watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playing Odoi left CB is a big cry for help

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 19, 2020, 05:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

I think playing Odoi left CB is a big shout for help from tk with defenders from Parker

Tabby

Think Odoi looked fairly decent there in fairness.

But yeah, CB reinforcements desperately needed.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 05:13:22 PM

Agree.

grandad

Odoi is a great Championship utility player but no where near good enough for the EPL. Fancy being skimmed on the outside by Bamford of all players. He gave Hector the jitters which is why he had a poor game. CB´s have to have confidence in each other.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sting of the North

Quote from: grandad on September 19, 2020, 05:26:19 PM
Odoi is a great Championship utility player but no where near good enough for the EPL. Fancy being skimmed on the outside by Bamford of all players. He gave Hector the jitters which is why he had a poor game. CB´s have to have confidence in each other.

It's absolutely ridiculous to blame Hector's performance on Odoi, he's an adult professional football player ffs. Odoi at least almost held his own today, Hector looked like a league 2 player.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 05:13:22 PM

This.   He did ok today...but he's a backup CB on a relegation fighting side.  Nothing more than that.   He can do what he did today against another relegation fighting side.

Fulham need better.  And Michael Hector needs to get his head out his ...and wake up.   He's too tall and too quick to be as brain dead as he's been the last two games.

Grandad...  Odoi did fine today.   I'm still waiting for Big Hec to shake off whatever has been ailing him since they came back from lockdown.

bog

+1. 100%

Tonywa

Odoi is making all the same mistakes he made when we were last in the Prem two years ago and Hector is all over the place.  Without joking I think we would have been better off keeping Mawson.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2020, 05:39:16 PM
Odoi is making all the same mistakes he made when we were last in the Prem two years ago and Hector is all over the place.  Without joking I think we would have been better off keeping Mawson.

Hector is the most concerning part of the first 2 games to me. You are absolutely correct about him being all over the place positionally. His failure to win headers off corners has lead directly to 2 goals as well. As a CB that just can't keep happening. The LCB obviously needs upgrading, but the club need Hector to get up to speed quickly with the Premier League or it is going to get ugly I fear.

filham

Odoi's performance today was better than we have seen from any Fulham centre back this season, had Hector performed as well we may not have conceded four goals.
Surely TK and Parker must realise that we have a criticle problem at centre back that if allowed to continue will leave us stranded at the bottom of the table.

MJG

Said before the last PL season and I'll say it again. If Odoi starts a majority games for us this year we go down.
Hes simply not a player who should be consistently starting in a PL team, and when we have to pick him as a cb its even worse.
Just the views of a long term fan

FFC In Oz

Quote from: MJG on September 20, 2020, 07:29:06 AM
Said before the last PL season and I'll say it again. If Odoi starts a majority games for us this year we go down.
Hes simply not a player who should be consistently starting in a PL team, and when we have to pick him as a cb its even worse.

Absolutely agree.

That's no knock on Odoi because he tries his guts out every game, and leaves everything he has on the pitch.

But there is not one other PL team that he would start for, and he'd probably only struggle to make the bench for a couple of other sides at best

colinwhite

Love Denis but sadly agree with MJG. Im sure Parker feels pretty much the same.

KJS

Quote from: colinwhite on September 20, 2020, 07:53:14 AM
Love Denis but sadly agree with MJG. Im sure Parker feels pretty much the same.

Totally agree

Rodshig

I actually thought odoi running through the middle with the ball was a breath of fresh air and something positive.

Our build up play is terrible.  Our wingers have forgotten how to attack.

I believe leeds got complacent, tts why we scored 2 goals in the 2nd half. 

toshes mate

I have heard some ridiculous excuses for player performances in my time, but never one about a fellow team member giving them the jitters.  Really, people, do you actually watch games or do you make it up as you go along to suit your preconceptions and biases?  Hector has been almost complete rubbish for two games; Odoi has at least played on the winning side this season and helped to keep a clean sheet.  If anyone should have had the jitters it should have been Odoi but do you know what? It makes no difference to his game who is he is playing with because although not claiming to be the world's greatest defender he is the consummate professional footballer.

Nero

Quote from: toshes mate on September 20, 2020, 08:16:45 AM
I have heard some ridiculous excuses for player performances in my time, but never one about a fellow team member giving them the jitters.  Really, people, do you actually watch games or do you make it up as you go along to suit your preconceptions and biases?  Hector has been almost complete rubbish for two games; Odoi has at least played on the winning side this season and helped to keep a clean sheet.  If anyone should have had the jitters it should have been Odoi but do you know what? It makes no difference to his game who is he is playing with because although not claiming to be the world's greatest defender he is the consummate professional footballer.

He may be the consummate professional but he's crap. Always seem caught as to whether he's a rb or a cb and goes somewhere in between and leaves players unmarked seems blissfully unaware of whats going on around him.  Look at the Bamford penalty incident he about 2 yards behind the players in the box as he goes to play off side when Hector is infront of him. To me he should have been picking up Bamford and Joe should have been covering Rodriguez coming it at the far post. You shouldnt be leaving players unmarked in the box. The goal where he gets skinned by Bamford, Bamford should have been in the hoardings along with the ball.  He runs up to him and stops at the side of him losing all speed bloody awful defender. Just shoulder barge him and try and get the ball.

Motspur Park

Odoi is not a central defender and the shape was all wrong. However, I don't blame Odoi for that.... it was entirely due to Hector. So much space between the two centre halves and this was down to Hector. A bus could have driven between them and this was the case. Hector going awol for their last goal was the nail in the coffin. That said, a poor partner can disrupt the other half of a central back pairing as the one who knows how to keep shape has to compensate for the other. Bocanegra was a prime example of this. Could never fault him for effort or commitment to the cause but his positional play was poor.

Statto

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 19, 2020, 06:49:58 PM
Hector is the most concerning part of the first 2 games to me. You are absolutely correct about him being all over the place positionally. His failure to win headers off corners has lead directly to 2 goals as well. As a CB that just can't keep happening. The LCB obviously needs upgrading, but the club need Hector to get up to speed quickly with the Premier League or it is going to get ugly I fear.

Agree, I think SP's comments about the flashing red light were aimed at Hector. He has the ability to be decent at this level, at least against poorer teams like Leeds. But at the moment he's playing like he's had a joint just before kick off. Weak, slow and careless. Not sure whether it's fitness, complacency, indifference or anxiety but it needs sorting ASAP.

PaulJ123

It's shocking really, MLM deserved a chance over Odoi if Reams not going to be up to it.

Next week at home to Villa is a must win so we need someone in the early part of this week along with a new winger ideally.

Also, Worcesterwhite as in Worcestershire?