watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thrown under the Bus

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, September 19, 2020, 08:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

I think it'll be difficult for many to blame Scott Parker this season, got us up, new to the Premier League, but, I feel he's been thrown under the bus a bit by Tony Kahn.

Handed a new 3 year deal for his achievements, but, at the same time, hasn't really been supported with the right players.

Yes, we've seen the likes of Lemina come in, Tete, the goalie, with a couple of new contract extensions thrown about, but, I feel he's been let down once again by our DOF.

Some will say the window doesn't close until October, well, that's true, but we've needed centre backs and a supporting striker since the beginning, and guess what, we're still waiting.

Our DOF made a big statement about not making the same mistakes again, however, from I can see, we're making them all over again.

Remember, whilst Scott struggles on and off the pitch this season, there will always be a persistent support by our DOF for a certain AEW wrestling venture, so let's make sure the fingers get pointed in the correct location.

ALG01

TK is 100% the issue.
every manager has his foot shot through by the amateur we have as DoF. He wouldn't get an interview anywhere else let alone a job in any division. his only claim to fame is his father's money that he is happy to waste.

Finnans Right Peg

Tk has done some good things but we have known for a long time we need centre halves and we haven't done a thing about it and thats disgraceful

Nero

TK is not the issue its Parkers tatics we dont defend we dont attack we just pass the ball in the middle of the park, we do nothing we arent attacking gettng players forward like Leeds are. we arent defensicly dogged and hard to break down getting player back behind the ball, like under Hodgson, we just pass and pass then lose it becuase of no movement from the players just stood still then we let the other team who are moving who then run pass us and score.

bobby01

Quote from: Nero on September 19, 2020, 09:57:01 PM
TK is not the issue its Parkers tatics we dont defend we dont attack we just pass the ball in the middle of the park, we do nothing we arent attacking gettng players forward like Leeds are. we arent defensicly dogged and hard to break down getting player back behind the ball, like under Hodgson, we just pass and pass then lose it becuase of no movement from the players just stood still then we let the other team who are moving who then run pass us and score.

Totally agree, all our wingers are accused of being rubbish but it is the system of play that makes them look so bad, they are facing our own goal to collect the ball and when they turn they are totally marked because of our slow build up. At this level teams will just sit around us because they know with all the passes we make going nowhere we will give the ball away, then hit us with speed. Tete comes in crosses the ball Mitro scores twice, knock, cav, Kebano, Reid are playing inverted so there reaction is to cut inside onto their better foot. We really need to stop playing inverted and up the tempo, possession going nowhere will ensure we continue to lose games. Big credit to Parker for getting the attitude better but it style of play that needs changing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Craven Mad

The new signings look good, but we need more. Simple as that.

I'm loathed to attack TK, as he seems like a man emotional guy, but this is a 'spend money to make money' situation.

If we don't spend now, relegation is guaranteed.

KJS

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 19, 2020, 10:56:32 PM
The new signings look good, but we need more. Simple as that.

I'm loathed to attack TK, as he seems like a man emotional guy, but this is a 'spend money to make money' situation.

If we don't spend now, relegation is guaranteed.

That pretty much sums it up 2 CB plus another Striker is what is needed and if the window had shut before games kicked of they would have been here already

toshes mate

Quote from: bobby01 on September 19, 2020, 10:06:11 PM

Totally agree, all our wingers are accused of being rubbish but it is the system of play that makes them look so bad, they are facing our own goal to collect the ball and when they turn they are totally marked because of our slow build up. At this level teams will just sit around us because they know with all the passes we make going nowhere we will give the ball away, then hit us with speed. Tete comes in crosses the ball Mitro scores twice, knock, cav, Kebano, Reid are playing inverted so there reaction is to cut inside onto their better foot. We really need to stop playing inverted and up the tempo, possession going nowhere will ensure we continue to lose games. Big credit to Parker for getting the attitude better but it style of play that needs changing.
I couldn't agree less if I tried and I am one of SP's fiercest critics when I believe he is wrong.  We can argue about team selections all day long but individual coaches support and advise SP and he isn't a stranger to the inconsistencies that thwart or delay observed improvements.  Professional footballers have different mindsets to supporters and different coaches have their methods for dealing with the awkward ones (look at what happened to Kamara as an example).  Jokanovic's methods actually saw individuals improve above expectations but what I don't know is where he got that ability from.  Does Parker have that?  Well, looking at Reed from last season perhaps he does but not on the scale Jokanovic could achieve since Onomah, so significant at Cardiff, hasn't had a good game this season.  Anguissa looked uneven yesterday because the scoreline suddenly went into decline and the reason it happened is because team mates stopped being professional. 

None of the above is about TK.  Parker has what he has been given and like Jokanovic before him has to find solutions.  But Parker also needs to feel his DoF cares enough to meet his needs because otherwise he too will descend to 'what will be'.  I just believe that a better DoF with serious clout and the ability to close deals would help in the process and not hinder it.  TK isn't that guy and if he loves FFC as he says he does he'll do the decent thing and get a seriously good and charismatic professional in to handle the whole recruitment process.  But all that is too late to rectify what has already passed.  Just my feelings on what has been a problem for far too long already.

