Main Menu

Mawson

Started by ByTheRiver, September 20, 2020, 05:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 20, 2020, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
Parker's arrogance has cost him a good centre half.

Who knew the solution was right under our nose

Did you watch much of Mawson when he played for us?

There are issues around Mawson's departure that we as supporters aren't fully aware of. If rumours are to believed there has been a falling out with Parker which is disappointing because Mawson is a proven LCB in the Premier League who was at one stage called up by Gareth Southgate for England duty, so he can't be as hopeless as some believe and I was a Luton on Boxing Day when he had a shocker so I can understand why there are concerns.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to understand the circumstances of his departure in more detail, particularly as an injury free Mawson would be a shoe in for the LCB spot currently on the basis that Ream, Odoi and Le Marchand clearly aren't anywhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Now I know there are doubters about Mawson just as there were and probably still are about Anguissa, although I can't imagine why after yesterday. Mawson's injury situation historically has blighted his career at Fulham so far but he's still the best LCB on the books IMO.

Hoping the club resolve this long standing problem ASAP.

I actually like Mawson and have defended him but his performances let us down big time. Being owned by David Nugent a good example......I've also defended the fact hes left without a sign of a replacement immediately which is a concern. But I can't help but think right now, he's not the answer.

Whitestone

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 20, 2020, 07:45:39 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on September 20, 2020, 07:32:34 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 20, 2020, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 06:56:22 PM
Parker's arrogance has cost him a good centre half.

Who knew the solution was right under our nose

Did you watch much of Mawson when he played for us?

There are issues around Mawson's departure that we as supporters aren't fully aware of. If rumours are to believed there has been a falling out with Parker which is disappointing because Mawson is a proven LCB in the Premier League who was at one stage called up by Gareth Southgate for England duty, so he can't be as hopeless as some believe and I was a Luton on Boxing Day when he had a shocker so I can understand why there are concerns.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to understand the circumstances of his departure in more detail, particularly as an injury free Mawson would be a shoe in for the LCB spot currently on the basis that Ream, Odoi and Le Marchand clearly aren't anywhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Now I know there are doubters about Mawson just as there were and probably still are about Anguissa, although I can't imagine why after yesterday. Mawson's injury situation historically has blighted his career at Fulham so far but he's still the best LCB on the books IMO.

Hoping the club resolve this long standing problem ASAP.

I actually like Mawson and have defended him but his performances let us down big time. Being owned by David Nugent a good example......I've also defended the fact hes left without a sign of a replacement immediately which is a concern. But I can't help but think right now, he's not the answer.

He's definitely not the answer because he's at Bristol City now but he potentially could have been, at least short term, if there weren't these side issues that might have been the reason he was moved on. That's the way it seems without clarification. Maybe someone in the know could clear this up ?

NJFulham

Mawson got loaned out because he was the 5th CB.

We Are Premier League

Well...if we break the Derby record on the way down, then he can return and play for our new manager in the championship...

But let's hope it never comes to that!

Bocanegra

At the end of the day we all know Mawson is incredibly injury prone and didn't quite cut it for us. Whether that be down to playing on the right side, being partnered with Ream or another factor, we will likely never know.

However, it is simply ridiculous to loan him out with no one brought in, only for us to playing Dennis loving Odoi at CB.

We will probably be relying on Dennis to plug a hole in this team 5 years from now.

Herbie

I get the feeling something happened behind the scenes with Mawson.  He didn't need to go for us to cut numbers and everyone knows we need strength at CB, so letting him go before we have a deal lined up says to me that something else was going on.