SP TK.

Started by blingo, September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 06:52:46 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Nothing like motivating your team as a manager by saying, we will lose more games than we win is there?

Agreed.  I'm sorry, but from a head coach this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Don't get me wrong, I like SP.  But this sort of thing should never be part of the dialogue.  I just don't want to hear this from my head coach.  Does not need to be verbalized.  Sure, we all know, and I'm sure the players do too, the reality of the situation.  Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies.  Just keep it zipped!

A post game interview after a loss is listened to/heard by how many of the actual players do ya think?   Or are most of them listening to music with ear buds on the bus, or in their cars on the ride home?

I doubt professional footballers listen to media noise.   It's counter productive.

Oh, I think they listen.  Especially when that media noise is coming from their own coach.  It's counter productive.

They listen to their head coach/manager almost every day multiple times a day, before, during and after their game...

I'd conjecture they aren't listening to an interview after a loss.   They are thinking about what they could have done better or they are trying to get away from thoughts of the game until they go back to work.

But...I may be wrong (as you may be).

Sting of the North

Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 07:02:27 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on September 13, 2020, 06:52:46 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Nothing like motivating your team as a manager by saying, we will lose more games than we win is there?

Agreed.  I'm sorry, but from a head coach this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Don't get me wrong, I like SP.  But this sort of thing should never be part of the dialogue.  I just don't want to hear this from my head coach.  Does not need to be verbalized.  Sure, we all know, and I'm sure the players do too, the reality of the situation.  Sometimes these guys are their own worst enemies.  Just keep it zipped!

A post game interview after a loss is listened to/heard by how many of the actual players do ya think?   Or are most of them listening to music with ear buds on the bus, or in their cars on the ride home?

I doubt professional footballers listen to media noise.   It's counter productive.

Oh, I think they listen.  Especially when that media noise is coming from their own coach.  It's counter productive.
Maybe they listen, but I'm pretty sure they don't over analyze each sentence looking for something to complain about. The players listen to Parker every day, so they surely know what he's about. I am very surprised this absolute non issue is still debated,  it that's of course my subjective opinion.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:33:31 PM
And we should have gone up as champions not through the play offs with the best squad in the championship. SP was lucky in the championship. He won't cut it at this level.

"Lucky", in what sense?

RaySmith

The players are realistic anyway.
They know  Prem survival is going to be tough, but I'm sure they are motivated for the battle, and know parker will lead them in this - one sentence in an interview that they  probably din;t even listen to, isn't going to make a difference.
They all know, as well, how difficult it can be when a mike is thrust in your face after a loss.

Twig

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
TK is not a nice guy.

A petty vindictive individual

Genuinely interested, how do you know this? Have you worked with him?

Nero

Christ on a bike moaning about TK and SP sigings before one of them has played a game, Shall we see them play before wrting everyine off

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Nero on September 13, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
Christ on a bike moaning about TK and SP sigings before one of them has played a game, Shall we see them play before wrting everyine off

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? The season has started and we haven't seen any of our new signings play a game yet. Not even a pre-season friendly.

TK has failed to get even a SINGLE new signing ready for the start of the season (except for re-signing Reed on an option and even that one dragged out). Not a SINGLE position in our starting 11 against Arsenal had been strengthened.

The position everyone knew should be top priority (CB) hasn't even been signed yet and will be WEEKS away from being fully integrated into the squad even if we sign someone tomorrow. Which means we will most likely play our upcoming relegation six pointers with our current options at CB.

The club is run by a part-time amateur who will most likely never be fired because he is the owner's son. Which means that we have a DoF who will never be held accountable for his failures. I mean, how many managers/head coaches are we going to fire before we fire our DoF? In the current situation the anwer to that question is probably 'all of them'. I'd rather have the Michael Jackson statue as DoF.

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 13, 2020, 04:47:13 PM
And we should have gone up as champions not through the play offs with the best squad in the championship. SP was lucky in the championship. He won't cut it at this level.

