watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thrown under the Bus

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, September 19, 2020, 08:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A top, experienced centre back had to be top of our priority list from before the window opened. Before we blame anyone or anything for leaking goals that need has to be met.

Nero

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 11:35:01 AM
Koch has an unfortunate name and even more unfortunate face and haircut but he's a German international and relatively young. He's clearly a quality signing. If he doesn't adjust immediately or Biesla can't get the best out of him (surely not because he's the best manager in world football apparently...) then so be it, but their DoF has done his part by bringing the player in and getting him in good time. As it happens I suspect he'll settle in and show his quality as the season progresses. Are people really saying that if he was in our squad right now and fully fit, they'd pick Ream/Odoi/MLM ahead of him? No.

After 2 games and given away penalties in each TK would be getting blamed for this useless signing based on stats why did we pay 15m for him hes useless what stats was he looking at. I mean people want Ream stringing up for one missed placed kick.

blingo

There are two problems. One is that as nice a guy as sp is he is not experienced enough for the premiership, secondly, TK is more involved in wrestling than ffc.

Statto

Quote from: Nero on September 20, 2020, 02:10:02 PM
I mean people want Ream stringing up for one missed placed kick.

Not going to argue about Koch because we'll just have to see what happens with the passage of time there. But for the record, people criticise Ream because he's been crap at defending for five years.

SG

Quote from: toshes mate on September 20, 2020, 10:22:45 AM
Quote from: grandad on September 20, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
... it isn´t always possible to do it at the flick of a switch ...
From Summer 2016 to now isn't the flick of a switch.  The flick of a switch is the time equivalent of the amount of real sport you'll see in wrestling ... period.

TK has had 4 seasons to sort this out. His CB signings are a lengthy list of failures. Of course he may pull a rabbit out of the hat before the window closes but we could be comfortably adrift of the pack by then. It seems us and WBA have booked two of the relegation slots already unless there is a rapid improvement in our defensive play.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on September 20, 2020, 11:51:30 AM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 19, 2020, 09:29:10 PM
Tk has done some good things but we have known for a long time we need centre halves and we haven't done a thing about it and thats disgraceful

This has been an issue since the demise of Hangeland and Hughes.

I agree, but nobody cares cause it is all about the now and for some they aren't going to ever shake the Khan's are failing us narrative. Acquiring quality centre backs is hard for a club like Fulham. Who would have even thought Hughes and Hangeland would have done as well as they did? We couldn't even hold on to Chris Smalling before Man Utd came calling.

FulhamStu

Football fans a so fickle it's untrue.  Last January onwards we had a last signed that centre back we had been looking out so.  Many said that if Hector had played all season we would have won the league.

This season is a massive step up, ask WBA, or the 60-70% of clubs that get relegated after winning the play off final.  We need a big upgrade a centre half, rather like the majority of teams.  These centre halves are like hens teeth.   

Fulham are an attractive club for many players, but the best out there will not come to us.  Is anyone giving Tony Khan praise for bringing in Zambo.  He is a players that is attracting the top clubs but many of you said he was crap and a waste of money.

Transfers are extremely difficult, Tete seems like a steal, TK did well to get £25M for Sess plus Onomah, sell Aluco for £7,5 M swap Richards for Malone then sell Malone for £5M and you know there are many more.  He found the money for Mitro etc etc.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 20, 2020, 03:30:49 PM
Football fans a so fickle it's untrue.  Last January onwards we had a last signed that centre back we had been looking out so.  Many said that if Hector had played all season we would have won the league.

This season is a massive step up, ask WBA, or the 60-70% of clubs that get relegated after winning the play off final.  We need a big upgrade a centre half, rather like the majority of teams.  These centre halves are like hens teeth.   

Fulham are an attractive club for many players, but the best out there will not come to us.  Is anyone giving Tony Khan praise for bringing in Zambo.  He is a players that is attracting the top clubs but many of you said he was crap and a waste of money.

Transfers are extremely difficult, Tete seems like a steal, TK did well to get £25M for Sess plus Onomah, sell Aluco for £7,5 M swap Richards for Malone then sell Malone for £5M and you know there are many more.  He found the money for Mitro etc etc.

