watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

derby

Started by ALG01, September 19, 2020, 05:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

I think we can beat their record 11 points in a bad way, i cannot see us getting that many.

last week and today were simply nowhere near good enough.

i am not sure the goalkeeper is better than rodak, but the defence is lamentable. hector went off at the back end of last season, has not improved and has had two massive stinkers ina row in the prem. he made the same mistakes today as he did last week. that is not good enough

in midfield reed works hard but is clearly out of his depth. he shined in the championship but he will not this time, it is just a biot beyond him. onomah is anonymous, how many times did he lose possesion, he is way to slow and ponderous, needs to be on the bench. anguissa was the stand out player but needs to stay more central and get a decent player alongsode him. he remains a player that does not put in the effort of a reed but he clearly shows skill. lemina was dreadful for the short time he was on the pitch, poor passing and caught in possesion.

the front three such as they are? cav is one of the biggest disapointments and see no reason for him to start a game again any time soon, he is very poor. ak, is what he is and today was not his day. kebano... played wellish on the left but as soon as the manager switched him to the right he was a waste of space.

the defence clearly are shambolic as a unit and were constantly on the wrong side of their man.

passing was largely wasteful and uninspiring and we simply failed to get any players into their box until we were 4 1 down, and it made a difference. That is parker's fault. he has been very poor in team selection and tactics IMO. We missed TC today, this was a game made for his style and he should have played, not josh. the TC basing I sometimes see on this board is crazy, he is our mosrt creative player and we desparately need him.

but in the end the biggest problem is the director of football who remains an amiable amateur now playing with the big boys and he cannot hack it. we need more better class players, we simply have too many lightweight championship players on the books and have not brought in better forwards and central defenders.     we see players we should have signed simply going elsewhere. leeds, aston vill newcastle and even aston villa have managed to sign good class players... our DoF has sat like a rabbitt in the headlights, frozen. Until he reliqueshies the role for wich he spectacularly unsuited we will never survive in the prem.

We might get less than derby this time and the double of letting in the most goals. concede=ing 7 goals in two games is not an inspiring start, and we all predicted something like this was bound to happen if we didn't get a centre half and centre forward. TK is to blame 100%.

filham

Two tough matches and no real pre season means that the team, new to the premier league, is finding it's feet.
Give it time, a couple of top class players and we would look a lot better.
Much too early in the season to say we are doomed.

davew

We won´t stay up but to say we will get the worst points total in the PL I think that is a bit over the top, I think we might get 18 points!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 05:37:07 PM
I think we can beat their record 11 points in a bad way, i cannot see us getting that many.

i am not sure the goalkeeper is better than rodak, but the defence is lamentable. hector went off at the back end of last season, has not improved and has had two massive stinkers ina row in the prem. he made the same mistakes today as he did last week. that is not good enough

in midfield reed works hard but is clearly out of his depth. he shined in the championship but he will not this time, it is just a biot beyond him. onomah is anonymous, how many times did he lose possesion, he is way to slow and ponderous, needs to be on the bench. anguissa was the stand out player but needs to stay more central and get a decent player alongsode him. he remains a player that does not put in the effort of a reed but he clearly shows skill. lemina was dreadful for the short time he was on the pitch, poor passing and caught in possesion.

the front three such as they are? cav is one of the biggest disapointments and see no reason for him to start a game again any time soon, he is very poor. ak, is what he is and today was not his day. kebano... played wellish on the left but as soon as the manager switched him to the right he was a waste of space.

the defence clearly are shambolic as a unit and were constantly on the wrong side of their man.

passing was largely wasteful and uninspiring and we simply failed to get any players into their box until we were 4 1 down, and it made a difference. That is parker's fault. he has been very poor in team selection and tactics IMO. We missed TC today, this was a game made for his style and he should have played, not josh. the TC basing I sometimes see on this board is crazy, he is our mosrt creative player and we desparately need him.

but in the end the biggest problem is the director of football who remains an amiable amateur now playing with the big boys and he cannot hack it. we need more better class players, we simply have too many lightweight championship players on the books and have not brought in better forwards and central defenders.     we see players we should have signed simply going elsewhere. leeds, aston vill newcastle and even aston villa have managed to sign good class players... our DoF has sat like a rabbitt in the headlights, frozen. Until he reliqueshies the role for wich he spectacularly unsuited we will never survive in the prem.