I am sorry this is the positive Blingo who does nothing but be positive? So now your theory is get rid of the coach and the system that won two promotions. This after one match in the Prem against a team who finished well and probably are in the top three in the division.

Remind me not to be as positive as you.

Ahhh A response from the other half of the blingo/lighthouse scale lol. You know im right Light head, you just like moaning hahahahaha

blingo

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: OhConnah on September 13, 2020, 04:23:57 PM
Ah yes, and I'm sure you were experienced and knew what you were doing for every hobby or professional career you held or currently hold from day one. No career should ever progress, because no one can ever progress, develop, or evolve. Scott had one season in charge in the league below this one, and he got us out of it on the first ask. It's reasonable to let him learn his trade in the league above and give him time. There will be growing pains, but that's with any leader moving to the next higher management position in any industry.

If every "boss" I ever had or any managerial position I ever held was let go because they couldn't perform or adapt immediately to the expected standard on week one - we'd have no one, and future leaders wouldn't be able to grow because they're always "too inexperienced" Or simply "not good enough"

I have no comment on TK - but as far as ur gaffer goes - to write him off already is folly.

Amen

TBH ive owned 8 successful companies and no no one knows it all, but I started from nothing not a $4.5 BILLION fortune, so there is more than enough business accummen there (or should be) to make FFC successful and profitable. Mr K seems more interested in developing than FFC. His son has 0+ experience and SP has about the same. Do YOU personally see that as the right way forward? I for one don't.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 05:52:58 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:30:39 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

To me it looks like Khan Junior is trying to balance the books, he's gone the polar opposite direction to our previous return to the Prem and spending (£120m).

Correct

blingo

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 13, 2020, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 05:52:58 PM
This is a multi million pound business not asdas checkout. If we want to progress we need more from Khan in terms of players and a top manager if they are serious about owning a top team. They have the money, but a new Riverside stand doesn't cut it in the third division does it. We need quality and we've already had one lesson. How many lessons does it take before it sinks in?

When are you going to understand that FFP limits how much the Khans can spend on players?

To me it looks like Khan Junior is trying to balance the books, he's gone the polar opposite direction to our previous return to the Prem and spending (£120m).

But surely you are aware of the window being open several more weeks?

For sure but how much have we spent?

Matt10

Considering how busy TK is with wrestling, don't you guys think he's delegating Fulham transfer business to others? Just a thought. In addition, if Parker has the final say, why again is that TK's fault? Why does it have to be anyone's fault at all? I am sure there is so much more behind the scenes than what we're privvy to, yet we somehow find it in ourselves to assume and validate others with the same mentality.

Also, and I've said this before, at one point in time does his experience count for something? He's been doing this what - almost 5 years now? I've been in career paths where I should've never been close to touching - but I'm going on 4 years now and now consider myself an expert.

I get the nepotism that hangs over - and I'm sure TK knows it too - but at what point in time is that going to stop being an excuse? We wanted Reed, we signed Reed. We upgraded our midfield, we got Lemina and looks like keeping Anguissa - both Champions league experienced players.

If we sign a centre back tomorrow - does Tony get credit and is off the hook temporarily? It always seems like the heat gets hotter when we aren't getting what we want. We start attacking Fulham players, coaches, staff, even supporters. We played one match - and it's like we're already in relegation mentality.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 09:41:15 PM

TK has failed to get even a SINGLE new signing ready for the start of the season (except for re-signing Reed on an option and even that one dragged out). Not a SINGLE position in our starting 11 against Arsenal had been strengthened.

Ok...I get that you don't like TK, but the sentence in bold is simply not true.

Also, we have an Asst. Director of Football and a head coach/manager that are responsible for finding players willing to play for Fulham, not Tony Khan.    Go in on them.