Very well said. There aren't enough quality centre backs to fit into every 20 premier league teams. And it's hard to plan out long term because Fulham can't keep any really good players. They will leave.

FFC1987

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 20, 2020, 04:06:30 PM

Very well said. There aren't enough quality centre backs to fit into every 20 premier league teams. And it's hard to plan out long term because Fulham can't keep any really good players. They will leave.

I'm not even their biggest supporter, but lets look at Leeds here. I watched Ben White again today, and the guys class. Looked too good for championship, and seemingly good enough for the Prem. Leeds lost this player from their championship winning season, bought in Koch (who I'm not even a big fan of) but he's starting games, had some pre season and has settled in. Arguably helped them to be 3 points in front of us now but the point being, they have found a player quickly, got him in and he's already starting. Why we haven't managed to do that is really beyond me at this point. CB's aren't in short supply, no position is, deals are difficult, I appreciate that, but other clubs have done the business and its accumulating points already. Yesterday, was their for the taking, but we gave away some of the cheapest goals you'll see at any level so winning games will be near on impossible unless we consistently find 3 goals + which is a tall order for us based on form/history.

We went into the window knowing full well, full backs and centre backs were the priority. We're addressed one which is good, but the elephant in the room was always the CB. Then we loan out Mawson without a replacement and we're none the wiser about whose coming in to replace him. I've been fairly quiet about it thus far, but seeing us ship 3 to Arsenal (who I watched yesterday, WestHam made them look bang average, we made them look like top 4!) and 4 to Leeds, which we all saw coming is just a bit difficult to swallow at this point in time.

Moan aside, I'm praying in next 2 days we have a match fit ready CB signing but its a tall ask for all that to happen so I won't hold my breath.

toshes mate

I think you'll find it was Mike Rigg who swapped Richards for Fredericks.  Nothing to do with Malone.

Tabby

Quote from: toshes mate on September 20, 2020, 04:35:15 PM

I think you'll find it was Mike Rigg who swapped Richards for Fredericks.  Nothing to do with Malone.
Odd to swap a player to Cardiff and get a Bristol City player in return while also coincidentally getting a Cardiff player.

Nero

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 20, 2020, 04:28:40 PM

I'm not even their biggest supporter, but lets look at Leeds here. I watched Ben White again today, and the guys class. Looked too good for championship, and seemingly good enough for the Prem. Leeds lost this player from their championship winning season, bought in Koch (who I'm not even a big fan of) but he's starting games, had some pre season and has settled in. Arguably helped them to be 3 points in front of us now but the point being, they have found a player quickly, got him in and he's already starting. Why we haven't managed to do that is really beyond me at this point. CB's aren't in short supply, no position is, deals are difficult, I appreciate that, but other clubs have done the business and its accumulating points already. Yesterday, was their for the taking, but we gave away some of the cheapest goals you'll see at any level so winning games will be near on impossible unless we consistently find 3 goals + which is a tall order for us based on form/history.

We went into the window knowing full well, full backs and centre backs were the priority. We're addressed one which is good, but the elephant in the room was always the CB. Then we loan out Mawson without a replacement and we're none the wiser about whose coming in to replace him. I've been fairly quiet about it thus far, but seeing us ship 3 to Arsenal (who I watched yesterday, WestHam made them look bang average, we made them look like top 4!) and 4 to Leeds, which we all saw coming is just a bit difficult to swallow at this point in time.

Moan aside, I'm praying in next 2 days we have a match fit ready CB signing but its a tall ask for all that to happen so I won't hold my breath.

We loaned out Mawson because he and Parker had a falling out, do you think TK done that off his own back.  I can image if we had brought Kock and he conceded 2 pentalies and let in 7 goals people praising TK for siging such a great player, Tell which CB has been signed by a club this window we could have got? 

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on September 20, 2020, 06:26:45 PM

We loaned out Mawson because he and Parker had a falling out, do you think TK done that off his own back.  I can image if we had brought Kock and he conceded 2 pentalies and let in 7 goals people praising TK for siging such a great player, Tell which CB has been signed by a club this window we could have got?

