watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adarabioyo

Started by Bassey the warrior, October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Outstanding debut. Great positional sense and timing of the tackle. Numerous times he intercepted passes. Really good passing too. Unlike Ream he didn't just play it 5 yards, he played a number of good balls into Loftus Cheek. Really chuffed for him.

Ream was excellent as well. Also great positioning and defended the 6 yard box brilliantly.

Sgt Fulham

Really classy debut, and didn't set a foot wrong. On that evidence, seems we have found a proper Premier League CB at last!

General

Was with you all the way, until you tried to include Ream into the played well vibes. Ream is a liability waiting to happen. He was exposed time and time again by sheffield utd who channelled their attacks around him because he's old/slow both in pace and decision making terms.

Tosin was much better. We need Kongolo to come in asap.

Pippo

Very confident. Height on him, calm on the ball, didn't put a foot wrong. He should be proud of that debut.

WindyCity

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
Ream was excellent as well. Also great positioning and defended the 6 yard box brilliantly.

He had his slip ups.  Nearly cost an early goal with yet another poor clear from the box handing it right over to opposition and a clear shot on goal which Areola was able to save.  In this league only one bad play can cost a game.  And he's still doing this....

Pluto

He looked really good today. Thought Ream played well too for what it's worth.

WokingFFC

Quote from: Pluto on October 18, 2020, 02:47:41 PM

100% agree, Tosin was exactly what we need, long may it continue.

Ream will always have his knockers, such a pity they always have to single him out, constantly.

We are all human and make mistakes except for those on here that are / do not of course!

Mr K.Dilkington

extremely impressive debut. He'll be off in the summer kappa. New contract 120 mil buyout stat
Foolish ham

bencher

Quote from: WindyCity on October 18, 2020, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM

He had his slip ups.  Nearly cost an early goal with yet another poor clear from the box handing it right over to opposition and a clear shot on goal which Areola was able to save.  In this league only one bad play can cost a game.  And he's still doing this....

I've been thinking about this. Ream has a tendency to try to clear a ball when he's off balance, which means he doesn't get any distance and it lands only a few yards away in the danger zone. He did it against Wolves in the build up to the goal and did it again today. In those situations he should be just stopping the ball dead and then when rebalanced he can clear it properly. A half clearance seems to cause far more problems. But at 33 he's past being coached on this.

I liked watching Tosin, you can see he's been schooled by Man City and Guardiola (in a good way). I'm hopeful we can partner with Kongolo and/or Anderson soon.

General

Quote from: WokingFFC on October 18, 2020, 02:54:01 PM

Ream will always have his knockers, such a pity they always have to single him out, constantly.

We are all human and make mistakes except for those on here that are / do not of course!

Sorry, but we're in the premier league and want to A) not have a poor season and B) want to stay in it.. If you're CB is having problems and looks like he's got mistakes in him every game, then firstly - the opposition are going to use that tactically and secondly you're going to give chances away and for most teams in this league that guilt-edged chance will most likely be taken. Keeping Ream on the pitch is like handicapping the team. With all our CBs fit, he wont be starting. I appreciate he's part of Fulhamerica and has been a good servant to the club in the championship, but at his age, and with the mistakes he's capable of making per game, we need to move on.

fcfulham55

Very good debut.  Even if it was 'only' against a team like Sheffield United. Who certainly have massively over achieved as a club, perhaps found out this time round.

In an ideal world. They stay up with us, they're a club like palace that need to survive and build on a couple of seasons to get established. Just like ourselves.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

VamosFFC

What is it with all the Ream haters on here?! The guy plays a great game along with Tosin and people are still hating on him. Give the guy some credit for once! Yes, he's had his bad games, but when he's plays a great game most of you still find fault no matter what. Just give the guy credit where credit is due.

Whitesideup

Yes. I thought he did very well. Agree with those that think Ream had a good game too. The views of some are so entrenched they don't want to give credit when it's due.

Statto

I will admit Ream didn't do anything terrible, which constitutes a "good" game by his own woeful and calamitous standards at this level

Thought Tosin was excellent and look forward to seeing him paired with a better CB like Hector (was he dropped today to sort his head out, perhaps?) or Anderson.

Radiowhite

Ream makes the most mistakes in the team by far and they often lead to goals. Can't really just excuse them if we want to stay up can we?

VamosFFC

Quote from: Radiowhite on October 18, 2020, 05:34:52 PM

Ream makes the most mistakes in the team by far and they often lead to goals. Can't really just excuse them if we want to stay up can we?

Eh, Hector takes it for most mistakes this season. He hasn't been good and is caught out or drifts out of position which has lead to a few goals the season. Ream and MLM have been better than Hector this season.

WokingFFC

Quote from: General on October 18, 2020, 02:57:37 PM

Sorry, but we're in the premier league and want to A) not have a poor season and B) want to stay in it.. If you're CB is having problems and looks like he's got mistakes in him every game, then firstly - the opposition are going to use that tactically and secondly you're going to give chances away and for most teams in this league that guilt-edged chance will most likely be taken. Keeping Ream on the pitch is like handicapping the team. With all our CBs fit, he wont be starting. I appreciate he's part of Fulhamerica and has been a good servant to the club in the championship, but at his age, and with the mistakes he's capable of making per game, we need to move on.

Sorry, I disagree and I am a season ticket holder travelling home and away for every game. Ream just has people who dislike him, call him out on everything. I am not saying he is perfect, he is not, he is human like me.

I don't see you levelling the same thoughts about Mitro who makes umpteen 'mistakes' by not scoring with every chance he gets. If he were to score and not make a mistake then Ream one mistake would not matter.

Ream has proven this season to be more reliable than Hector, MLM and the departed Mawson, so he cannot be all bad can he???

But I will SUPPORT whoever wears our shirt, I am after all a supporter. In life you learn that continuing bashing of people / calling people out on every little mistake does not help confidence, build spirit or trust. But then we were all raised differently I suppose

Statto

Quote from: WokingFFC on October 18, 2020, 06:21:13 PM
Ream has proven this season to be more reliable than Hector, MLM...

In your opinion, but not backed up by statistical analysis

...and the departed Mawson

Mawson hasn't even played in the PL this season!
Using that logic I could say Ream has been better this season than Brede Hangeland and Bobby Moore

:doh:

bencher

Poor Tosin. A great day for him and all ruined by having his thread hijacked by keyboard warriors.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on October 18, 2020, 06:26:32 PM
Ream has proven this season to be more reliable than Hector, MLM...

In your opinion, but not backed up by statistical analysis

...and the departed Mawson

Mawson hasn't even played in the PL this season!
Using that logic I could say Ream has been better this season than Brede Hangeland and Bobby Moore

:doh:
So Ream not supported by Statto's statistical analysis, (unsurprisingly) but certainly the manager's opinion.