watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

25 Man squad......

Started by rusty shackleford, October 06, 2020, 09:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Looks like we may need to trim 4 from the squad. Thats without considering there may be a signing from the Championship in the next week or so.

McDonald, StefJo, MLM, Knockaert? Fabri I assume will go but as I understand he can only move to lower divisions in England? or does it apply to lower divisions abroad too?

Only 5 loans in Match Day squad as well. Bad news for Lemina. As Areola, Andersen, Lookman, RLC are probably starters when fit and Aina will at least make the bench and probably be starting for the time being while Tete is out.

KJS

So many games will see rotation so all loanees will play a part

filham

Quote from: KJS on October 06, 2020, 09:52:50 AM
So many games will see rotation so all loanees will play a part
I am not a fan of rotation, much prefer to see a settled line up where all participating players have developed a good understanding.
We certainly seem to be overloaded and it is difficult to see how some players are going to get premier minutes, there are but 34 games left to play.
Competing for the three midfield positions are, Reed, Loftus Cheek, Anguissa, Lemina, Onoma, Cairney, Seri, Johanson, MacDonald. Surely a couple of those need to move on and Seri looks like becoming the most expensive bench warmer in our history.

Mullers OG

If we have to trim 4 from our squad to stay within the 25 permitted then sadly McDonald and Stef J will have to be sold/loaned out.  Fabri will have to make way for one of the young keepers to cover as 3rd keeper. Really sorry to see McDonald and Stef J go as they have been great servants to the club.   Kamara as the weakest of the wingers/forwards should be loaned or sold, if there are any takers. Just looks out of his depth and probably fairer on him to allow him to find his level.

We still desperately need another striker both to support Mitro and as cover should he be suspended or injured.  If we sign one then we will need to trim a 5th, presumably Knockhaert is next in the queue. 

Huxley

My guess would be:
- Fabri, contract terminated by mutual agreement. Under 21 GK from u23 to take his place
- Stef Jo, MLM loaned out.
- McD, loaned out or mutual termination
- if new attacker comes in Knock loaned out.

Apart from Fabri, all will be loaned out in case we drop back down.

I would say one of the Loan with option to buy will bought at Jan transfer window if the they perform.

grandad

Each season the Premier League lists the squads for each of its clubs for the season  after the summer transfer window closes. Each club is able to list up to 17 senior players that are not English or Welsh and did not spend a significant period in an English or Welsh academy, plus any number of homegrown players up to a maximum squad size of 25, plus an unlimited number of academy and under-21 players.

Who are our 8 Home Grown players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Huxley on October 06, 2020, 10:53:12 AM
My guess would be:
- Fabri, contract terminated by mutual agreement. Under 21 GK from u23 to take his place
- Stef Jo, MLM loaned out.
- McD, loaned out or mutual termination
- if new attacker comes in Knock loaned out.

Apart from Fabri, all will be loaned out in case we drop back down.

I would say one of the Loan with option to buy will bought at Jan transfer window if the they perform.

I'd sooner Ream went on loan than MLM personally. MLM has looked fairly good so far this season.

Sting of the North

Quote from: grandad on October 06, 2020, 11:02:34 AM
Each season the Premier League lists the squads for each of its clubs for the season  after the summer transfer window closes. Each club is able to list up to 17 senior players that are not English or Welsh and did not spend a significant period in an English or Welsh academy, plus any number of homegrown players up to a maximum squad size of 25, plus an unlimited number of academy and under-21 players.

Homegrown would be:

Rodak

Hector, Bryan, Tosin, Robinson, Aina

Cairney, Reed, RLC

Lookman, Reid

That's 11. Guess I might be missing someone.

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on October 06, 2020, 11:02:34 AM

rodak, aina, toshin. Bryan, antonee., hecter, cairney, Loftus cheek, think lookman, reed, I'm probably missing some more.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 06, 2020, 09:34:16 AM
Looks like we may need to trim 4 from the squad. Thats without considering there may be a signing from the Championship in the next week or so.

McDonald, StefJo, MLM, Knockaert? Fabri I assume will go but as I understand he can only move to lower divisions in England? or does it apply to lower divisions abroad too?

Only 5 loans in Match Day squad as well. Bad news for Lemina. As Areola, Andersen, Lookman, RLC are probably starters when fit and Aina will at least make the bench and probably be starting for the time being while Tete is out.
I had forgotten about the 5 loan limit in match day squad, that will make competition even more tight. Lemina is hurt currently, same as Tete. Our problem is that Scotty likes keeping his options close to his chest so we never know who is hurt, how bad or how long they will be out.
Quark, strangeness and charm

fulhamben

Quote from: YoungsBitter on October 06, 2020, 11:11:45 AM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 06, 2020, 09:34:16 AM

I had forgotten about the 5 loan limit in match day squad, that will make competition even more tight. Lemina is hurt currently, same as Tete. Our problem is that Scotty likes keeping his options close to his chest so we never know who is hurt, how bad or how long they will be out.
im not sure about the 5 loan thing. I was talking to someone on twitter and they don't think that rule applies in the prem. and a few of us looked yesterday especially tabby and no one could find this rule anywhere

WestSussexWhite

The 5 loan rule is an EFL tule and not a premier league rule. It does not apply to us

YoungsBitter

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 06, 2020, 11:52:32 AM
The 5 loan rule is an EFL tule and not a premier league rule. It does not apply to us
Great, I just tried to find it in Prem Handbook and nothing. Pages and pages on how to set up for TV, interviews, who has to be available, light intensity, car parking spots....
Quark, strangeness and charm

fulhamben

Quote from: YoungsBitter on October 06, 2020, 11:54:09 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 06, 2020, 11:52:32 AM
Great, I just tried to find it in Prem Handbook and nothing. Pages and pages on how to set up for TV, interviews, who has to be available, light intensity, car parking spots....
yes we had a look yesterday, nearly 400 pages!

Bryanthebroom

I think Odoi will be trimmed.

Yes he's versatile, but we now have two players competing at RB and plenty of competition for CB.

MLM has been our best CB lately, can't see him being loaned out.

Big fan of Stefjo but I think he and KMAC will leave.

fulhamben

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on October 06, 2020, 11:57:12 AM
I think Odoi will be trimmed.

Yes he's versatile, but we now have two players competing at RB and plenty of competition for CB.

MLM has been our best CB lately, can't see him being loaned out.

Big fan of Stefjo but I think he and KMAC will leave.
i think odoi will stay purely because he can play anywhere across the back 4. I can see ream being the one left out.

We Are Premier League

I think Johansen and Knockaert will end up with a Championship side. Assuming McD and Fabri also are excluded, everyone else can be included if we dont sign any more players. one in one out will then apply for any additional signings.

Asotosyios

Also, the transfer window in a couple of other leagues (Russia, Portugal) didn't close yesterday so there is a possibility that someone might be sold/loaned out to a team in such a league before the end of October.

I am pretty sure that we have to register our 25-man squad on October 20, so we are not in a hurry to decide.

Huxley

MLS transfer window closes 29th Oct. Wouldn't be surprised if Reem heads back for a last hoorah in the MLS.

fulhamben

Quote from: Huxley on October 06, 2020, 04:04:43 PM
MLS transfer window closes 29th Oct. Wouldn't be surprised if Reem heads back for a last hoorah in the MLS.
[/quotes] Been a good servant so let him leave on a free like McDonald can.