News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Domestic transfer window rumours...(and Cavaleiro)

Started by We Are Premier League, October 06, 2020, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

King or Grant and a bonus Benrahma would finish it off nicely and the final pieces of the jigsaw, at least one of them surely, otherwise I will be a little disappointed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Count Flapula

A front 3 of Mitro, Josh King and Lookman would have a great mixture of goals, strength, pace and skill (for when we play 3 across the front) - plus a proven backup no.9 to Mitro in King if Mitro is injured. That 3 have a really good balance and also proven at Prem level - I really hope we go in for King for those reasons.

Etienne Capoue would also be a class option for DM, but if we are only to bring in 1 for me it would be King.

Denzil Dexter

Josh King was evens to join us on deadline day but now we're behind Everton and West Ham in the running. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 07, 2020, 07:58:06 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 07, 2020, 07:17:44 AM
So conflicted. We have enough money to sign either Grant or Benrahma.     Benrahma is exclusively a winger, but not a #9...    Love Benrahma's goal scoring ability and I think it'd translate better to the EPL than Grant...yet Grant can definitely be our backup #9 yet get every game play time on the left wing.

Benrahma on the left instead of Joe Bryan though...that would look lovely.  And yes. We can afford Benrahma.

Karlan Grant is cheaper, younger, more vesatile and will play in the championship again. We need a second centre-forward that can also play on the wing whether in the premier league or championship. We don't need Benrahma in the Championship (we have Cav, Kebano and Reid as LWs), so does it make sense to sign a player on four year deal, we might get rid of in a year.

Karlan is my first choice.

If we go back down odds are we won't have Mitro, but it'd be nice to have someone that could shift from the left immediately to the #9 spot.    Like you said, we have championship level wingers already.

But for this season, I also think Grant would be ok starting out wide for the majority of the season.

MickyAdamsFamily

I agree about Karlan Grant. He's considerably younger than King, and would have more possibility for growing into a more valuable player, whereas King will probably go down in value. Whereas Grant scored a lot of goals for an awful Huddersfield side this past season, we're hoping King can recreate his form of a couple years ago. Also, Grant can play either on the wing, as a second striker next to Mitro, or as a lone central striker.

karldutton

Any news then on any possible signings yet?

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 08, 2020, 01:52:17 AM
I agree about Karlan Grant. He's considerably younger than King, and would have more possibility for growing into a more valuable player, whereas King will probably go down in value. Whereas Grant scored a lot of goals for an awful Huddersfield side this past season, we're hoping King can recreate his form of a couple years ago. Also, Grant can play either on the wing, as a second striker next to Mitro, or as a lone central striker.
West Brom are making all the noise about Grant. The lads from London. Came from Charlton so imagine he knows Lookman.  He ticks all the boxes for us. 

MickyAdamsFamily

Think TK ever scans this board?
Tony, get on it!!!
He's probably had a lot of conversations and negotiations with Huddersfield in the lengthy Kongolo saga; I hope he hasn't burnt any bridges there if we want to come in for Grant

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 08, 2020, 02:10:49 AM
Tony, get on it!!!
He's probably had a lot of conversations and negotiations with Huddersfield in the lengthy Kongolo saga; I hope he hasn't burnt any bridges there if we want to come in for Grant
Maybe we'll go for a Huddersfield double and send them a couple the other way. I'm sure the Kongolo deal still isn't dead.

@jolslover

I'd love a couple from Cantwell, Benrahma, King, Kongolo or Sarr

All quality players that would start for us (with the exception of Kongolo perhaps)
STH H3

rebel

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on October 08, 2020, 02:15:26 AM
Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on October 08, 2020, 02:10:49 AM
Tony, get on it!!!
Maybe we'll go for a Huddersfield double and send them a couple the other way. I'm sure the Kongolo deal still isn't dead.

Sheff Utd were interested in Kongolo, but there was an issue regards the injury he had. He had 'metal plates' or something put into his foot.

WestSussexWhite

Josh King has said he will only leave to a. Club where he will he starting number 9, as that's the position he wants to play. Therefore I cannot see him agreeing to come to us, we need to sign someone like Welbecj or Buendia. A winger that can play up front really

Whitestone

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 08, 2020, 08:41:05 AM
Josh King has said he will only leave to a. Club where he will he starting number 9, as that's the position he wants to play. Therefore I cannot see him agreeing to come to us, we need to sign someone like Welbecj or Buendia. A winger that can play up front really

If that's the case it's unlikely that he'll get a move back to the Premier League. I think he might have to review his ambitions. No club will give him that assurance. Wherever he goes he'll be fighting for his place.

junior white

Quote from: @jolslover on October 08, 2020, 08:31:51 AM
I'd love a couple from Cantwell, Benrahma, King, Kongolo or Sarr

All quality players that would start for us (with the exception of Kongolo perhaps)
Don't think we need midfielders.

Sar is rumoured to be off to united as they didnt get anyone they wanted, but at 50 million way overpriced for me.

King would be a good pick up

The Cravenette

We haven't spent a great amount of money this window so you would think we could afford anyone from the EPL really.  That said I really don't see Benrahlma coming here: it would be great if he did though.

I can see us picking up one player only- don't think any more defenders and we desperately need some help up front as we all know.

As others have said, I think Grant looks the better option and would love to get him over the line early- but we don't do early do we?

Obviously we also need to offload into the EPL- loans or purchases.  That has to be StefJo and one of the CH, at least.  As others have said there is no way Seri will move to the EPL although could see Fabri giving it a go to get game time.

hovewhite

Welbeck is a good call and as he wouldn't play every week his fitness shouldn't be a problem.   Also is on a free.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Whitestone on October 08, 2020, 09:01:20 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 08, 2020, 08:41:05 AM

If that's the case it's unlikely that he'll get a move back to the Premier League. I think he might have to review his ambitions. No club will give him that assurance. Wherever he goes he'll be fighting for his place.

To be honest, he would be the starting 9 at West Brom and West Ham, Antonio only plays there for them due to lack of options. And he would start at West Brom too. I think he'll end up at one of those

WestSussexWhite

To be honest we can only really sign 1 more player or else it means we will have to leave out one of our potentially useful players from our 25 man squad, we already have 29 senior contracted players

rusty shackleford

Benrahma will go to a top half team id say

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 08, 2020, 10:36:58 AM
Benrahma will go to a top half team id say
Seem to recall him being linked with Chelsea