watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds

Started by Edinburgh White, September 20, 2020, 05:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edinburgh White

Can't fathom why we're seen by the media as firm favourites for relegation after 2 games while Leeds (who have conceded exactly the same number of goals as us) are seen as "a breath of fresh air"

Tabby

Current crop of pundits grew up when Leeds were good.

alfie

Quote from: Edinburgh White on September 20, 2020, 05:21:14 PM
Can't fathom why we're seen by the media as firm favourites for relegation after 2 games while Leeds (who have conceded exactly the same number of goals as us) are seen as "a breath of fresh air"
I guess it's because they have won 1 game and scored more than us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nero

I guess that it becuase they attack get people into the box and score goals why we just plod it about in midfield not crossing it into the box to our only player in there thats good with his head until we are 3 goals down

SP

SKY reporting they've got a CB in their sights valued around £17m.

Nero

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2020, 05:33:05 PM

Hope its Odoi

bencher

Quote from: Nero on September 22, 2020, 05:45:16 PM

Hope its Odoi

Afraid not; it's MLM

bobbo

Just the heading --------- are better than us.

As much as it grinds me to say it , but it's true.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ex-Pat

They won't go down and we won't get out of the bottom three.

Dragoman

It's probably one we've been linked with.

Statto

Could be this guy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8702037/Leeds-United-set-sign-Dinamo-Zagreb-centre-Josko-Gvardiol-17m.html

£17m for an 18 year old... that would be one hell of a statement

If they sign their second CB before we even sign one, that pretty much tells you why we're predicted to go down and they're not. Nothing to do with us coming up through the play-offs or having a young manager. Everything to do with being notoriously poor in the transfer market.

Samsara

They have scored 7 goals in 2 games.

Tabby

They're signing Diego Llorente. You may recall the name from back when we were linked with him.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Samsara on September 22, 2020, 07:56:32 PM

For some context, they have scored 7 goals out of 10 shots on goal. They have not created much, just been incredibly efficient. That is not sustainable.

I suggest listening to Bielsa's post game press conference, as he is refreshingly honest and clearly under no pretence that Leeds have had a good start playing wise. Also interesting comments on Mitro, for those that sometimes question his contributions.

bobbo

Statto your comments are right on the money,👍
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jay

Marcelo Bielsa being a legend.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on September 22, 2020, 09:44:38 PM
Statto your comments are right on the money,👍

Spot on and accurate ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Noone could argue that we haven't had recruitment  problems, and  the lack of dcent cbs  brought in is glaringly obvious, and very frustrating for fans,for whatever reason, but the name Bielsa must attract good players to the club, and also Leeds with their history, now touted by the media for success again.

But I don't think they are that good, and will be found out.

But they're bound to do better than us, most will say.

But against all reason, I'm going to say - stuff leeds,  we will bring in  cb's and Parker and the team will show the so and so's.
We are Fulham, stuff  Leeds.

COYW
049:gif

itombomb

Bielsa is great tbf, and the movement and workrate in that team is tremendous.

But the reason they didn't walk away with the Championship last year is that their players aren't actually that good and that is the same reason they will be towards the bottom this season.

Samsara

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 22, 2020, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: Samsara on September 22, 2020, 07:56:32 PM

For some context, they have scored 7 goals out of 10 shots on goal. They have not created much, just been incredibly efficient. That is not sustainable.

I suggest listening to Bielsa's post game press conference, as he is refreshingly honest and clearly under no pretence that Leeds have had a good start playing wise. Also interesting comments on Mitro, for those that sometimes question his contributions.

Who's questioning Mitro's contributions?