watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

CAV

Started by Big T, September 19, 2020, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

What's he done exactly to earn a starting position in our squad 0ver Keebano ? Or even Knockaert,
I don't remember the last time he had a decent game, Am i missing something or what ? If so please fill me in as I'd love to know. 
Other then that we were decent today especially in the 2nd half
Anguissa & Tete both Very impressive
I thought Dennis had a good game too although  I'm sure the haters will disagree 

AnOldBrownie

Since you asked...

He had better attacking stats than any attacker not named Mitro last season.

Personally, I don't care about that because I don't rate him at EPL level.     I think he gives the ball away more than Kebano or Knock, but I also think Cav is the more clinical finisher.  Ball also sticks to his feet way too often...as it does with Knock.

Again...none of our wide players are even as good as Ryan Babel (which should be our lowest bar)...but I digress.

Jamie88

I thought Cav was particularly underwhelming today. Never looks like getting either a goal nor an assist these days. He always seems to take an extra touch and end up Parker-pirouetting when he initially looks to go forward. Found him frustrating to watch today.

fulhamben

agree with all of that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

If we can fit him behind Mitro, he'll be much more dangerous. In the one two combination, that was all down to his speed and quick thinking. He shouldn't be playing on the wings. He's too isolated there, and when he's cut in from the left, he's not pulling the trigger. He scored goals for Wolves when he was playing in the centre. If Scott's going to play him, that's where he needs to be from now on.

Nero

Heard hes got a picture of the Manger with one of the players from last year sister

ALG01

he sarted quite well last season but generally has been poor. i think his stats relate to the begining of last season not the second half... i really do not rate him at all, it may be becaus he looks way to far wide to make an impact. prefer kebano on the left wing

Mince n Tatties

Matt10

Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 08:24:05 PM
he sarted quite well last season but generally has been poor. i think his stats relate to the begining of last season not the second half... i really do not rate him at all, it may be becaus he looks way to far wide to make an impact. prefer kebano on the left wing

That's what I am saying, I think he's in the wrong position. Kebano is taking that LW spot better, so it should be competition between (currently) Cav and BDR for that AMF position.

Big T

I just don't rate him, always try's to cut in and loses the ball, Keebano is 5 times more efficient,
I wouldn't play him behind Mitro either he's a winger no logic in that thought,

FIn my humble opinion Cairney should of started TODAY behind Mitro in place of Onomah with Keebano on the left and either AK Or Knock on the right,
We had enough steel in the midfield with Anguissa & Reed
If Cairney was in form today we could of won as we all know when Cairney plays well Fulham play well

Woolly Mammoth

I don't rate Cavaleiro at all, lazy and a passenger in almost every game he is selected to play. The bloke cannot have a conscience to walk off the pitch knowing he has done very little when he is on it, not a single bead of perspiration on his face, he walks off looking as though he has just come out of the dry cleaners.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

It really is a strange one, how he is selected, even in the middle of last season he seemed to have lost his way. A loan somewhere might revitalise his performance.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Dodgin on September 19, 2020, 09:57:30 PM
It really is a strange one, how he is selected, even in the middle of last season he seemed to have lost his way. A loan somewhere might revitalise his performance.

I was told that is a crazy suggestion.   

Jamie88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2020, 09:28:30 PM
I don't rate Cavaleiro at all, lazy and a passenger in almost every game he is selected to play. The bloke cannot have a conscience to walk off the pitch knowing he has done very little when he is on it, not a single bead of perspiration on his face, he walks off looking as though he has just come out of the dry cleaners.

He has been very poor of late and for me, pretty useless today, but I don't think you can call him lazy. He was always tracking back and didn't stop running. Unfortunately, and much like Knockaert, that don't help much if you do sod all with the ball when its at your feet.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 19, 2020, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 19, 2020, 09:28:30 PM

He has been very poor of late and for me, pretty useless today, but I don't think you can call him lazy. He was always tracking back and didn't stop running. Unfortunately, and much like Knockaert, that don't help much if you do sod all with the ball when its at your feet.

+1 I dont think he's lazy at all, just completely ineffective.

PaulJ123

Should be Kebano LW and Knockaert RW for me.

BDR instead of Onomah to give that bit of pace around Mitro.

BestOfBrede

Well said op
Although I'm not certain Kebano is the answer, but he does give 100%
I've said before that Cav doesn't have what we need but keep being responded to with his assists record is good!
He doesn't make space
He doesn't track back...
When he does, he just gives away a foul (same as Kebano)
When he does get the all he promises much but with little end product
He tries to take on too many
Rarely sees an early pass
Slows the game
Always tries to cut inside

I now see why Wolves let him go

I feel for him because I think he was a good player and I'm not sure why it's changed, although it looks like he could/should lose a few pounds!

clarkey

Cav has been useless all year.

The stats are simply wrong. Versus Arsenal he did zero in the second half and I mean literally zero, see if he touches the ball once.He has not got a scooby.

It is like playing with ten men...except worse because now and again they pass the ball to him and he gives it straight away. What is it with Parker ????  Kebano or Knoc are both 100% better. Cav needs to go ASAP he is worse than nothing.

No goals and no assists when did he last play a hgood game not 2020 that is for sure.Please get rid, he unbalances the team.And is a fatal flaw in Parker's otherwise continuing recovery as a coach.

Denver Fulham

I'm not defending Cav overall, but he helped create the second goal at Wembley. That was ... three matches ago.

FFC In Oz

I know a lot of people don't rate Cav, and it's probably due to the fact he's more of a "luxury" player than we need.

But I thought the one shining light in his performance yesterday was that he at least tried to make something happen and be direct.  That was mainly in the first half when all his mates were content to just knock the ball around sideways and backwards and invite Leeds' high press