We might get less than derby this time and the double of letting in the most goals. concede=ing 7 goals in two games is not an inspiring start, and we all predicted something like this was bound to happen if we didn't get a centre half and centre forward. TK is to blame 100%.

Damn dude, if someone gifted you Buckingham Palace, you'd bitch that Charles left the lid up in the loo.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ALG01

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 19, 2020, 08:17:05 PM

Damn dude, if someone gifted you Buckingham Palace, you'd bitch that Charles left the lid up in the loo.

i have watched football for many years and it is in my blood. I know a car crash when I see one. TK is the whole problem, he has not got a clue and history is repeating but I happen to think this season looks worse than the previous prem effort.

for 5 years we needed proper centre backs and central forwards TK has spectacularly failed to sort that out. However he gets masses of lightweight wingers and central midfielders.

seven goals in two games is pathetic, using the word properly. tony just has to wake up and smell the coffee and step aside if he wants us to suceed. he is a menace.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 08:30:11 PM

i have watched football for many years and it is in my blood. I know a car crash when I see one. TK is the whole problem, he has not got a clue and history is repeating but I happen to think this season looks worse than the previous prem effort.

for 5 years we needed proper centre backs and central forwards TK has spectacularly failed to sort that out. However he gets masses of lightweight wingers and central midfielders.

seven goals in two games is pathetic, using the word properly. tony just has to wake up and smell the coffee and step aside if he wants us to suceed. he is a menace.
[/qu

This from the person who assured us all that we'd be relegated to Div 1 last season.

AnOldBrownie

You're right.  It is.

How about Leeds and West Brom?  How their defenses doing?  Guess their DoF are shite too.

Feel bad for all those teams still in the Championship that obviously have even worse DoF than we do.  I mean, they couldn't even put together squads to beat our crappy DoF 2 out of 3 years.  We all know Norwich must have a horrible DoF since they didn't stay up.   Bournemouth had a decent run in the prem so I guess their DoF is good...even though they fired their good manager.

Oh well.

Finnans Right Peg

What is wrong with so called fans on this forum to say we won't get 11 points after 2 games  :wow:

We will get 3 points next week against villa

ALG01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 09:14:45 PM

You're right.  It is.

How about Leeds and West Brom?  How their defenses doing?  Guess their DoF are shite too.

Feel bad for all those teams still in the Championship that obviously have even worse DoF than we do.  I mean, they couldn't even put together squads to beat our crappy DoF 2 out of 3 years.  We all know Norwich must have a horrible DoF since they didn't stay up.   Bournemouth had a decent run in the prem so I guess their DoF is good...even though they fired their good manager.

Oh well.

different teams have different issues
we have an owner that is rich and willing to invest
his son is our DoF, he would not get an interview anywhere else let alone a job as DoF, that is the issue.
I don't worry about the specific problems of other clubs.

ALG01

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 19, 2020, 09:26:44 PM
What is wrong with so called fans on this forum to say we won't get 11 points after 2 games  :wow:

iw ill tell you what is wrong, the massive disapointment in seeing history replaying
an owner with money, willing to invest and he puts his inexperienced son, that would not get an interview, let alone a job as DoF, in charge.

Villa have made very good investments in the team. that doesn't mean it will click but at least they have addressed the key issues. we have simplay not got proper CBs of the right quality or another forward... and we wouldn't have mitro except for slav taking the initative. that is what is wrong and from what I am seeing parker, who is inecperienced himself, will struggle to get us many points.

disapointment at history repeating. Only two games? that is what was said last time and we failed because of poor recruitment.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 09:28:56 PM

his son is our DoF, he would not get an interview anywhere else let alone a job as DoF, that is the issue.

So how do you measure his success or failure if not by how it compares to his peers?   Just cause you don't like his mannerisms?  The country he was born in?  Because he got his job because his father gave him the keys to the kingdom?

Bringing up how a guy wouldn't have gotten an interview...yet he's doing better than people that WOULD have gotten an interview seems crazy to me.

You're entitled to based your judgement on whatever you like.

I base my judgement on how he's doing compared to his peers.   

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 09:32:56 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 19, 2020, 09:26:44 PM

iw ill tell you what is wrong, the massive disapointment in seeing history replaying
an owner with money, willing to invest and he puts his inexperienced son, that would not get an interview, let alone a job as DoF, in charge.