Twig

Twig

Completely disagree with you. It has been obvious that we have one ageing CB who struggled last time in the Prem (even under different managers) and who won't get better as he gets older. Alongside him we have a CB untested at Prem level. Oh yes and TK loaned out our third CB. So the cupboard is bare, how is that not the fault of our DoF? Yes, it's like throwing SP under the bus. Absolutely.

grandad

How on earth can some blame TK for not signing a CB partner for Hector? How do you know which players he has tried to sign. You can´t just snap your fingers & one will appear.You can lead a horse to water but you can´t make it drink. The Club have always done their recruitment quietly with input from the whole recruitment team. The Khans have invested massively in the Club, hindered by the totally unfair FFP rules.
The problems started in 2010 when MAF had a golden chance to rebuild the squad but he lost interest. Luckily the Khans took us under their wings & have had to build again. They have made mistakes but I trust them to continue running the Club in a financially secure way.
Get off the backs of the Khans & SP. They know what they would like in order to preserve our status but it isn´t always possible to do it at the flick of a switch.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

Quote from: grandad on September 20, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
... it isn´t always possible to do it at the flick of a switch ...
From Summer 2016 to now isn't the flick of a switch.  The flick of a switch is the time equivalent of the amount of real sport you'll see in wrestling ... period.

Statto

How on earth can some blame TK for not signing a CB partner for Hector? How do you know which players he has tried to sign. You can´t just snap your fingers & one will appear.You can lead a horse to water but you can´t make it drink. The Club have always done their recruitment quietly with input from the whole recruitment team. The Khans have invested massively in the Club, hindered by the totally unfair FFP rules.
The problems started in 2010 when MAF had a golden chance to rebuild the squad but he lost interest. Luckily the Khans took us under their wings & have had to build again. They have made mistakes but I trust them to continue running the Club in a financially secure way.
Get off the backs of the Khans & SP. They know what they would like in order to preserve our status but it isn´t always possible to do it at the flick of a switch.

As I said on another thread, both our opponents so far, Leeds and Arsenal, needed a CB this summer and they both managed to bring one in for the start of the season (Koch and Gabriel). So this idea that there aren't enough CBs to go around or it's impossible to sign players until the last few days of the window, is obviously bo11ocks. It's just our transfer team, led by TK, being poor compared to other clubs.

Lighthouse

Hi I am a coach that has been given an extension to my contract. This is because my team have moved up to a higher level. Now we need improvement in some positions but really my job is to do the best I can with what I have. I make suggestions and hopefully I will have the player in the positions I want.

Hi I am responsible for the cash and the transfers. Part of my job is listening to the manager and looking at the computer screen and checking stats. For some time now my team has done very well. I have two promotions. Also one relegation that can be put at my door. In all the time I have been here we have needed strength up the middle of the park. Keeper, centre half and centre forward. In all that time I have been in charge I have bought lots and lots of players with good stats. But arguably only one decent centre half and one decent forward. The forward wasn't entirely down to me either. So I have failed in that department but there is still time to improve. But my history isn't great. I wonder if maybe somebody else could help with these positions?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitestone

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 10:30:25 AM

As I said on another thread, both our opponents so far, Leeds and Arsenal, needed a CB this summer and they both managed to bring one in for the start of the season (Koch and Gabriel). So this idea that there aren't enough CBs to go around or it's impossible to sign players until the last few days of the window, is obviously bo11ocks. It's just our transfer team, led by TK, being poor compared to other clubs.

I'm glad we didn't sign Koch. He looks a complete liability and has already given away two penalties in the opening matches. Leeds aren't exactly keeping clean sheets. The wait for centre backs is frustrating for all but it's so important that the club get it right this time.

Moltobueno

Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 10:42:45 AM
Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 10:30:25 AM

I'm glad we didn't sign Koch. He looks a complete liability and has already given away two penalties in the opening matches. Leeds aren't exactly keeping clean sheets. The wait for centre backs is frustrating for all but it's so important that the club get it right this time.

Likewise, Leeds defence is as bad as ours. Conceded 4 against Pool, and 3 against us (so called already relegated team).

Statto

Koch has an unfortunate name and even more unfortunate face and haircut but he's a German international and relatively young. He's clearly a quality signing. If he doesn't adjust immediately or Biesla can't get the best out of him (surely not because he's the best manager in world football apparently...) then so be it, but their DoF has done his part by bringing the player in and getting him in good time. As it happens I suspect he'll settle in and show his quality as the season progresses. Are people really saying that if he was in our squad right now and fully fit, they'd pick Ream/Odoi/MLM ahead of him? No.

Herbie

Well said.  Sometimes when I read the threads on here it's as though some think it's like playing a computer game where you just click a button and it's done.  Like any multi-million pound business deal, there are so many things that could cause the transaction to fall over, even more so with the level of greed in the modern game. 

I have no doubt that the recruitment team recognise where we need to strengthen, more so than the average Joe fan.  However they also have a duty to run the club responsibly.  The only way to get players in quickly is to throw money at the deal, or take a punt on someone who will then be berated for being a waste of money because his English isn't that great.  Whilst we've all watched a lot of football, I imagine there a very few fans who actually also have insight into what it takes to run a club.  Yes, it would have been great to have brilliant additions come into the club for a reasonable price at the very start of the window.  The reality of that happening, however, is not that easy.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 19, 2020, 09:29:10 PM
Tk has done some good things but we have known for a long time we need centre halves and we haven't done a thing about it and thats disgraceful

This has been an issue since the demise of Hangeland and Hughes.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.