watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A lot of Fulham fans are slagging off Hector

Started by The Swan, September 19, 2020, 05:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

I have not seen any of the game yet. It seems as if Hector had a nightmare. Did he miss Tim Ream today.
Hector has always been my star man in our defence  and I always slagged off Ream.
Did Ream make Hector look good.
I do hope that Hector puts this bad game behind him and back to his normal great display.
The Swan

Bassey the warrior

Hector good caught out of position a lot and arguably culpable for two goals. I don't think he's caught up with intensity and speed of the league yet, but I hope he will.

Caedal

He looks completely lost positionally at this level. Numerous defensive errors today, 2 which lead directly to goals.

Worcesterwhite

He messed up a few times, I think tho it's due to him trying to do to much, you have also got to look at what he has around him, a good Cbs partner next to him will make a big difference

Bryanthebroom

The missed header was one thing, but he just appeared to lose all composure/his mind for their third. No idea what he was trying to do.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on September 19, 2020, 05:21:44 PM
He messed up a few times, I think tho it's due to him trying to do to much, you have also got to look at what he has around him, a good Cbs partner next to him will make a big difference

That could also be said for his partners then, maybe they would have looked good if they had someone next to them. Unfortunately Hector were somewhere else, probably high up the pitch.

Btw, this is an exaggeration, I don't think Hector was worse than unsliced bread, just very  poor.

AnOldBrownie

Mike hasn't been dominant since March.    He always seems out of position too often.    Not sure what's causing it.

The Swan

Hector was our best player from January until lockdown. After lockdown he looked a bit off the pace but he recovered to play an excellent part in our run in to the end of season and into the play offs.
I just hope this is him getting up to speed in the Premier League.
We need him playing at the top of his game.
The Swan

JimmyConway

He'll be fine when we play Burnley but the other 36 games he'll be out of his depth in this division.

ALG01

he was very poor and generally showed dreadful decison making. he made the same mistakes as he did against arsenal and that is unforgiveable.

i thought we missed ream today because ream can pass out from the back, neither hector or odoi can although I thought odoi actually had a decent game.

alfie

Hope I'm wrong but beginning to see why he has played for 13 clubs.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Rambler

Quote from: Caedal on September 19, 2020, 05:21:29 PM
He looks completely lost positionally at this level. Numerous defensive errors today, 2 which lead directly to goals.

Agree

toshes mate

Until this season I haven't made reference to Hector in respect of an opinion about him.  My heart wanted him to be good but my head said 'but he hasn't shown anything awesomely promising yet'.  But in two games he has faultered more than Ream did in his one outing.  That is obvious to me.  Now he is playing at a higher level than he has before and so I cut him more slack than I would say Tete who has looked like an excellent prospect (what crosses for Mitro who must feel Xmas has come early!).  Anguissa looks to be improving game by game which is also a good sign.  Lemina not quite such a confidence building debut.  And there lies the difference - Hector still needs to prove himself and at the moment I don't believe he is good enough whereas Denis Odoi shows everyone else up because he does the basics much better than they do and yet people on here don't think he is good enough.  That does my head in it really does.

Arthur

Hands up who wishes we had signed Koch?

Not many on here, I suspect. He doesn't appear to be enough of an upgrade on whom we already have.

And yet I also suspect it would be far easier for us to sign a 'Koch' than someone who will make a notable difference to our defence. And it must be tempting for T.K. to do so and, in the short run, quell the outcry of supporters. But rather like the old saying about feeling hungry after a Chinese meal, the complaint would soon resurface that we had failed to improve our defence.

That the quality of centre back we require seems to be in short supply - and none seem to be on the move just yet - we may have to wait until close to the end of the window to find which one is left over after bigger clubs than us have sorted out their picks - and then still pay top dollar.

davew

No good looking like Virgil Van Dyke with the same laid back attitude and composure, he needs to play like him!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ScalleysDad

Hector made all the errors noted already but for his lazy jog back to his supposed position whilst Leeds got their third from his poor judgement he gets The Plank of the Day award.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on September 19, 2020, 05:23:19 PM
The missed header was one thing, but he just appeared to lose all composure/his mind for their third. No idea what he was trying to do.

The first goal was really Reed's fault. He flailed in the air and Hector's clearing header smacked into Harrison's back. Hector maybe could have attacked it better, but slagging him for that is a little unfair. He had plenty of worse plays to criticize lol

Matt10

Second straight week where Hector is pushing so far high past the halfway line, exposing the remaining defenders to cover for him. It needs to stop.

Deeping_white

The third and fourth goals were laughably bad, worse than Ream ironically

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on September 19, 2020, 06:16:01 PM
Hope I'm wrong but beginning to see why he has played for 13 clubs.

He always seems to start of well at clubs,then goes downhill... Reading and Aberdeen benched him for bad form..Not a premier centre back imo.