watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

CB, how much will we spend?

Started by South Coast White, September 20, 2020, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

It's difficult to understand how much TK would be willing to spend one new CB, but it's clear as day we need some stability in this area. Will he pay a small price for a non established defender or as I suspect not push the boat out and spend big by making an offer for a quality experienced individual with pedigree who may be coming to the end of his contract.
The latter would make more sence to me, if only to try and stop the wave of goals we will continue to give away as we are all witnessing at present. In addition, if we can plug the gap in this area, surely survival and the money for staying up would go a long way to cover the outlay. Yes I know there are other areas to look at strengthening, another striker immediatly comes to mind, but let's stop leaking goals in the first instance.

FFC In Oz

We need 2 new CBs.

Leeds signed Koch for 12m - lower to mid table Bundesliga clubs are where I would look (players in the Hinteregger/Koch mould).

gang

Denzil Dexter

He just needs to get them in.  Whatever it takes. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Moltobueno

As our ITK from this forum said, we'll probably spend 15M max so I guess if we want a big name, it will be  a loan

South Coast White

It's probably very unlikely but looking at players nearing their contract end dates, there is one world class defender with 9 months remaining. Not a spring chicken by any means but vast experience, even if we can get a loan or a couple of years playing time. SERGIO RAMOS,

fulhamben

Not a lot. The big priced ones wouldn't want to come anyway
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitestone

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 20, 2020, 11:47:47 AM
We need 2 new CBs.

Leeds signed Koch for 12m - lower to mid table Bundesliga clubs are where I would look (players in the Hinteregger/Koch mould).

Koch is awful. Leeds are welcome to him.

It's not necessarily about the price tag more about scouting quality and then selling the club/project to the individual. Those nuggets are out there if you look hard enough.

Andyb

James tarkowski, 50million best money ever spent

fulhamben

Quote from: Andyb on September 20, 2020, 12:12:11 PM
James tarkowski, 50million best money ever spent
he didn't want to go west ham so i doubt we would tempt him.

bigalffc

Yep I am afraid that a top CB would not be easily persuaded to come to us
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Tabby

Quote from: Moltobueno on September 20, 2020, 11:50:09 AM
As our ITK from this forum said, we'll probably spend 15M max so I guess if we want a big name, it will be  a loan

Our ITK said that he'd be surprised if we spent more than £15 million on any of the targets he knew of, other than Florentin Luis. Very different from £15 million being the most we're willing to spend.

filham

The problem gets more difficult by the match as players will look at our record and think it is going to be difficult to look good in that line up .
Parker is quoted, in today's Mail, as saying there is nothing happening at the moment but we are still looking.
The centre back situation has been critical for a long time and I would have thought we had a short list of about ten centre backs and would have been ready to pounce from the day the window opened.

grandad

None of us knows how many CB´s TK has tried to sign. No point in plucking names out of the air & telling TK to sign them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 12:40:58 PM
The problem gets more difficult by the match as players will look at our record and think it is going to be difficult to look good in that line up .
Parker is quoted, in today's Mail, as saying there is nothing happening at the moment but we are still looking.
The centre back situation has been critical for a long time and I would have thought we had a short list of about ten centre backs and would have been ready to pounce from the day the window opened.
that can go both ways though. A half decent center back could easily be thinking that they could improve the back line with ease.

Statto

Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 12:03:41 PM
We need 2 new CBs.

It's not necessarily about the price tag more about scouting quality and then selling the club/project to the individual. Those nuggets are out there if you look hard enough.

Can I just clarify, do we think he's "awful" purely because of the challenge on Bryan yesterday?

Or are there actually some Bundesliga experts on here who are genuinely familiar with the player (and can explain how such an awful player got in the Germany team)?

Just curious...

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 01:25:52 PM
We need 2 new CBs.

Can I just clarify, do we think he's "awful" purely because of the challenge on Bryan yesterday?

Or are there actually some Bundesliga experts on here who are genuinely familiar with the player (and can explain how such an awful player got in the German squad)?

Just curious...

Shkodran Mustafi is a Germany international as well. And he was being dropped for Chambers last season until Chambers got injured.

Koch hasn't looked particularly good to me, but that may change.

Statto

Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 01:29:01 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 01:25:52 PM
We need 2 new CBs.

Or are there actually some Bundesliga experts on here who are genuinely familiar with the player (and can explain how such an awful player got in the German squad)?

Just curious...

Shkodran Mustafi is a Germany international as well. And he was being dropped for Chambers last season until Chambers got injured.

Koch hasn't looked particularly good to me, but that may change.

SM isn't in the German squad now. Koch is. The fact a £35m player like SM loses his place when his from drops or he's not getting first team football just shows the high standard of that team, if anything.

Tabby

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 01:40:38 PM

SM isn't in the German squad now. Koch is. The fact a £35m player like SM loses his place when his from drops or he's not getting first team football just shows the high standard of that team, if anything.

Time will tell, I don't think he has looked good so far. But my point about Mustafi was more that being a Germany international at CB doesn't mean what it used to.

Finnans Right Peg

Would you be happy if we Signed ciaran clark from newcastle