Main Menu

Would you bring back woy?

Started by blingo, September 20, 2020, 01:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Bring him back for what?  As an advisor to Parker? As a General Manager? Doesn't seem any point. What we lack is not a good coach or manager but a decent recruiting system.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I think Roy could work maybe work , with his system -of  rigorous rehearsing of defensive roles in training, and he'd definitely make sure we had sound cb's, but his system with  defence starting from  the forwards, like Zamora, might help our existing  defenders.

But he's at Palace, and is in his 70's, so it's not realistic that he will return -he probably thinks that keeping Palace up is hard enough anyway!

But I think Parker is a good manager too, and has probably learnt a lot from watching Roy's teams, as well as the managers he's worked, as player and coach.
Could anyone else do better with the existing Fulham team? maybe Parker accomplishes more with them them than most could. Roy had better players overall when he was at Fulham, i think.

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 20, 2020, 02:33:38 PM
Bring him back for what?  As an advisor to Parker? As a General Manager? Doesn't seem any point. What we lack is not a good coach or manager but a decent recruiting system.

You have buried your head in the sand, are you sure you're not Ostrich Watch in disguise?

absenteeism

Why mock his speech impediment?

Roy is a Fulham legend

BestOfBrede

I'd get Ray Lewis back to assist Scott but not Roy.
Nothing other than age in saying that.

sunburywhite

It would be marvellous to have Roy coaching SP
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ScalleysDad

filham

Yes as Director of Football but the coaching future is with Parker.

ron

The essence of Roy was drill drill drill.......which created the Thames Barrier. We won't get Roy again, but developing that aspect of his coaching would allow Parker to turn our bunch of defending strangers into a cohesive and effective unit, as it has been with past groups of players.

Bassey the warrior

Show him a bit of respect, no need to take the mickey out of his speech impediment.

In answer to the question, I don't think bringing back a manager in the twilight of his career is a wise move.

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

rebel

Quote from: ron on September 21, 2020, 10:26:57 AM
The essence of Roy was drill drill drill.......which created the Thames Barrier. We won't get Roy again, but developing that aspect of his coaching would allow Parker to turn our bunch of defending strangers into a cohesive and effective unit, as it has been with past groups of players.

Agree 100%. That was something that as soon as Roy left was never maintained / developed, we just lost it. We should bring Brede back as a defensive coach.

Jay

If only, great memories. Not gonna happen, palace is gotta be his last club before a nice retirement.