Villa have made very good investments in the team. that doesn't mean it will click but at least they have addressed the key issues. we have simplay not got proper CBs of the right quality or another forward... and we wouldn't have mitro except for slav taking the initative. that is what is wrong and from what I am seeing parker, who is inecperienced himself, will struggle to get us many points.

disapointment at history repeating. Only two games? that is what was said last time and we failed because of poor recruitment.

I am disappointed by the lack of investment in central defenders too but there us no part of me that thinks we will get less than 11

YankeeJim

Tony is shite becasue he hasn't spent money. I guess two years ago he was brilliant for spending 100 million?

So, he was too dumb to buy the right players and for breaking up a successful team and now he is dumb because he hasn't spent money and broken up the team.

Can't say that the man has much of a chance with you.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 09:38:00 PM

So how do you measure his success or failure if not by how it compares to his peers?   Just cause you don't like his mannerisms?  The country he was born in?  Because he got his job because his father gave him the keys to the kingdom?

Bringing up how a guy wouldn't have gotten an interview...yet he's doing better than people that WOULD have gotten an interview seems crazy to me.

You're using WBA as a comparison of success. It is beyond me that you consider Tony Khan a success. A qualified DoF given the same excellent backing by our owner would likely produce much better results. Conjecture, perhaps, but the idea of another embarrassing, reputation-tarnishing season is a failure to learn from past mistakes. Have you seen how opposition fans view us? Not with any level of respect like under Mo, but as a joke and a waste of space in the EPL.

Tabby

I'll just go ahead and say that surely we'd only get 9 points as 2 of the 11 Derby points were from Fulham.

The Rock

I didn't have time to read war and peace.

We are down with no CB's, but we will get more than 11 points.

I'll give you 3:1 odds, we don't have to tell anyone.

Pm me.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 19, 2020, 10:32:05 PM

You're using WBA as a comparison of success. It is beyond me that you consider Tony Khan a success. A qualified DoF given the same excellent backing by our owner would likely produce much better results. Conjecture, perhaps, but the idea of another embarrassing, reputation-tarnishing season is a failure to learn from past mistakes. Have you seen how opposition fans view us? Not with any level of respect like under Mo, but as a joke and a waste of space in the EPL.
Key word is conjecture. Nothing that will be proven or disproven.  Just people "thinking" it's so.

That's fine I guess.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

70sPimlico

When, as believe we will, turn this around I will reply on this thread. I will get nearly as much pleasure as my team winning as sticking it back down the throat of some of the posters on here.

Tony Khan gets more constant abuse than Bulstrode, Clay and Marler estates.

Cambridge Pete

70's Pimlico makes a good point TK appears to get more flack than any other of our esteemed previous owners. Have any of us real knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors?. Half the Premier teams appear to be looking for good Centre Backs. From what I saw yesterday no doubt we need a better defence, but so far the new guys seem more than adequate and Anguissa looks class, Just those facts lead me to believe that we will do better than Derby.  If we cannot tempt the right standard of CB's to join then we need to adopt a more Roy type of approach and train the players and develop what we have got. The Kahn's appear to have a genuine desire (and investment) in having a thriving club playing in the Prem. TK seems to get the blame for everything. Lets have a bit of positivity some of us old timers have gone through much darker days than today and come out the other end. After all we support Fulham. I would love to see Fulham win something more that the InterToto before I shuffle off but if not I'll still support the club and by association the owners so long asI think they are acting to make the club better.

ALG01

well compared to his peers he is doing a very poor job. TK has massive resource at his disposal and knows his dad will not sack him so he has time to build a team. But  I suspect you are intentionally misrepresenting what I have said and/or implied. when MAF took over he brought in top class profesionals, eg keegan to run the vclub's football afairs, MAF's family were used as sytabilising figure heads. Our new owner has put in place an amateur that has done very poorly based on the years he has been here and the money he has spent. immediate relegation with three managers, four years to get back, then a debacle of another three managers despite spending fortunes and now when we are crying out for centre backs and forwards as we have for several years but T gets us lightweigh wingers and central midfielders. the current squad is not of premiership depth, that is down to him.

if you think he is doing a good job that is your opinion, i think he needs to stand aside if he really ahs our best interests at heart. he can still run the club, biut not football afairs, clough knew that when owners intefered with team matters it would hamper progress, amnd he was correct.

TK has the job soley because of his parentage, not ability. if he was any good everyone would be thrilled but he isn't and if he had a different surname he would have been shown the door some years ago.