more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

CAV

Started by Big T, September 19, 2020, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 20, 2020, 07:33:56 AM
I know a lot of people don't rate Cav, and it's probably due to the fact he's more of a "luxury" player than we need.

But I thought the one shining light in his performance yesterday was that he at least tried to make something happen and be direct.  That was mainly in the first half when all his mates were content to just knock the ball around sideways and backwards and invite Leeds' high press

He's just lost that bit of directness in shooting though. He cut inside multiple times, and waited for the perfect opportunity to shoot. Think he's definitely in his own head right now. I agree though, he did try to make things happen. In addition, he was part of the initial attack that led to the 3rd goal.

https://streamable.com/7poqvi

colinwhite

Lost the ball too many times for me. Ok he tried to make things happen ,but with at least three touches on the ball at every ball contact , was slowing our play down. Our transition to attack often ends up with a backwards pass. Kind of says it all.

rebel

We've signed him, so it's a case of working with any 'strengths' he has. When he first played for us, he scored some goals, cutting inside and shooting. If he was a 'tinned can' everyone knows what that tin contains 'cutting inside and shooting'. He needs to do something different and not what he likes to do, because that just isn't working.   

Twig

Quote from: PaulJ123 on September 19, 2020, 10:17:56 PM
Should be Kebano LW and Knockaert RW for me.

BDR instead of Onomah to give that bit of pace around Mitro.

Agree Kebano L and Knock R. Knock also gives us more defensive cover and god knows we need every scrap we can get.
However I would replace Onomah with TC not BDR. He's got a good strike on him but also offers a calm head when we need one (which is often).

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on September 19, 2020, 08:43:45 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 19, 2020, 08:24:05 PM
he sarted quite well last season but generally has been poor. i think his stats relate to the begining of last season not the second half... i really do not rate him at all, it may be becaus he looks way to far wide to make an impact. prefer kebano on the left wing

That's what I am saying, I think he's in the wrong position. Kebano is taking that LW spot better, so it should be competition between (currently) Cav and BDR for that AMF position.
I think that may be worth a try.  Anguissa's pass to BDR for our second was a well constructed goal allowing the latter time and space to decide where to place his shot.  Cavaleiro does have quality at times but his promise is seldom realised.   With better quality delivery in central midfield we offer much more variation that futile attacks down the wing that come to nothing because our opponents already know the drill.  Tete can change that on the right as we have already seen and so that just leaves his flank partner and the left wing partnership to sort out.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on September 20, 2020, 08:03:44 AM
We've signed him, so it's a case of working with any 'strengths' he has. When he first played for us, he scored some goals, cutting inside and shooting. If he was a 'tinned can' everyone knows what that tin contains 'cutting inside and shooting'. He needs to do something different and not what he likes to do, because that just isn't working.   

Whilst I agree with what you say in theory, it doesn't always work that way.

Everyone for 15 years knew Robben was going to cut inside and shoot.  Knowing what's going to happen and stopping it are two totally different things.

Statto

At the moment the order of quality is

Kamara
>
Reid / Cavaleiro / Kebano
>
Knockaert

As long as the latter isn't starting, I won't be criticising Parker's selection in those positions

Moltobueno

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 10:32:53 AM

Kamara
>
>
Knockaert

As long as the latter isn't starting, I won't be criticising Parker's selection in those positions

Disagree, Kamara has been one of the worst in 2 PL games. Kebano is currently probably best of the rest, Reid had his best game, Knockaert finds himself good shooting spots as Cavaleiro but actually tries to shoot aswell (hopefully soon on target).

Statto

Quote from: Moltobueno on September 20, 2020, 10:55:05 AM
Knockaert finds himself good shooting spots as Cavaleiro but actually tries to shoot aswell (hopefully soon on target).

Knockaert hasn't had a shot on target since 2017. Him "trying to shoot" is not a good thing. He'd be better off passing it. In fact, on basis that it's harder for the opposition to get distance on a throw in than a goal kick, it would actually be better if every time he thought about shooting, he instead just rolled the ball out of play for an opposition throw in at the nearest point.

