more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan

Started by absenteeism, September 20, 2020, 09:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absenteeism

Defensively he is appalling

Why was he behind bamford and then why did he push him?

Hopefully Antonee Robinson can step up

bog

He is a winger who links up well with Mitro. 'Push' him further forward and bring in Robinson....please. 

092.gif

Riverside

Quote from: bog on September 20, 2020, 09:49:43 AM
He is a winger who links up well with Mitro. 'Push' him further forward and bring in Robinson....please. 

092.gif

As it stands I think Bryan is our best LW .
Though t be fair that is because he does not play inverted .

Dawns scones

Yeah, the push on Bamford was unfortunate, but it was more a result of running into someone at full tilt rather than a naive push.
Personally, I think he's been one of the better performers over two games, and left-back is one position Parker doesn't need to think about.
Now about a new centre-back...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/leeds-united-have-qualities-that-fulham-lack-but-there-are-good-signs-too?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Motspur Park

Quote from: Riverside on September 20, 2020, 10:25:56 AM

092.gif

Nail on head. Parker has to look at the actual success of playing inverted wingers and come to the conclusion that it has not been a success. Okay in theory and may have worked in teams he played in years ago, but for whatever reason it isn't working for us.

Jem

Hero to Zero in how many weeks?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

JimOG

092.gif

Exactly that....now 2 brutish Argentinian/Italian centre backs + Josh King and we have a chance of staying up...wouldn't mind trying Robinson and Bryan down the left since Cav seems to have gone to sleep semi-permanently. Good message though from Parker to Cairney .. no guaranteed places now

SG

Quote from: Jem on September 20, 2020, 11:30:39 AM

Not at all. I said it all last season and again this season his defending is awful. He invites crosses into the box, continually allows players to get the wrong side of him, hence the penalty etc

absenteeism

Quote from: SG on September 20, 2020, 03:30:04 PM

Not at all. I said it all last season and again this season his defending is awful. He invites crosses into the box, continually allows players to get the wrong side of him, hence the penalty etc
Spot on

SG

Neither of our full backs seek to prevent crosses into the box. Obviously they have confidence in our CBs clearing the ball 😂😂

Nero

The real question is why didnt Odoi have him, Joe was covering Rodrigo coming in on the far post but had to leave him to cover Bamford. Odoi was marking space 2 yards behinf the action. Bamford was between the post thats the centre backs area to deal with 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: SG on September 20, 2020, 03:30:04 PM

Agree. Not sure why people aren't seeing his defensive mannerisms (I won't call them errors) that are a part of how he tries to defend. Go back and watch our last Leeds game after the break. Or another game after return from break where big Mike goes in on him for not closing in on his man and preventing the cross (because once that ball is in the air we are shite at keeping it from going in the back of the net).

Joe got a little better after the break...but Antonee is taller, faster and definitely no worse an on ball defender. And he can cross as well.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

RoyTund

We push our full backs on. It's a risk, they get exposed, and we ask a lot of them to get up and down the whole pitch. But it's the only way we get width. Even more reason why we need good CBs

Mr K.Dilkington

092.gif
For the love of god please! Good assistor,not good enough defensively. He encapsulates the modern full back.
We just can't ship goals like 18/19 and he was part of the problem then!
Going forward YES!
Defensively NO! Not if we want to seriously compete. There's no room in this league for sentiment. You're either good enough or you're not. Same goes for Odoi/ream
Foolish ham

filham

092.gif

Did you not notice that against Ipswich he was a late sub and played wide right, an inverted position for him.
Parker does seem obsessed with inverted wide men, he probably has plans for Bryan if he stays with us and Robinson proves capable at left back.
Also noted that Bryan took a right sided corner against Leeds.

Luka

Love Joe for his two goals in the play off final but he makes very poor defensive decisions and he looses possession far to often. Still need convincing he is the real deal I'm afraid.

bog

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 06:31:57 PM

092.gif

Did you not notice that against Ipswich he was a late sub and played wide right, an inverted position for him.
Parker does seem obsessed with inverted wide men, he probably has plans for Bryan if he stays with us and Robinson proves capable at left back.
Also noted that Bryan took a right sided corner against Leeds.
Yes I did.

Jim©

Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 09:46:06 AM
Defensively he is appalling

Why was he behind bamford and then why did he push him?

Hopefully Antonee Robinson can step up

Was never his man to cover. Hand in the back was stupid, but defended crosses pretty well from his side I thought.

Denver Fulham

You all are going to be let down by Robinson if you think he'll be vastly better than Joe. Joe's also had the "pleasure" of playing next to Ream and Odoi. Hardly a situation that makes a fullback look good at this level.

Sure, it would be nice to have vastly better players in all 11 positions, but we're not Man City.