News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Domestic transfer window rumours...(and Cavaleiro)

Started by We Are Premier League, October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Anyone coming our way?  Cantwell, Buendia, Dawson, Capoue, Gray, Hughes, Welbeck, Deeney, Osayi-Samuel, Kongolo, Grant, Benrahma, Lerma, King, Brooks etc.

Or heading for the exit? McD, Fabri, Johansen, MLM, Ream, Odoi, Knockaert etc.

RaySmith

Cantwell or Benrahma, or anyone who can score goals, would be good

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I like both Cantrell and Benrahma. Both the entry and exit doors could be swinging from their hinges this week if Fulham take the trouble to read my emails.
No tumbleweed blowing around MP this week as their could be more traffic passing through both ways.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Grant for me, to play alongside or as an alternative to Mitro.

JimOG

Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM
Anyone coming our way?  Cantwell, Buendia, Dawson, Capoue, Gray, Hughes, Welbeck, Deeney, Osayi-Samuel, Kongolo, Grant, Benrahma, Lerma, King, Brooks etc.

Given we are at high risk of relegation and the consequent probable shedding of loanees such as Anderson, I think acquiring Kongolo would be a very good investment for the future. I also think the addition of Josh King would give us a real chance of staying up. Watching Abou miss that sitter at Wolves reinforced the fact that we have no other striker. King/Mitro/RLC and we could score enough to be safe

Classic94

Any of King, Grant, Brooks, Benrahma, Cantwell or Buendia would improve us going forward. My preference would be King given his PL pedigree.

Sounds like we need to trim our squad by 4? I can see KMac, StefJo and Knockaert being offloaded. Possibly one of Ream, Odoi or MLM too.

Bronaldinho

I think as someone said - we have a big squad now, so we need to get rid of people already.

Fabri
Knockaert
McDonald
Johansen

Just so we have a full squad, and no one unregistered.

Unless a big offer for Cav/Knock comes in I can't see them leaving.

Would love to see us get another from the Champ, especially some of the names mentioned already.

But looks like we have to cut the fat somehow.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Classic94 on October 06, 2020, 09:16:47 AM
Any of King, Grant, Brooks, Benrahma, Cantwell or Buendia would improve us going forward. My preference would be King given his PL pedigree.

Sounds like we need to trim our squad by 4? I can see KMac, StefJo and Knockaert being offloaded. Possibly one of Ream, Odoi or MLM too.
Really cannot see us bringing in another midfielder and Kongolo is probably now surplus to requirements with Andersen, Adarabioyo, Hector, Ream, MLM and Odoi in play for 2-3 starting roles.
I think Knockaert and Cavaleiro potential loan candidates, not sale. Stefjo and Kmac will be gone this week.
I can see us shelling out for one striker, quick like King, he really is what we need but not sure he wants to warm the bench or be limited to last 20 minutes of every other game.
Quark, strangeness and charm

PaulJ123

Benrahma, King, Cantwell would all be useful

Cant see Benrahma joining us though. And I think Cantwell rates himself extremely highly.

Bronaldinho

Welbeck is a free agent now.

Started to hit form / got some playing time at Watford towards end of last season.

As backup to Mitrovic it wouldn't be the worst deal by any means - 1 year deal would suit all parties.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bocanegra

Quote from: JimOG on October 06, 2020, 09:09:16 AM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Given we are at high risk of relegation and the consequent probable shedding of loanees such as Anderson, I think acquiring Kongolo would be a very good investment for the future. I also think the addition of Josh King would give us a real chance of staying up. Watching Abou miss that sitter at Wolves reinforced the fact that we have no other striker. King/Mitro/RLC and we could score enough to be safe

Think we can hold off on Kongolo till January. Will be able to evaluate how we look, if we still need a CB, and if his fitness has improved.

Think he has failed 2 medicals this summer so unlikely that we would miss out if we don't get him now.

Huxley

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 06, 2020, 11:13:04 AM
Welbeck is a free agent now.

Started to hit form / got some playing time at Watford towards end of last season.

As backup to Mitrovic it wouldn't be the worst deal by any means - 1 year deal would suit all parties.

My thoughts exactly. Has a good chance for game time out wide, or stand in for Mitro. He will have been paid out by Watford, so wouldn't need to be earning Mega money for a year or so.

Huxley

Would be a decent team fro the championship... rather attacking... Cantwell, Buendia, Dawson, Capoue, Gray, Hughes, Welbeck, Deeney, Osayi-Samuel, Kongolo, Grant, Benrahma, Lerma, King, Brooks. McD, Fabri, Johansen, MLM, Ream, Odoi, Knockaert.

Craven Mad

Welbeck is a bit of a sicknote, but offers great Prem experience and is a real threat when he plays. Easily an upgrade on what we have.

My other favoured signing would be Buendia (apparently available for £10m). With Lookman on the left, Buendia on the right and Mitro in the middle, I think we'd be well placed in attack.

Jimmy Hill

HillingdonFFC

Bright Osayi-Samuel & Karlan Grant please

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2020, 12:55:04 PM
Welbeck is a bit of a sicknote, but offers great Prem experience and is a real threat when he plays. Easily an upgrade on what we have.

My other favoured signing would be Buendia (apparently available for £10m). With Lookman on the left, Buendia on the right and Mitro in the middle, I think we'd be well placed in attack.

Isn't Buendia more of a 10?  Didn't think he was a typical wide player

AnOldBrownie

Already moved Karlan Grant into my most wanted.

He can play on the left and shift during a game with Mitro going out wide and zGrant sliding into the #9 spot.

Still under 25...less expensive than Benrahma...fast...strong...and scored 19 goals last season on a poor Huddersfield side.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Craven Mad

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 06, 2020, 06:12:41 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2020, 12:55:04 PM

Isn't Buendia more of a 10?  Didn't think he was a typical wide player

Buendia definitely plays out wide and is not a 10.

He often makes runs inside though, so isnt a typical 'touch line' winger.

filham

Quote from: Bronaldinho on October 06, 2020, 09:28:36 AM
I think as someone said - we have a big squad now, so we need to get rid of people already.

Fabri
Knockaert
McDonald
Johansen

Just so we have a full squad, and no one unregistered.

Unless a big offer for Cav/Knock comes in I can't see them leaving.

Would love to see us get another from the Champ, especially some of the names mentioned already.

But looks like we have to cut the fat somehow.
Yes, we seem to have too many players and this could present a problem for Parker, without minutes on the pitch some players are going to be discontent,
I would expect K Mac, and Johansen to be looking for a new home. There could be a problem with Knock. and Cav who only recently signe a new contract but havn't performed well for some time now.