Bill2

Cav was very poor today and last week. Does the same thing every time gets the ball cut inside runs into traffic then has to do a poor pass or loses the ball. Perhaps if he started to mix it up a bit by going down the outside it might make the defenders have to think. Currently not worth a starting place and maybe dropping him will sharpen him up.

Big T

Kamara
>
>
Knockaert

Please fill me in on what Cav has done in previous games to compare him at the same level as Keebano ?
Knockaert has been far better then Cav and he's been pretty inefficient himself....

AK hasn't been in good form but there's something about him

Keebano has been the inform player out of all the players you've posted but Cav started over him 🤔

Keebano did more in 5 mins then Cav did throughout the whole game
Hitting the post etc..

I just do not understand why Cav started

absenteeism

Mendes has had Tones pants down like many an agent

Sting of the North

Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 08:37:11 PM
Mendes has had Tones pants down like many an agent

This comment, unsurprisingly, reeks of a complete lack of understanding and knowledge about the situation. This was not a situation where we acquired an unknown player with questionable merits. Cav was a well known player who had already excelled at the level we acquired him for, and had made a reasonable contribution for a good team at the level we were aiming for. Based on previous performances the price was not too high, but rather the going rate for a top Championship winger. There was also no obvious risk factors involved such as age or injuries.

Cav also played a big part in us getting back to the PL, even though most of his good  performances came the first third of the Season.

I get that you are on a massive whining streak today, but do you really just have to make stuff up as you go along all the time?

The Rational Fan

Kamara
> Reid / Cavaleiro / Kebano
> Knockaert

I think all these players are decent squad players even the worst of them (possibly Knockaert). My problem is the best of these wingers (possibly Kamara) is nowhere near a quality 90 minute premier league player, with his pace and power he is kind of ok to make up the numbers in a starting XI, but he is nowhere near good enough to be the best winger in a team that stays up. In addition to what we have the squad needs a quality winger that plays 90 miniutes, and the rest of the wingers can rotate two a game.

rebel

You have to look at the teams they excelled in before we signed them, and compare them to the Fulham team they play in now. Cav and Knok played in really good teams, they were attacking teams. Attacking wise we've taken steps backwards, we pass the ball around  very slowly endlessly.

Maidstone Lee

Want to see Kebano starting ahead of Cav until a better winger can be brought in. Cav hasn't been on form for months now.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

filham

he sarted quite well last season but generally has been poor. i think his stats relate to the begining of last season not the second half... i really do not rate him at all, it may be becaus he looks way to far wide to make an impact. prefer kebano on the left wing
Agree.
Those early goals he scored lead us to believe that he was going to be good but we have seen little from him for a long time now. Kebano or even Ried must be in front of him for the wide left position .

fulhamfever

CAV played the ball to Bryan who won the penalty which got us Level that enough is a game changing play.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: filham on September 21, 2020, 09:59:18 AM
Agree.
Those early goals he scored lead us to believe that he was going to be good but we have seen little from him for a long time now. Kebano or even Ried must be in front of him for the wide left position .
Agree with that. Still think we'll bring in a new winger though before the window shuts.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

General

Quote from: fulhamfever on September 21, 2020, 10:17:03 AM
CAV played the ball to Bryan who won the penalty which got us Level that enough is a game changing play.

This - suprised people are putting their blinkers on regarding this. Soft penalty or not, Cav did technically set the opportunity up that saw us score and give us a chance.

According to whoscored he scored 5 goals and made 7 assists for us last season. (12 total)

Knockaert got 3 goals and 4 assists (7)

Bobby scored 6 and got 3 assists (9)

Neeskens got 5 goals and 1 assist (6)

Kamara got 4 goals and 4 assists. (8)

By these stats alone, Cav is our most prolific proven winger during the last season, Reid next, then Kamara, then Knockaert and then Neeskens.

And that is so far proven this season as only Reid and Cav are the only two who've registered for us.