more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Midfield defensive cover

Started by Baszab, October 18, 2020, 12:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

Bassey the warrior

Agree. Loftus Cheek and Anguissa not defending. Cairney has actually defended very well. Cavaleiro not tracking back and leaving Aina 1 vs 2.

PaulJ123

Strange CM selection. Just trying to force Cairney into it for the sake when Lemina would make more sense.

Take Cavaleiro off, I'd try one of the youngsters out there next game.

Texas White

Whitesideup

Midfield defensively non-existent at times. Great big gap between defence and midfield. Shape is crazy.

milis

It was pure luck we didn't conceed in the first half. Our left side is totally open.

Inmyday75

Outnumbered  all the time in dangerous areas. Quite simply it's about numbers on those areas. Lemina on as CDM, flat 3 in there with TC & Zambo. RLC further forward and take the very poor Cav off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statto

Quote from: Inmyday75 on October 18, 2020, 01:04:20 PM
Lemina on as CDM, flat 3 in there with TC & Zambo. RLC further forward and take the very poor Cav off.

Agree with that

...but Parker never changes it before 65-70 mins, and even then it's only like-for-like changes or an extra defender coming on

Baszab

Bassey the warrior

Lemina did look good in his cameo. Cairney didn't do too badly, but he slowed us down, which killed our attack.

Loftus Cheek didn't defend, which left us overloaded.

filham

Really should have taken Cav off and replaced with Kebano, Reid, Bryan or Kamara.

bahay18

lemina didn't play like a defensive midfielder when he came on . Very quick and skilful . I dont know much about him, is he known as defensive ?  Cairney did well today i thought , possibly his best prem performance .( Although you could argue it was against a championship side today ). But other wise it looks to me anguissa , loftus cheek and lemina all want to play the same role , we only have Reed we would classify as defensive?

bencher

Quote from: Baszab on October 18, 2020, 01:30:18 PM
Cav about as useful as DC Reid

Only just occurred to me but makes sense his name is Bobby if his professional rank/title is DC Reid.

Bronaldinho

IMHO - I think the CM duo will remain the same for a while.

It will become a tighter unit defensively as we adapt to 3-4-3.

Anguissa and Cairney really starting to enjoy themselves out there, and the link up and movement between the two is growing.

RLC will play a bit further forward and closer to them, despite being the RW, but it will sure us up a lot.

We would have looked more defensively sound if we had a stronger RM (Cav) and a natural RCB as we had Aina deputising as the 3rd CB.

Once Andersen and Tete return;

I'd expect Andersen in the middle of the back 3 - Tosin to RCB and Tete to fill the RM/RWB slot.

Once that happens the unit will be tighter, so space will harder to find.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com