watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Expectations For Tonight.

Started by filham, July 10, 2020, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Another match against a top six team and we are without Cairney but with Mitro back. A win would give us a certain play off place so it is a six pointer plus and two or three goals would do a lot for our confidence.

So what do we think a good win or at worst a boring draw.

Denglish white

I think Mitro will be chomping at the bit to get back and make up for the Leeds brainfart he had, so I'm going for a comfortable 3-0 win with him scoring a couple.

grandad

Knowing how Cardiff play they will try & rough us up, crock a few key players. They are big & strong & dangerous at corners & set pieces. I worry about Ream as he must be jaded having played so many matches in a short time. He needs at least a week to recover.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: grandad on July 10, 2020, 10:57:29 AM
Knowing how Cardiff play they will try & rough us up, crock a few key players. They are big & strong & dangerous at corners & set pieces. I worry about Ream as he must be jaded having played so many matches in a short time. He needs at least a week to recover.
Yes, their rough tactics will be targeted at Mitro and Arter both have short fuses, Parker may be well advised to take them off after 60 minutes as the last half hour could become really nasty.

KJS

All teams are full of jaded players not just FFC and certainly not just Ream

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on July 10, 2020, 11:44:38 AM
Yes, their rough tactics will be targeted at Mitro and Arter both have short fuses, Parker may be well advised to take them off after 60 minutes as the last half hour could become really nasty.
This is something of a myth these days.  Cardiff are 6th in the fair play table, we are 16th.  I know that cards aren't the be all and end all but they have 66 yellows, 2 red and 2 double yellows. We have 71, 2 reds  and 2 doubles.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

rebel

Hopefully the Ref will be upto their tactics. We need players dribbling into the box. Make their defenders make a 'choice'.
I would actually bring Mitro on at half-time, see how we get on with a winning team (Although attacking wise, we weren't at the races).

RaySmith

Keep it tight at the back, no silly errors. need to be strong in the air to counter their arial threat from set pieces, and pacey wingers, who need o be closed down. I thought Bryan did a good job  at the back on Tuesday.

I predict a cagey game, but we should be confident, and with Mitro back, probably determined to show  how much we need him, hopefully we  can create a few  direct scoring chances - and score from them!

Should be a tough game, with a determined, in form   Cardiff defending in depth and  trying to hit us fast on the break with long, high balls, and running in behind the defence.

I'm sure Parker  will have primed the team on what to expect, and  urging players to get back to cover their attacks, and defend from the front, as we did v Forest.

Southdowns White

3-3 and a player each sent off 9 bookings.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 10, 2020, 12:11:23 PM
Quote from: filham on July 10, 2020, 11:44:38 AM
This is something of a myth these days.  Cardiff are 6th in the fair play table, we are 16th.  I know that cards aren't the be all and end all but they have 66 yellows, 2 red and 2 double yellows. We have 71, 2 reds  and 2 doubles.
That is surprising but I bet they will do something tonight to make up that deficit in yellows.

fulhamben

Don't really care about score, I just want us to play a little more direct. Create more
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rock

We aren't going to catch both WBA and Brentford. We aren't going lower than 6th, let alone 4th either. Nice to have continued good form, but not sure much matters until the playoffs for us. Hope I am made to eat my words and this game is the win where it all changes, but this is highly unlikely.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: KJS on July 10, 2020, 11:59:10 AM

All teams are full of jaded players not just FFC and certainly not just Ream
Agree.
I think this showed in The Forest Team on Tuesday.