watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SP TK.

Started by blingo, September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

My only angst about the situation FFC find themselves in is that there may be a much better way of doing things than what we have seen since TK decided to be a major influence in areas where, unlike SP, he has no qualifications or pedigree at all.  Whether the guys are nice or nasty only they can say, IMO, not that it has any relevance to anything at all.  I rather suspect that all the nastiness we have seen in the last few years has eminated from things TK has done rather badly and if that was his best then heaven help us when he dishes out his worse.   

rebel

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:30:39 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

Agree, 2 relegations, 3 managers in each relegation season. It didn't work the first time they had 3 managers in a season, they didn't learn anything from that experience. It's a very American thing to 'fire' people.

rebel

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:33:31 PM
And we should have gone up as champions not through the play offs with the best squad in the championship. SP was lucky in the championship. He won't cut it at this level.

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Nothing like motivating your team as a manager by saying, we will lose more games than we win is there?

Agree 100%.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2020, 05:41:34 PM
My only angst about the situation FFC find themselves in is that there may be a much better way of doing things than what we have seen since TK decided to be a major influence in areas where, unlike SP, he has no qualifications or pedigree at all.  Whether the guys are nice or nasty only they can say, IMO, not that it has any relevance to anything at all.  I rather suspect that all the nastiness we have seen in the last few years has eminated from things TK has done rather badly and if that was his best then heaven help us when he dishes out his worse.

So, you ignore what he's done well?   I'm not being aggressive...just asking a simple question because personally, as an organization I think Fulham have had an above average to good past 5 seasons compared to a majority of football organizations...and I attribute some of that to the decisions that Tony Khan has made.  Not all of his decisions mind you, but some of his decisions that have indeed worked out.

Do you not agree?

rebel

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 05:00:43 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

To me it looks like Khan Junior is trying to balance the books, he's gone the polar opposite direction to our previous return to the Prem and spending (£120m).

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 13, 2020, 05:26:34 PM
The weakest link is the owners son, he is the catalyst in all this Buffoonary in bringing in players.
He is far from qualified in the job as D of F and it shows. He purchases players we don't need to cover up his short comings in failing in his negotiations to sign the players we do need.
To take away the attention of his failures. 
How many lightweight players, made up of deadwood and players who surplus were to requirements of their parent clubs he bought every year that either never make the first team or only last a short while, too many to remember.
No other club either side of the equator would tolerate his incompetence, except his father, and how much of his money has he wasted. Fulham have been promoted twice by two different managers despite the Huge Handicap of having the owners son interfering in their jobs.
A Centre Half was the priority before any other position to be strengthened, and the season has commenced and we appear to be no nearer that we were months ago. In fact we are worse off now that Alfie Mawson is on loan at Bristol City, not the way to operate a Premier League Club.

Agree.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: RaySmith on September 13, 2020, 05:24:40 PM
But we supposedly have a two tick method of identifying possible new players - stats and scouting assessments, which seems reasonable to me.

I don't think the club is just  concerned with getting in the cheapest players possible.

They've been  accused of  splashing the cash unnecessarily in  the [past, and this season  what about the offers we've made to get Luis.
I think the Khans and  Parker very much  want to stay in the Prem - are they blind that they can't see what we  can all see ?-that we need top quality players who often cost big money to do this, it's their reps, careers, and money on the line after all.
But these top players usually want to go to top, successful clubs, so we're often looking at young players eager to prove themselves, or players at th end of their careers.

I don't think SP and TK are particularly 'nice' - well they may or may not be, I've never met them, but  experienced professionals in  football and business respectively, competitive and  driven to succeed at what they do.

This.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 05:52:58 PM

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

To me it looks like Khan Junior is trying to balance the books, he's gone the polar opposite direction to our previous return to the Prem and spending (£120m).

But surely you are aware of the window being open several more weeks?

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 05:49:33 PM

So, you ignore what he's done well?   I'm not being aggressive...just asking a simple question because personally, as an organization I think Fulham have had an above average to good past 5 seasons compared to a majority of football organizations...and I attribute some of that to the decisions that Tony Khan has made.  Not all of his decisions mind you, but some of his decisions that have indeed worked out.

Do you not agree?

