more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Cavaliero purely on the pitch

Started by Big T, October 18, 2020, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

To take corners ?
I have no idea why he's started every game so far this season, I hate to keep bagging on him but I just don't get it, please fill me in if I'm missing something ?
I just feel Keebano or AK are far more effective, it just feels like a case of teachers pet

Other then that I saw potential in us today and I'm not complaining I just don't understand Parker's obsession with him

Lighthouse

I always thought Knockhart was a better player for us and was annoyed that he was left out and then loaned out. Cav again has just not been present this season. Seems like he is filling up a spot that could be better served by having somebody else filling it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Big T

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2020, 03:14:16 PM
I always thought Knockhart was a better player for us and was annoyed that he was left out and then loaned out. Cav again has just not been present this season. Seems like he is filling up a spot that could be better served by having somebody else filling it.
Yeah if I had to pick one of the two I'd say Knockeart would get the edge but personally I don't think either of em are up to scratch at this level, I'd like to see an inform AK on the right tearing down the wing

WindyCity

Good question.  He was invisible on the pitch, contributed nothing.  Head scratcher....

Mr K.Dilkington

i'd rather bryan play instead. Better going forward and defensively. could cut in etc
Foolish ham

bencher

Cav also stopped Aina contributing to attacking play. How can you overlap him when you know he's going to give the ball away?

A thoroughly poor performance from him. What on earth is the solution to the RW area? Can we play both Tete and Aina once Tete recovers? Or just put a cone/mannequin out on the right wing?

bill taylors apprentice

You can't even make a case that he tackles back and is very enthusiastic!
Its even worse than playing bad because Cavaliero offers nothing and actually hinders our attacking options.

Big T

Quote from: WindyCity on October 18, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
Good question.  He was invisible on the pitch, contributed nothing.  Head scratcher....
Week in week out
The mind boggles

bahay18

Cav is one of Khans big picks . He wanted him the year we went up with Joka .He seemed incapable of finding space.I would pick bryan on the left to try and double up down that side . Robinson was way too far forward in the first half and giving the guy too much space . Much better in the second , got closer to his man and timed his forward runs .

Big T

Let's also not forget it was his rugby style tackle that led to their goal

Bocanegra

He needs to do a lot more. Really hard to see why he is starting never-mind playing 90 mins every week.

Statto

He cannot be blamed for their goal or Aina's performance. Come on FFS.

With that said I agree he was poor today. But IMO he's still better overall than Kebano and AK47 (who may have flashes of promises but they never sustain it) and he evidently produced more than Knockaert (frankly I don't give a to$$ whether a winger "tries hard" when we don't have possession).

IMO the unfortunate reality is that we needed to bring in some quality in that position but we'd spent too much on Knockaert, Reid and Cavaleiro not to have at least one of them in the starting XI regularly this year.

In an ideal world, RLC would be able to play out there or perhaps we play Bryan on LW and Lookman RW.

Finnans Right Peg

Bryan should be playing on the wing or kebano ak is only an impact sub for me

Dodgin

Someone tell me the last time he had a good game. Just find it strange how he is continually chosen.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Big T on October 18, 2020, 04:53:07 PM
Let's also not forget it was his rugby style tackle that led to their goal

Professional foul, I thought. Good time for it too.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 18, 2020, 03:14:16 PM

They're both not good enough, but at least Cav strikes a good corner. I'd bring in Kebano next game.

BestOfBrede

Cav should have gone before Knockaert
I really would prefer not to see Cav in the team again!

filham

I am always surprised to see Cav in the starting line up, Kebano, Bryan, Kamara or Reid seem better options.
Cav. has some pace, strength and a shot which probably all look good in training but are never put to good use in matches.

Milo

I think it's worth giving Bryan a go LW and Lookman RW as has been discussed.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on October 18, 2020, 03:20:51 PM
i'd rather bryan play instead. Better going forward and defensively. could cut in etc

On the left I would put in Bryan !! I cannot work Cava out at all.... " look at Lookman and just do that on the other side 🙄 "