Thats a bit irrelevant though. You still don't loan out your 20m CB and not replace regardless of personal spats. In regards to Koch, had we brought him in and be with 3 points on the board, we'd be a much happier fan set right now. Could we have signed him? I'm not really sure why you need me to point out another example of a player we 'could' of signed. Maybe we will sign better than Koch (hopefully) but that doesn't refute the point. We haven't signed anyone and we're already 0 for 2 with 7 goals conceded against, dare I say it, not the greatest of teams. You might think this is a TK bashing post but its more about disappointment and potentially wasted opportunities than having some petty dig at TK.

Nero

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 20, 2020, 07:02:03 PM

Thats a bit irrelevant though. You still don't loan out your 20m CB and not replace regardless of personal spats. In regards to Koch, had we brought him in and be with 3 points on the board, we'd be a much happier fan set right now. Could we have signed him? I'm not really sure why you need me to point out another example of a player we 'could' of signed. Maybe we will sign better than Koch (hopefully) but that doesn't refute the point. We haven't signed anyone and we're already 0 for 2 with 7 goals conceded against, dare I say it, not the greatest of teams. You might think this is a TK bashing post but its more about disappointment and potentially wasted opportunities than having some petty dig at TK.

Its not irrelevant though is it if the Manager isnt going to play the player, and says he a bad egg and disrupting the dessing roon, what's the point in him taking up and squard place and wages, Leeds have only got 3 points because Parker cant get a team to defend as a unit because of plodding motionless football where everyone is stood still when they receive the ball which is easy to defend agains. So if we had beat Leeds 4-3 you would be happy with our defense as we had won a game but leak 3 for the second week running. Yes we need a CB but there are bigger issue defensive wise then that.

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on September 20, 2020, 07:36:17 PM

Its not irrelevant though is it if the Manager isnt going to play the player, and says he a bad egg and disrupting the dessing roon, what's the point in him taking up and squard place and wages, Leeds have only got 3 points because Parker cant get a team to defend as a unit because of plodding motionless football where everyone is stood still when they receive the ball which is easy to defend agains. So if we had beat Leeds 4-3 you would be happy with our defense as we had won a game but leak 3 for the second week running. Yes we need a CB but there are bigger issue defensive wise then that.

A lot of conjecture in there. Where does Parker say any of that? I thought I made it clear, had we signed a CB, were 3/6 points and said CB was playing already, I think we'd all be happier no? I think the team look sharper in midfield than we have previously, we look more threatening, and players are passing the ball quicker, so really, the issue with our team is the defence. Not sure how thats even up for debate to be honest.....

alfie

Leeds have 7 goals against them as well, and that's with Koch being signed.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: grandad on September 20, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
How on earth can some blame TK for not signing a CB partner for Hector? How do you know which players he has tried to sign. You can´t just snap your fingers & one will appear.You can lead a horse to water but you can´t make it drink. The Club have always done their recruitment quietly with input from the whole recruitment team. The Khans have invested massively in the Club, hindered by the totally unfair FFP rules.
The problems started in 2010 when MAF had a golden chance to rebuild the squad but he lost interest. Luckily the Khans took us under their wings & have had to build again. They have made mistakes but I trust them to continue running the Club in a financially secure way.
Get off the backs of the Khans & SP. They know what they would like in order to preserve our status but it isn´t always possible to do it at the flick of a switch.

Totally agree, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, why don't the moaners wait until the 5th October to see what we finish up with, after that date the board is yours to say "we told you so"

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on September 20, 2020, 07:40:56 PM

4 of which against last years champions and they have 3 points already though. I thought I was pretty clear about Koch and Leeds frailities but you can hand it to them. They also had a weak spot and identified it quicker than we have and as a result, have something to show for it.

Nero

They have 7 goals against them as we have 3 of our against the current form team in Arsenal. You say Leeds identified it quicker id say no they may have got someone I quicker as they lost Ben White and brought what was available. Is he any good well 7 goals against and given away 2 penalties says no atm. If we had signed him and he did that for us even with 3 points people here would be moaning he a liability another TK stats based signing how did he spend 13m on him hes no better then Ream.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on September 20, 2020, 07:40:56 PM

So it looks like Leeds will be joining us in being relegated then, the question is which one will finish lower.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.