more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playing Odoi left CB is a big cry for help

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 19, 2020, 05:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: PaulJ123 on September 20, 2020, 09:58:05 AM
It's shocking really, MLM deserved a chance over Odoi if Reams not going to be up to it.

Next week at home to Villa is a must win so we need someone in the early part of this week along with a new winger ideally.

Also, Worcesterwhite as in Worcestershire?
Yep From Worcester in Worcestershire

Jimmy Hill

Odoi as centre back was a tactical decision. Parker put players who are ball carriers to counter Leeds man marking tactic (also why cainey didn't play) . I thought this worked well and we broke the lines on numerous occasions. We gave away cheap goals which is frustrating but I think Parker can fix this and I'm confident going into villa that we can get our first points coyw.

alfie

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 19, 2020, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2020, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 19, 2020, 05:26:19 PM
Odoi is a great Championship utility player but no where near good enough for the EPL. Fancy being skimmed on the outside by Bamford of all players. He gave Hector the jitters which is why he had a poor game. CB´s have to have confidence in each other.
Odoi is making all the same mistakes he made when we were last in the Prem two years ago and Hector is all over the place.  Without joking I think we would have been better off keeping Mawson.
I have concerns about Hector, but to be fair for the first goal he did get his head on the ball, unfortunately Reed was in his way, and it bounced off him.

Hector is the most concerning part of the first 2 games to me. You are absolutely correct about him being all over the place positionally. His failure to win headers off corners has lead directly to 2 goals as well. As a CB that just can't keep happening. The LCB obviously needs upgrading, but the club need Hector to get up to speed quickly with the Premier League or it is going to get ugly I fear.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: Nero on September 20, 2020, 09:10:17 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on September 20, 2020, 08:16:45 AM
I have heard some ridiculous excuses for player performances in my time, but never one about a fellow team member giving them the jitters.  Really, people, do you actually watch games or do you make it up as you go along to suit your preconceptions and biases?  Hector has been almost complete rubbish for two games; Odoi has at least played on the winning side this season and helped to keep a clean sheet.  If anyone should have had the jitters it should have been Odoi but do you know what? It makes no difference to his game who is he is playing with because although not claiming to be the world's greatest defender he is the consummate professional footballer.

He may be the consummate professional but he's crap. Always seem caught as to whether he's a rb or a cb and goes somewhere in between and leaves players unmarked seems blissfully unaware of whats going on around him.  Look at the Bamford penalty incident he about 2 yards behind the players in the box as he goes to play off side when Hector is infront of him. To me he should have been picking up Bamford and Joe should have been covering Rodriguez coming it at the far post. You shouldnt be leaving players unmarked in the box. The goal where he gets skinned by Bamford, Bamford should have been in the hoardings along with the ball.  He runs up to him and stops at the side of him losing all speed bloody awful defender. Just shoulder barge him and try and get the ball.
As I said you view the game according to your preconceptions which is obvious from what you write.  I will not counter since I am aware of my preconceptions too.  However your criticism of Denis Odoi is, IMO, odious.

HV71

As I said you view the game according to your preconceptions which is obvious from what you write.  I will not counter since I am aware of my preconceptions too.  However your criticism of Denis Odoi is, IMO, odious.

+1

bobby01

Poor old Denis, absolutely nowhere near the worst player yesterday and still slated, now evidently responsible for hectors poor form. Critique should be on what you see not what you think based on previous bias.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: alfie on September 20, 2020, 10:35:00 AM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 19, 2020, 06:49:58 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on September 19, 2020, 05:39:16 PM
Quote from: grandad on September 19, 2020, 05:26:19 PM
Odoi is a great Championship utility player but no where near good enough for the EPL. Fancy being skimmed on the outside by Bamford of all players. He gave Hector the jitters which is why he had a poor game. CB´s have to have confidence in each other.
Odoi is making all the same mistakes he made when we were last in the Prem two years ago and Hector is all over the place.  Without joking I think we would have been better off keeping Mawson.
I have concerns about Hector, but to be fair for the first goal he did get his head on the ball, unfortunately Reed was in his way, and it bounced off him.

Hector is the most concerning part of the first 2 games to me. You are absolutely correct about him being all over the place positionally. His failure to win headers off corners has lead directly to 2 goals as well. As a CB that just can't keep happening. The LCB obviously needs upgrading, but the club need Hector to get up to speed quickly with the Premier League or it is going to get ugly I fear.

Yes, but a CB really shouldn't be bothered with a 5ft something midfielder on corners. It wasn't like Reed was challenging in the air for it. It did take a great strike to lead to a goal, but the point is that Fulham have to clear their lines this season or goals will happen.

Ream did the same thing last week. The club needs CB's to clear the ball out of their own box. Not turn non scoring chances into scoring chances through poor defending.