News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Domestic transfer window rumours...(and Cavaleiro)

Started by We Are Premier League, October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

sarnian

We have enough players who can play wide, what we need is another goal scoring centre forward so we can play 2 up top if required.

Asotosyios

I think we should focus on trimming down the squad and leave any reenforcements for January.

Fabri to stay as backup/third choice keeper, McDonald free to go and MLM, Knockaert and one of Seri/Johansen/Onomah to go out on loan.

Matt10

Quote from: sarnian on October 06, 2020, 06:57:33 PM
We have enough players who can play wide, what we need is another goal scoring centre forward so we can play 2 up top if required.

Forest fired their coach, maybe we should try to grab Lyle Taylor - although that'd leave them with only two forwards.

bobby01

Quote from: Matt10 on October 06, 2020, 07:34:12 PM

Forest fired their coach, maybe we should try to grab Lyle Taylor - although that'd leave them with only two forwards.

The Taylor who refused to play for Charlton in their relegation fight in case he got hurt before a move?
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnOldBrownie

Grant can do both.   And has AK47 pace to stretch defenses when we want to do that.

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fcfulham55 on October 06, 2020, 06:49:36 PM
Woodrow from Barnsley.

I'd still have him back. Big soft spot for Cauley - decent worker

MickyAdamsFamily

The loan-out player I haven't seen mentioned here is Seri. I wonder if keeping StefJo and loaning out Seri might be the better option? I also have to imagine they're trying to loan out Fabri just to get him some playing time if nothing else. We have youngsters to be 3rd keeper, and we could put in some kind of emergency injury recall clause in the loan...

We Are Premier League

Would you swap Fabri, Seri and Knockaert for Kongolo and Grant?

We Are Premier League

I think Cantwell, Capoue, Kongolo are the most realistic and useful domestic options...would love king but it sounds like he is on his way to Villa and Grant to WBA. We just need to wrap Mitro in bubble wrap until the jan window opens...

RoyTund

Quote from: Craven Mad on October 06, 2020, 07:49:53 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on October 06, 2020, 06:49:36 PM
Woodrow from Barnsley.

I'd still have him back. Big soft spot for Cauley - decent worker

WBA supposedly interested

The Rational Fan

Its crazy to considering naming a squad with only two "full age goalkeepers", because if one is injuried, then you still have two in the matchday squad. You could swap Fabri with another keeper in the championship for a fee, but frankly the fee probably isn't worth the effort. Youngster Wickham is years away from being good enough to play premier league, probably five years away from matching Rodak assuming he develops well.

hongkongfulham

I like the sound of Welbeck. Probably wont expect to start amd has played in the top flight for ages. Wouldn't rely on him for goals buy over all influence should be a net positive

Tabby

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 06, 2020, 10:09:33 PM
The loan-out player I haven't seen mentioned here is Seri. I wonder if keeping StefJo and loaning out Seri might be the better option? I also have to imagine they're trying to loan out Fabri just to get him some playing time if nothing else. We have youngsters to be 3rd keeper, and we could put in some kind of emergency injury recall clause in the loan...

I doubt Seri would be open to being loaned out to the Championship. Johansen has been loaned there before however, and will want to be playing to keep in the national team.

Given Parker's comments about having "two good keepers" I assume we're trying to move Fabri somewhere.

AnOldBrownie

Good Benrahma article.

For his asking price...he's going to have to work much harder in the Prem, and it might hamper his natural scoring/passing ability.   IMO  Karlan Grant would be more affordable and a better piece of the puzzle.

QuoteIn large part, the wavering inevitably stems from Brentford's asking price, a figure of £25m that immediately wards off clubs with any lingering doubts. The Independent has also been told that the 25-year-old's expected salary has been considered prohibitive by some, with Crystal Palace currently one of the few Premier League sides to have retained a firm interest.

But the reasoning is not quite as blunt as balance sheets alone. In a precarious and increasingly volatile transfer market, Benrahma is no longer viewed as an expensive risk, but an extravagance. The calibre of player who embodies the attractive and progressive style of play clubs aspire towards, but dare not whole-heartedly pursue for fear of replicating Norwich's brusque relegation last season. When pageantry supersedes pragmatism, the compliments are almost always outweighed by the casualties.

Karlan Grant, on the other hand... is younger...still improving...can play out wide or in the #9 spot, and is half the price.   :003:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Tabby on October 07, 2020, 06:04:03 AM
Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 06, 2020, 10:09:33 PM

I doubt Seri would be open to being loaned out to the Championship. Johansen has been loaned there before however, and will want to be playing to keep in the national team.

Given Parker's comments about having "two good keepers" I assume we're trying to move Fabri somewhere.

Fabri is too good to be our third choice keeper, but we will still have a 3rd choice keeper in the squad of 25 surely.

AnOldBrownie

So conflicted.

We have enough money to sign either Grant or Benrahma.     Benrahma is exclusively a winger, but not a #9...    Love Benrahma's goal scoring ability and I think it'd translate better to the EPL than Grant...yet Grant can definitely be our backup #9 yet get every game play time on the left wing.

Benrahma on the left instead of Joe Bryan though...that would look lovely.   

And yes. We can afford Benrahma.   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 07, 2020, 07:17:44 AM
So conflicted. We have enough money to sign either Grant or Benrahma.     Benrahma is exclusively a winger, but not a #9...    Love Benrahma's goal scoring ability and I think it'd translate better to the EPL than Grant...yet Grant can definitely be our backup #9 yet get every game play time on the left wing.

Benrahma on the left instead of Joe Bryan though...that would look lovely.  And yes. We can afford Benrahma.

Karlan Grant is cheaper, younger, more vesatile and will play in the championship again. We need a second centre-forward that can also play on the wing whether in the premier league or championship. We don't need Benrahma in the Championship (we have Cav, Kebano and Reid as LWs), so does it make sense to sign a player on four year deal, we might get rid of in a year.