https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream Bashers

Started by Enfield, September 20, 2020, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

The Defence is much worse without him.

JimmyConway

But are we much better with him in the team?
No

fulhamben

I don't think odoi was the problem yesterday.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Odoi had a reasonable game yesterday, Hector looked like the weaker centre back. Beginning to look as if Parker can choose any two from three to end up with an equally  weak defense.

Whitestone

The defence was no worse without him. Certainly not an improvement but surely that's not a surprise because his replacement was Odoi who isn't a left CB.

ByTheRiver

Leeds would have made double figures yesterday with Ream playing. Odoi and Tete are the only ones to walk away with any amount (albeit small) of pride yesterday.

Blimey, it really is like a weird cult isn't it?!  :dead horse:

hovewhite

Amazing you want him out ,we are still a shambles defensively and everyone still slags him off!!
Blame the people at the top recruitment,coaches.they are guilty

S.F.Sorrow

Our defence is not worse without Ream. Unfortunately it's not much better either.

I don't think most of the "Ream Bashers" were screaming for Ream to be replaced by Odoi (although I think he did ok against Leeds). Most Fulham supporters wanted a NEW LCB above anything else this season. Not Odoi or MLM.

At this point I don't think there's a huge difference between Ream/Odoi/MLM at LCB to be honest. If MLM has another decent game in the Carabao Cup next week I'd be tempted to start him against Villa. I personally think MLM is a better player than some people give him credit for. He may not be good enough for the PL but he might just be our best option at LCB at the moment. Which pretty much says it all... We desperately need reinforcements.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on September 20, 2020, 01:00:27 PM
Our defence is not worse without Ream. Unfortunately it's not much better either.

I don't think most of the "Ream Bashers" were screaming for Ream to be replaced by Odoi (although I think he did ok against Leeds). Most Fulham supporters wanted a NEW LCB above anything else this season. Not Odoi or MLM.

At this point I don't think there's a huge difference between Ream/Odoi/MLM at LCB to be honest. If MLM has another decent game in the Carabao Cup next week I'd be tempted to start him against Villa. I personally think MLM is a better player than some people give him credit for. He may not be good enough for the PL but he might just be our best option at LCB at the moment. Which pretty much says it all... We desperately need reinforcements.

Great post. Sums the situation up very accurately.

Statto

I think it telling that Ream's fans' arguments in support of him are most compelling when he hasn't played. Had he played yesterday, no doubt he'd have made another couple of comical gaffs leading to us conceding, and no one would credibly be able to defend him.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 12:28:14 PM
Odoi had a reasonable game yesterday, Hector looked like the weaker centre back. Beginning to look as if Parker can choose any two from three to end up with an equally  weak defense.

Agreed. If Hector doesn't improve we could actually end up with Odoi+new LCB as our best option (assuming we get a new LCB). I like Odoi but if a 178cm converted FB is the answer someone must be asking the wrong question. It might work in the Championship but this is the Premier League. We need TWO new CBs and at least one of them should have been here weeks ago.

Matt10

Some of these sides are getting absolutely blasted - and they have quality CBs that we would gladly pick from.

Oh, about Ream? Meh. It's a horse that's been beaten to death here. Parker's system is based on heavy possession, but not at the expense of giving up goals, because dropping the leader in number of passes last year is anti-possession move to me. The goals need to stop leaking, but they're not coming from the LCB role at the moment. Hopefully whatever is going on with Hector gets sorted - and Parker can commit a partner at LCB before we sink further down the table.   

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Enfield on September 20, 2020, 12:08:33 PM
The Defence is much worse without him.

Ream and Cairney were dropped because they lack pace. SP was correct in placing them both on the bench for tactical purposes. If you watched the match yesterday and thought those 2 players would have done well with the high pressing and end to end play, I don't know what to say.