watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 games in ...

Started by colinwhite, September 20, 2020, 09:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Good to be reminded of the quality of players we previously had in the Premier League, Parker certainly has a job on his hands with the present squad,
Absolutely essential we sign that top quality centre back that we have all been crying out for since we were last here.

Tonywa

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 06:09:11 PM
Good to be reminded of the quality of players we previously had in the Premier League, Parker certainly has a job on his hands with the present squad,
Absolutely essential we sign that top quality centre back that we have all been crying out for since we were last here.

And for our first season back I forgot to mention Saha and Boa Morte.  Compare that to the team we've just come up with.

Milo

My early analysis is that we didn't have a strong enough core of players, nor a clear style of play from our Manager, to survive at this level.

Seeing Anguissa play just opens old wounds to be honest! Feels no different to our last attempt.

colinwhite

Milo ,we  have abetter foundation to stand on this time. The core of players we have may not be better (I think it is ) but we now have a workethic ,togetherness and with a bit more genuine quality in d efense will have a stronger base to build on than last time .Time will tell

Woolly Mammoth

We just need to get our first point/points on the board before any of the other teams level with us and get out of the bottom three ASAP, it does wonders for confidence and team spirit.
Then we can build on it, rather than chasing the slipstreams of others which gets more difficult as the season progresses.
Once that window closes shut, we are on our own with who we have, and it will take a massive effort to avoid conceding a record number of goals.
Fight alone will not save us, it will help immensely, but if we cannot keep a clean sheet because we do not have the quality, then we are on a sticky wicket and up the creek without a paddle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I am one of those failing to understand why we have not yet signed a top centre back. We have money, are in the premier league and are a London club with a friendly reputation, who would not want to join us.

Of course it is possible that players would feel more secure with some 18 other premier league clubs and don't want the responsibility of plugging the leakiest defense in the league. Perhaps TK has a difficult task.

ALG01

In business people are entitled to mistakes. To repeat the errors over and over is unforgiveable.
TK has done just that. Being in that position is about getting the job done properly and not waiting till after the deadline to get rid of ruiz or sign hector. It is about getting the right sort of players in early, not waiting until the last mo,ment and saying how hard it all was and how brilliant I am (I know a poster above said the same but it is worth repeating!).

I had hoped against hope that scott worked better with TK and maybe would get somewhere this time , all my optimism has disipated. This season was obviously going to be hard but i had hoped we would have the right sort of players early. I am not sure re-signing players that unbdewhelmed last toime was such a good idea.

alfie

Quote from: ALG01 on September 21, 2020, 03:00:15 PM
In business people are entitled to mistakes. To repeat the errors over and over is unforgiveable.
TK has done just that. Being in that position is about getting the job done properly and not waiting till after the deadline to get rid of ruiz or sign hector. It is about getting the right sort of players in early, not waiting until the last mo,ment and saying how hard it all was and how brilliant I am (I know a poster above said the same but it is worth repeating!).

I had hoped against hope that scott worked better with TK and maybe would get somewhere this time , all my optimism has disipated. This season was obviously going to be hard but i had hoped we would have the right sort of players early. I am not sure re-signing players that unbdewhelmed last toime was such a good idea.
Where are these right sort of players and are they available.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 21, 2020, 09:10:24 AM
We just need to get our first point/points on the board before any of the other teams level with us and get out of the bottom three ASAP, it does wonders for confidence and team spirit.
Then we can build on it, rather than chasing the slipstreams of others which gets more difficult as the season progresses.
Once that window closes shut, we are on our own with who we have, and it will take a massive effort to avoid conceding a record number of goals.
Fight alone will not save us, it will help immensely, but if we cannot keep a clean sheet because we do not have the quality, then we are on a sticky wicket and up the creek without a paddle.
First point/points, hope that happens before my 70th birthday and that is in January.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

clanky

Nice to get some thoughtful balanced views and feel more worried we are letting in early goals as per last time.

Can't believe a thread stating 'we are already down'

2 games in only, it's going to be a Fulham-ish season

I sense we are not an attractive club for many in that anyone joining knows we are going to be relegation favourites and a long season

We all need to keep the faith

ALG01

Quote from: alfie on September 21, 2020, 03:20:12 PM

Oh dear me, are you still at it with such comments?
They have been available for some time. Villa, Newcastle palace  leeds and others have picked them up. we have sat on our hands as usual or signed players that are not entirely oven ready.

a professional team would have players by now.. under maf's profesional team we got, off the top of my head...finnan, horsefield hayles pesci, coleman, symons melville boa saha etc... such players still exist, if you have a proper DoF and we do not.

Nero

Quote from: ALG01 on September 21, 2020, 06:39:47 PM

They have been available for some time. Villa, Newcastle palace  leeds and others have picked them up. we have sat on our hands as usual or signed players that are not entirely oven ready.

a professional team would have players by now.. under maf's profesional team we got, off the top of my head...finnan, horsefield hayles pesci, coleman, symons melville boa saha etc... such players still exist, if you have a proper DoF and we do not.

All signed with no FFP was in place. Leeds haven't signed anyone that's set the world alight. People act on here like we haven't made any signings at all

FFC1987

Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2020, 07:14:22 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on September 21, 2020, 06:39:47 PM

All signed with no FFP was in place. Leeds haven't signed anyone that's set the world alight. People act on here like we haven't made any signings at all

Hmm no we don't. We just act like the biggest area we absolutely needed to invest in, hasn't been done yet. I'm happy with current transfers albeit disappointed in lack of CB. People like myself just aren't pretending like their aren't EPL standard CB's better than Tim Ream available in the market. It's such a poor position to take it's staggering.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on September 21, 2020, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 21, 2020, 09:10:24 AM
First point/points, hope that happens before my 70th birthday and that is in January.

It is going to be tight davew, I am sure you will have plenty of the Vera Lynn in stock to drown your sorrows and celebrate your 70th at the same time.
Will you be blowing out 70 candles all at the same time.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 20, 2020, 03:11:38 PM
I'm just really disappointed like many others that TK hasn't brought in at least 1 starting CB by now. CB has been a major issue for us for a number of years now, the fans can see it and even the pundits who hardly watch can see it as well.

Elephant in the room right there. Nothing else matters besides signing CB's.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rock on September 21, 2020, 09:14:47 PM
I'm just really disappointed like many others that TK hasn't brought in at least 1 starting CB by now. CB has been a major issue for us for a number of years now, the fans can see it and even the pundits who hardly watch can see it as well.

I don't think you are using that expression correctly at all.

Woolly Mammoth

Can we still win the League, if not then is a top six place possible ?

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 22, 2020, 07:50:39 AM
Quote from: The Rock on September 21, 2020, 09:14:47 PM

I don't think you are using that expression correctly at all.

Has that put the Cat amongst the Pigeons ?

Never forget your Roots.