Edit:  I see you changed the wording.  I retract my statement that your statement isn't true.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2020, 05:09:08 PM

But we are nowhere near that limit at the moment

So you agree with me... they're limited on what they can spend. Obviously since they are limited in what they can spend, they have to be very careful on how the spend what money they can. Don't want to just throw it at random people and things.

blingo

Quote from: BarryP on September 13, 2020, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 04:13:04 PM
Both nice guys but sp is not experienced enough for the prem and TK needs to understand we need proven prem players and not stats players. Better with three proven prem players at twenty m than ten may turn out to be good. Also let's stop buying players with dodgy knees. Rant over.

So you're ok with doing this again?

Aleksandar Mitrović - Newcastle
Calum Chambers - Arsenal
Alfie Mawson - Swansea City
Andre Schurlle -   Chelsea + Bundesliga
Ryan Babel - Liverpool + Bundesliga

Because we all know what a spectacular result these proven Premier League players provided us in 2018/2019.

Bad management decisions mate.
Mitro A1
Chambers.....jury is out but not overly impressed
mawson ..hadnt played for ages and recurring knee problems, would you have bought him?
schurle.......just a NO too old and not consistent
Babel, did ok but could have done so much better with better players around him. But again...too old.

Do you not see a serious lack of man management trying to buy us out of trouble on the cheap?

Deeping_white

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 13, 2020, 09:41:15 PM

Well that's exactly the problem isn't it? The season has started and we haven't seen any of our new signings play a game yet. Not even a pre-season friendly.

The position everyone knew should be top priority (CB) hasn't even been signed yet and will be WEEKS away from being fully integrated into the squad even if we sign someone tomorrow. Which means we will most likely play our upcoming relegation six pointers with our current options at CB.

The club is run by a part-time amateur who will most likely never be fired because he is the owner's son. Which means that we have a DoF who will never be held accountable for his failures. I mean, how many managers/head coaches are we going to fire before we fire our DoF? In the current situation the anwer to that question is probably 'all of them'. I'd rather have the Michael Jackson statue as DoF.

We had two pre season games and there was a 39 day gap between the Play Off Final and the first game of the season. To expect the club to have a plethora of signings in place to start the first game is unreasonable, bearing in mind the players all went off for a summer holiday and pre season games started about two weeks ago at the earliest. If this was 2018/19 I would give you that argument but to expect a new team ready to go in such a short space of time is a lousy argument. Parker could've used Lemina/Robinson but chose not to so that's kind of on the manager not the transfer team.

For what it's worth, Robinson played in the MK Dons friendly and I believe both him and Lemina played in the game against Southampton

blingo

Quote from: Twig on September 13, 2020, 07:28:26 PM

"Lucky", in what sense?

We have a bad defence and without Hector would have gone down. We lost games that we should never have lost. We were very lucky.

blingo

And WHY did not ONE of our new signings play yesterday?

BarryP

Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 10:20:32 PM
Both nice guys but sp is not experienced enough for the prem and TK needs to understand we need proven prem players and not stats players. Better with three proven prem players at twenty m than ten may turn out to be good. Also let's stop buying players with dodgy knees. Rant over.

Calum Chambers - Arsenal

Because we all know what a spectacular result these proven Premier League players provided us in 2018/2019.

Mitro A1
mawson ..hadnt played for ages and recurring knee problems, would you have bought him?
Babel, did ok but could have done so much better with better players around him. But again...too old.

Do you not see a serious lack of man management trying to buy us out of trouble on the cheap?

What I see is a serious lack of realism by a Fulham fan in the type of players newly promoted teams are able to attract. Keep dreaming though because sometimes dreams do come true! (FYI I mean that sincerely, not having a dig at you)
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

blingo

Quote from: BarryP on September 13, 2020, 10:52:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 13, 2020, 10:20:32 PM

Calum Chambers - Arsenal

Mitro A1

What I see is a serious lack of realism by a Fulham fan in the type of players newly promoted teams are able to attract. Keep dreaming though because sometimes dreams do come true! (FYI I mean that sincerely, not having a dig at you)

No offence taken Barry. As the saying goes, money talks and b/s walks. We did it when we went DOWN with Coleman etc. The incentive to play in the prem is enough to attract a player who can then showcase himself in the best footballing division in the world.