watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adarabioyo

Started by Bassey the warrior, October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Central defense looked good today, at last we have found a partner for Ream.

hovewhite

Quote from: VamosFFC on October 18, 2020, 03:32:21 PM
What is it with all the Ream haters on here?! The guy plays a great game along with Tosin and people are still hating on him. Give the guy some credit for once! Yes, he's had his bad games, but when he's plays a great game most of you still find fault no matter what. Just give the guy credit where credit is due.
I know on this board he only has to be starting and the haters of ream are sharpening there pencils this attitude is how they live there lives. Tosun thought he was quality. A proper C. H at last.

Jim©

I've never really got the Ream hating, it stinks of scapegoating to me.
He has been our better CB since lockdown finished with Hector unfortunately going backwards fast (bar one magic tackle v Cardiff). Odoi has had a few poor games of late too.
I have played at CB for many years and watched and admired the calmness of Ream on the ball. I would imagine Tosin liked the fact that Ream was there to talk him through the 90 mins.

The high line that we played second half was aggressive and a bit of a gamble, but it certainly worked a treat- credit for that to Ream who was constantly pulling the line up and talking to Robinson on one side and Tosin on the other.

Moltobueno

Agree with OP, good debut for Tosin 082.gif

Statto

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 18, 2020, 06:30:42 PM
So Ream not supported by Statto's statistical analysis, (unsurprisingly) but certainly the manager's opinion.

Not my analysis, just relying on defensive stats from third party websites which show Ream and Hector as pretty much performing at the same level this season.

Happy to hear someone else's analysis if they think they've some empirical data or any objective evidence (ie, not just personal opinion) supporting this idea that Ream has been better than Hector.

FWIW I'm not denying Hector has been woeful, just that a woeful Hector is roughly the same as an in-form Ream because of the gulf in their respective inherent ability levels.

On a more subjective note, I will opine that Ream being picked over MLM, Odoi and an unsettled/unfit (or whatever it that's wrong with him) Hector is hardly a ringing endorsement from the manager.

Arthur

Like everyone else, I have nothing but praise for Adarabioyo on his debut. I look forward to seeing his partnership with Andersen or even as one of a back three with Kongolo.

Whitestone

There is reason Adarabioyo, Andersen and Kongolo were recruited in the last transfer window. I'll take guess that it's because the hierarchy and management team felt that the centre backs already at the club were a liability. The writing was on the wall after the first three games and of course there are the memories of 2018/19 which are still quite raw. We were certs for relegation according to the bookies and that's because we had a defence like a sieve. I think that's a fair assessment based on hard evidence over the last two seasons. I'm really not sure why some posters think it is 'hating' and 'scapegoating' when players receive constructive criticism on this forum.

Oh, and yes I too thought Adarabioyo had a really encouraging debut.

Arthur

Quote from: Whitestone on October 19, 2020, 02:46:22 PM
I'm really not sure why some posters think it is 'hating' and 'scapegoating' when players receive constructive criticism on this forum.

I agree, but what percentage of posts have been constructive in their criticism of Ream? I'm only guessing but I would say there have been many more derogatory/cheap jibe ones than those that offer a constructive critique of any of his performances.

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on October 18, 2020, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
Ream was excellent as well. Also great positioning and defended the 6 yard box brilliantly.

He had his slip ups.  Nearly cost an early goal with yet another poor clear from the box handing it right over to opposition and a clear shot on goal which Areola was able to save.  In this league only one bad play can cost a game.  And he's still doing this....

His debut, only been at the club 10 days, yes wasn't a 100%, but 85% is good. The more he plays, the better he'll get to that 100%, no mistake fullback.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on October 19, 2020, 03:09:38 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on October 18, 2020, 02:47:29 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on October 18, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
Ream was excellent as well. Also great positioning and defended the 6 yard box brilliantly.

He had his slip ups.  Nearly cost an early goal with yet another poor clear from the box handing it right over to opposition and a clear shot on goal which Areola was able to save.  In this league only one bad play can cost a game.  And he's still doing this....

His debut, only been at the club 10 days, yes wasn't a 100%, but 85% is good. The more he plays, the better he'll get to that 100%, no mistake fullback.

My comment was reference to Ream, not Adarabioyo.

ALG01

just using my eyes
tosin and ream played very well. Not perfect but for a first outing that was pretty good. very encouraging.
Center backs are as much about getting the chemistry right between players as it is about ability.
Good start IMO for tosin, he looks a find if he keeps it up.

toshes mate

I thought Adarabioyo and Ream formed a really good partnership and they deserved, along with Areola, the clean sheet they were denied by VAR.  It's a long time since I have seen a Fulham defence worthy of the name and Tim, Tosin and Alphonse made it happen.   Wouldn't like to say who encouraged most out of the three of them and just satisfied that, for once, we seem to have the makings of more than one solid defensive combination which doesn't need stats to justify itself.

As for the anti-Ream mob I expect them to bang their little drums at the slightest chance.  It's good to know people expect such high standards for FFC CBs and leaves me wondering why our recruitment team couldn't deliver sooner given the problem of good partners at the back has persisted for a very long time.  But I guess it is the same issue as signing good strikers - if you get one then you'd be stupid not to cherish them because they don't come along too often.     

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: General on October 18, 2020, 02:57:37 PM
Quote from: WokingFFC on October 18, 2020, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Pluto on October 18, 2020, 02:47:41 PM
He looked really good today. Thought Ream played well too for what it's worth.

100% agree, Tosin was exactly what we need, long may it continue.

Ream will always have his knockers, such a pity they always have to single him out, constantly.

We are all human and make mistakes except for those on here that are / do not of course!

Sorry, but we're in the premier league and want to A) not have a poor season and B) want to stay in it.. If you're CB is having problems and looks like he's got mistakes in him every game, then firstly - the opposition are going to use that tactically and secondly you're going to give chances away and for most teams in this league that guilt-edged chance will most likely be taken. Keeping Ream on the pitch is like handicapping the team. With all our CBs fit, he wont be starting. I appreciate he's part of Fulhamerica and has been a good servant to the club in the championship, but at his age, and with the mistakes he's capable of making per game, we need to move on.
I agree and it annoys me that people think calling out players' faults is somehow out of order and scapegoating. Ream is paid as his job to be a defensive footballer, that means his job is to defend and not make mistakes regularly. If he is making mistakes and costing us games, he is not doing his job and like anyone who doesn't do their job properly it is reasonable that this is called out - it's not being horrible or not appreciating what he's done for us, rather it's expressing concern that an employee is not working to the level that is required.

Anyway on Adarabioyo, didn't watch the game but am extremely pleased to hear that he had a strong start. Long may it continue and hopefully when Andersen is fit they will form a solid partnership.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: WokingFFC on October 18, 2020, 02:54:01 PM
Quote from: Pluto on October 18, 2020, 02:47:41 PM
He looked really good today. Thought Ream played well too for what it's worth.

100% agree, Tosin was exactly what we need, long may it continue.

Ream will always have his knockers, such a pity they always have to single him out, constantly.

We are all human and make mistakes except for those on here that are / do not of course!
We are all human but only some of us are professional footballers, and only some of us get paid a professional footballer's wage!