more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Cavaliero purely on the pitch

Started by Big T, October 18, 2020, 03:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big T

Quote from: Statto on October 18, 2020, 05:16:35 PM
He cannot be blamed for their goal or Aina's performance. Come on FFS.

With that said I agree he was poor today. But IMO he's still better overall than Kebano and AK47 (who may have flashes of promises but they never sustain it) and he evidently produced more than Knockaert (frankly I don't give a to$$ whether a winger "tries hard" when we don't have possession).

IMO the unfortunate reality is that we needed to bring in some quality in that position but we'd spent too much on Knockaert, Reid and Cavaleiro not to have at least one of them in the starting XI regularly this year.

In an ideal world, RLC would be able to play
out there or perhaps we play Bryan on LW and Lookman RW.
Poor today ?????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
He's been shockingly useless every game, the rugby tackle only came after he got skinned,
HTF can you defend him

And what does Keebano have to do to get a game ? We wouldn't be in the premier league if it wasn't for Keebano's form at the end of last season,

Baston White

Quote from: Milo on October 18, 2020, 07:40:53 PM
I think it's worth giving Bryan a go LW and Lookman RW as has been discussed.

Definitely this!!
Especially against Palace.
Same team except leave out Cav, move Lookman to the right wing and Joe on the left.

ron

Cav's training.....

Lesson 1 will involve; "Not giving the ball away".
.....let's not think past that at this stage.......

MikeTheCubed

Everyone who's started on the right thus far has been ineffective, but how many anonymous games is Cavaleiro able to have before he's dropped? There were large runs of games where he made little-to-no impact last season as well.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Baston White on October 19, 2020, 02:33:16 PM

Definitely this!!
Same team except leave out Cav, move Lookman to the right wing and Joe on the left.

I don't think Bryan offered much at all when played on the left wing against wolves. Maybe it adds some defensive solidity to our left flank, but I am not convinced that he will improve us going forward.

rebel

Definitely this!!

I think he will be dropped, for Lemina who looked like a man on a mission when he came onto the pitch.

Mullers OG

Cavaliero looks like a good player out of form and lacking confidence to me. I think he will come good in time. I agree Kebano has earned a chance.

One of my favourite FFC players, Kasami, was out of contract all summer until signing for Basel last week. I suppose playing in the Champions League was an attraction. Would have been very happy to see him back at the Cottage.

Dodgin

Just watched the Sheffield game again, this time with GJ and Jamie's commentary. Cav's confidence may well be low with his display plus giving  the foul, when the free kick led to the penalty.

Big T

Quote from: rebel on October 19, 2020, 04:09:12 PM

Definitely this!!

I think he will be dropped, for Lemina who looked like a man on a mission when he came onto the pitch.
Agreed he did more in 5 mins then Cavs done in his past 30 hours on the pitch

clarkey

Cav does not look like a  good player out of form. He looks like a BAD PLAYER. He has been useless all of 2020.Lemina did more in 5 mins than Cav has in 2020.

He does nothing, he passes badly...always behind the man, never takes players on or goes on the outside and can't cross for toffee. We play every single game with 10 men.

He tracks back slowly, virtually always fails to stop his oppo from crossing, and always fails to tackle them. And I mean always.He gave away the free kick, it was pathetic.

He is not short on confidence he is short on commitment, skill and intelligence.

Anyone of Bobby, AK, or of course the most obvious Neeskens Kebano or Lemina would be better BUT the best would be changing the system slightly and having the fluidity of thought to have an extra midfielder like Josh knitting things together. Cairney was creative, with a powerful player alongside he would create even more. Even StefJo would be tter than Cav...what is it with Parker he should have subbed him at half time it was clear he was having a shocker for a normal players and an average game for Cav.

He should be offloaded double quick, he is a liability honestly I would rather we played with 10 men.And don't start on Parker's subbing, he needs a lesson or an egg timer, he fails every game to spruce things up and get some extra energy on the field.

Other than that good team selection and the other ten all played really well.

Big T

Quote from: clarkey on October 19, 2020, 05:15:45 PM
Cav does not look like a  good player out of form. He looks like a BAD PLAYER. He has been useless all of 2020.Lemina did more in 5 mins than Cav has in 2020.

He does nothing, he passes badly...always behind the man, never takes players on or goes on the outside and can't cross for toffee. We play every single game with 10 men.

He tracks back slowly, virtually always fails to stop his oppo from crossing, and always fails to tackle them. And I mean always.He gave away the free kick, it was pathetic.

He is not short on confidence he is short on commitment, skill and intelligence.

Anyone of Bobby, AK, or of course the most obvious Neeskens Kebano or Lemina would be better BUT the best would be changing the system slightly and having the fluidity of thought to have an extra midfielder like Josh knitting things together. Cairney was creative, with a powerful player alongside he would create even more. Even StefJo would be tter than Cav...what is it with Parker he should have subbed him at half time it was clear he was having a shocker for a normal players and an average game for Cav.

He should be offloaded double quick, he is a liability honestly I would rather we played with 10 men.And don't start on Parker's subbing, he needs a lesson or an egg timer, he fails every game to spruce things up and get some extra energy on the field.

That's the part I can't understand, how did he not sub him off at half time, I almost couldn't believe it when he came back out onto the pitch, even that lump Knockeart would of been 5 X more effective and that's really saying something...

AND I guarantee Parker will start him again next week against Palace

BestOfBrede

Quote from: clarkey on October 19, 2020, 05:15:45 PM

Very well said And agreed totally
I would add that surely Scott could see that Mitro was having a very day, probably because of intl duty/fatigue, and so should have subbed him early.
But the point here is Cav...
I can see why Wolves let him go once in the prem. I mean what does he do?
We let Knockaert go, who also isn't great, but puts more in than Cav does.