watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

CB, how much will we spend?

Started by South Coast White, September 20, 2020, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
It appears the owners boy is not interested in Fulham FC enough to bend over backwards to bring in Centre Backs assuming he knows what one looks like. Where is Khan Junior, is he in England beavering away to bring in new defenders, or is he three thousand miles away completely oblivious to what is happening here.
Is he at a Cocktail Party for retired wrestlers, running his mouth on how important he is.
Can he find Motspur Park without a Sat Nav, no of course he can't.
Further more if we are still struggling in a couple months time, I wouldn't put it past him to do to Scott what he did to Slavisa. Run a switch blade in his back between the third and fourth rib blaming Scott when it's Khan Juniors incompetence at this level to do his job properly which he cannot.
He should be falling on his own sword rather than blame the manager. If he doesn't give Scott the right tools we are not going to get results. 
TK has inflicted damage on Fulham, in the same way as the Charge of the Light Brigade did to Army recruitment.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Bielsa  would be a reason Koch signed for Leeds  maybe.
Would he have signed for us?

toshes mate

First, analyse the situation. 

We have been looking for good centre backs for a while, and we know TK has a comprehensive database.  What measures have been taken to see who might be interested in coming to FFC no matter what the circumstances are and what would it take (league, cost, wages etc)?  That should all have been done and dusted before the 2019/20 season closed.

Second, analyse why nothing has happened.

We do not know what has happened but we can surmise that either a) nobody from that centre back list wanted to come here, or b) that somebody (bodies) on that list are delaying their answers pursuant to other offers.  In the case of (a) there is a real worry that the DoF (and his team) is not doing his job, and was not prepared properly.  In the case of (b) it is still a worry that the DoF (and his team) cannot attract players to the Club on first approach.

Third, look at history, and kind of put two and two together.   

Watched Tariq Lamptey play for Brighton as a young full back against Newcastle.  Looks a really good prospect who came through the youth set up down the wrong end of Fulham Road.  It just goes to show that sometimes you just have to stick your neck out and hope.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 20, 2020, 01:25:52 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 12:03:41 PM
Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 20, 2020, 11:47:47 AM
We need 2 new CBs.

Leeds signed Koch for 12m - lower to mid table Bundesliga clubs are where I would look (players in the Hinteregger/Koch mould).

Koch is awful. Leeds are welcome to him.

It%u2019s not necessarily about the price tag more about scouting quality and then selling the club/project to the individual. Those nuggets are out there if you look hard enough.

Can I just clarify, do we think he's "awful" purely because of the challenge on Bryan yesterday?

Or are there actually some Bundesliga experts on here who are genuinely familiar with the player (and can explain how such an awful player got in the Germany team)?

Just curious...

I'll say I haven't rated him in the two games I watched him in. Shakey on the ball, defensively lacking in terms of dangerous pockets of space and tracking men and just not really physical/quick enough to cover those lapses. That's solely based on the two games I watched him so wouldn't write him off but just my two cents after watching him twice already this season. Watching White today was liek chalk and cheese in quality in almost every aspect so I'd say Leeds have done well to get him in playing, but they are weaker in that position compared to last year.

He'd still walk into our team though.

AnOldBrownie

£15 million (keeping it within the rumored amount)  Yes, Pounds, not euros.

Hopeful?

Bremor at Torino.   Watched 3 of his games...(including their loss to Fiorentina this weekend)

We've already done business with them in this window, young player with room to get better, good with the ball in the air, strong...decent pace.

Hopefully when we were scouting Aina we were also scouting the LCB he was playing on the left side with.  Bremer would be an improvement on what we currently have, and might be available for under 20 million.

But who knows.. if Torino wants to keep him there is nothing Fulham or TK can do to bring him in, other than grossly overpay.    Same as with any other LCB we may have targeted.

We aren't in control, the selling squad/agent/player is.