The 3 managers during the second relegation season stands out as a major highlight. If we hadn't gone down with 3 managers during our first relegation season, then all the good work wouldn't have been necessary. 

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 13, 2020, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 05:52:58 PM

But surely you are aware of the window being open several more weeks?

Yes, I envisage 'loans, then buy' transfers. That way if we go down then we don't have to fork out huge sums. Which is o.k. 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 06:01:19 PM

Do you not agree?

The 3 managers during the second relegation season stands out as a major highlight. If we hadn't gone down with 3 managers during our first relegation season, then all the good work wouldn't have been necessary.

Yup.   That was poor decision making...that resulted in us getting relegated, yet also got us Scott Parker...and also had us come right back up.

Sure...would have been nice to have been in Leeds position...but then we wouldn't have had the joy of watching TWO championship winning games in 3 seasons.

It hasn't been all roses, no.    It also hasn't been a Wigan, Sunderland or Bolton train wreck like some are implying it has been.

toshes mate

Do you not agree?
No.  When opportunity falls into your lap through fate most business managers lap up the good times and consolidate and don't imperil their good fortune by making wretchedly poor decisions.  TK has no idea what a lucky boy he has been, which is my way of saying he knows how to look a gift horse in the mouth which is not IMHO a great recommendation for anyone.

colinwhite

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
TK is not a nice guy.

A petty vindictive individual

And you are a laugh a minute pal  .One negative post after another !

absenteeism

Quote from: colinwhite on September 13, 2020, 06:34:31 PM
TK is not a nice guy.

And you are a laugh a minute pal  .One negative post after another !
I'm like Parker - a realist

grandad

TK is not a nice guy.

I would take 10 of him to one of you. You are the one being vindictive. You are anti everything the owners have done for our club. I don´t see what you are trying to prove with your attitude.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BarryP

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM
Both nice guys but sp is not experienced enough for the prem and TK needs to understand we need proven prem players and not stats players. Better with three proven prem players at twenty m than ten may turn out to be good. Also let's stop buying players with dodgy knees. Rant over.

So you're ok with doing this again?

Aleksandar Mitrović - Newcastle
Calum Chambers - Arsenal
Alfie Mawson - Swansea City
Andre Schurlle -   Chelsea + Bundesliga
Ryan Babel - Liverpool + Bundesliga

Because we all know what a spectacular result these proven Premier League players provided us in 2018/2019.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

WindyCity

Nothing like motivating your team as a manager by saying, we will lose more games than we win is there?

Agreed.  I'm sorry, but from a head coach this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Don't get me wrong, I like SP.  But this sort of thing should never be part of the dialogue.  I just don't want to hear this from my head coach.  Does not need to be verbalized.  Sure, we all know, and I'm sure the players do too, the reality of the situation.  Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies.  Just keep it zipped!

alfie

Quote from: bog on September 13, 2020, 04:20:51 PM
Is he still using that stats c***?  :031: If he is then God or someone please help us and before the transfer window slams shut. I wish our defence could slam shut.  :022:

092.gif
ALL clubs use a stats module.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 06:52:46 PM

Agreed.  I'm sorry, but from a head coach this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Don't get me wrong, I like SP.  But this sort of thing should never be part of the dialogue.  I just don't want to hear this from my head coach.  Does not need to be verbalized.  Sure, we all know, and I'm sure the players do too, the reality of the situation.  Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies.  Just keep it zipped!

A post game interview after a loss is listened to/heard by how many of the actual players do ya think?   Or are most of them listening to music with ear buds on the bus, or in their cars on the ride home?

I doubt professional footballers listen to media noise.   It's counter productive.

If you think his message was meant for the general public, he's setting the bar low....as he should do imo. 

It won't be liked by some  (like you)   and some won't find issue with it (like me).

If he says nothing, or complains, or says  "on to the next game"...   who does that benefit?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

WindyCity

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 06:52:46 PM

A post game interview after a loss is listened to/heard by how many of the actual players do ya think?   Or are most of them listening to music with ear buds on the bus, or in their cars on the ride home?

I doubt professional footballers listen to media noise.   It's counter productive.

Oh, I think they listen.  Especially when that media noise is coming from their own coach.  It's counter productive.