't see how he'd be left out.

Rodak

Christie
Ream
Hector
Bryan

Arter
Reed
Onomah

Reid
Knock
Mitro

Subs:
Betts
KMac
Stefjo
Odoi
Sess
Cav
Mawson
Jasper
De La Torre

Subs in bold the most likely to be used.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ByTheRiver

Some selection headaches for the first time in a while (though slightly less so with Tom out). I would go:

Mitro

Cav                               D-Reid

Onomah

Arter          Reed

Odoi       Ream      Hector        Christie

Rodak

I would take Bryan at LB and Odoi at right though as Joe seemed much better in the week, staying back and not caught of out position nearly as much. I just think with Reid on the right wing but coming central, it gives Christie a chance to get forward on the overlap. I wouldn't move D-Reid into the midfield as I think he is better further forward and it makes the midfield a bit weaker as he's no tackler. Reed/Arter/Onomah is a tough central engine room and that will be needed against Cardiff's cloggers.

Feels a bit harsh on Kebano and Knockaert as both did well on Tuesday but I'd bring both on 60-70 as that will be a nightmare for the tiring defenders. Freshen up the central roles too with Steff off the bench and maybe Kev if he is properly fit.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 09, 2020, 03:40:16 PM
Some selection headaches for the first time in a while (though slightly less so with Tom out). I would go:

Mitro

Onomah

Arter          Reed

Rodak

I would take Bryan at LB and Odoi at right though as Joe seemed much better in the week, staying back and not caught of out position nearly as much. I just think with Reid on the right wing but coming central, it gives Christie a chance to get forward on the overlap. I wouldn't move D-Reid into the midfield as I think he is better further forward and it makes the midfield a bit weaker as he's no tackler. Reed/Arter/Onomah is a tough central engine room and that will be needed against Cardiff's cloggers.
To be fair, I don't think Cardiff are such cloggers these days under Neil Harris, of whom I have fond memories given that we spanked his then team of Millwall 4 nil last august.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 09, 2020, 03:43:37 PM

Mitro

Onomah

Arter          Reed

Rodak

To be fair, I don't think Cardiff are such cloggers these days under Neil Harris, of whom I have fond memories given that we spanked his then team of Millwall 4 nil last august.

That was glorious! Broke passing and possession records. Maybe that set expectations too high... Imagine Parkerball was a (slightly lesser obviously) version of that most weeks.

To be honest, I've not seen a lot of Cardiff this year. I think I just still picture them as how they played under Warnock, but combined with an ex-Millwall manager, and assume it won't be flowing football with many players committed forward! But could well be wide of the mark and doing them a disservice!

Robbie

Bring Mitro on later .. see how things work out

filham

Mitro

Onomah

Arter          Reed

Rodak

Feels a bit harsh on Kebano and Knockaert as both did well on Tuesday but I'd bring both on 60-70 as that will be a nightmare for the tiring defenders. Freshen up the central roles too with Steff off the bench and maybe Kev if he is properly fit.
Yes, I agree with all of this but would substitute Arter after 60 minutes with Stefjo or earlier at the first whiff of a card.

Matt10

With TC confirmed as out, I'd like to see Knockaert start and see how he gets on with his permanent contract. Onomah's momentum needs to keep going. BDR or Cav come out to make way for Mitro though. My thinking it will be BDR as he hasn't had much of a break in the last couple of matches.

Think Cardiff will be a really tough one. It won't be man-marking galore as it was when we played them earlier in the season, but I can imagine we'll be on our heels a lot more than, for example, against Birmingham City.

My heart wants StefJo to start, because I feel he can truly break the lines and find a key pass, but not sure he's done enough as a sub for Parker to validate the Onomah-Reed-Arter midfield be relieved.

Rodak

Odoi     Hector     Ream     Bryan

Arter       Reed

Knock      Onomah     Cav

Mitro

MrFFC

For me

Rodak

Odoi       Hector      Ream      Bryan

Reed   Onomah

Knockaert      Bobby     Cavaleiro

Mitro

Subs - Bettinelli Christie Sess Mawson Johansen McDonald Arter Jasper Kebano
Come on you Whites!! :)

The Rational Fan

We need two strong aerial central defenders against Cardiff (i.e. not Ream) and we need a third center-back (whether it's Mawson or MLM) to get one full game against a good opponent before the playoffs. As for the wingers, we just rotate like crazy unless one winger proves better than the others.

Rodak
Odoi      Hector      Mawson   Bryan
                    Reed
Knock    Arter        Onomah    Reid             
                   Mitro

Used Subs: MLM, Stefjo, Cav, and Kebano
Unused Subs: Betts, Christie, Ream, MLM, KMac, Stefjo, Cav, Kebano and Jasper