watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The big takeaway and plus from yesterday's match is

Started by rebel, October 19, 2020, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

the integration of 6 new players and how well they did in the second half, especially after we scored. If you checked all the other Prem squads, I doubt there would be 6 new signings in the first 11. Parker gets some credit for that.

bog

I thought the second half to be very promising. But that promise has to be turned into wins very soon so confidence grows. The squad looks much better now than two years ago.

092.gif         

rebel

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2020, 03:09:12 PM
I thought the second half to be very promising. But that promise has to be turned into wins very soon so confidence grows. The squad looks much better now than two years ago.

092.gif         

Good post.

WindyCity

092.gif       

:plus one:

ALG01

I thought we wewre poor oin the first half as did most people and part of that was lack of familiarity. But in the second we picked up the pace and showed a bit of adventure and it started to look very promising. I think sheff utd are much under estimated as an opponent because they have had a poor start but once we took the game to them we simply overran them.

I thoink this was as much poor tactics at the start from parker as it was the new boys bedding in... so a good sign.

One thing I thought that looked much better was how quickly we broke from defence overloading their back line... we didn't really make the most of that and that was surely down to the new line up..... I hope we are all feeling that whatever else we might yet make a decent showing and not disgrace ourselves all season.... I did like tosin, he was the stand out new boy for me, and the back four held the line brilliantly, even if iut was scary at times.

Slaphead in Qatar

Yes we have a much better squad than 2 years ago - just hope Tete and Andersen come back quickly.

rebel

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 19, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
Yes we have a much better squad than 2 years ago - just hope Tete and Andersen come back quickly.

Back 4 will look like Tete, Anderson, Tosin, Robinson. Anderson's has ability on the ball, great distribution, he's second on a table for distribution in Europe (long ball) from a defensive position, I think.

Deeping_white

Only conceded once from open play in the last 180 mins - not bad for the "worst PL defence ever"

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 19, 2020, 03:58:43 PM
Only conceded once from open play in the last 180 mins - not bad for the "worst PL defence ever"

75% of the defence is new.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on October 19, 2020, 04:02:55 PM

I know, it was a positive! More a dig at the lazy punditry than anything, plenty of teams have conceded more goals than us, yet somehow we're supposed to be the worst!!

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 19, 2020, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: rebel on October 19, 2020, 04:02:55 PM

I know, it was a positive! More a dig at the lazy punditry than anything, plenty of teams have conceded more goals than us, yet somehow we're supposed to be the worst!!

Yep, they'll change their minds when we put together a run of wins; much of how they think of us is to do with 2018, not the today and now.

fulhamfever

it's the spaces the midfielders wouldn't get into, to receive passes from the defence so we was passing it backwards. That was frustrating, Aina not going over the halfway line almost felt as if he was scared of going past Cav on the overlap.

bog

I just want to shut Chris Sutton up. 'Fulham are awful and are gone.' This after one game.  :031:

092.gif   

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2020, 04:25:28 PM
I just want to shut Chris Sutton up. 'Fulham are awful and are gone.' This after one game.  :031:

092.gif

To be fair...in yesterday's first half we were as well.

We're the doormats for the EPL until we prove we're not.   Time for everyone to show some fight.     Palace will try to stretch us with their pace.   Hopefully we're up for it.

rebel

092.gif   

He's arrogant, not really an analysis of improvements or where we could improve.  If he thinks our abilities are bad, then it's only reflected in his 'none punditry'. 

Fernhurst

Quote from: rebel on October 19, 2020, 03:10:30 PM

092.gif   

Good post.

Agreed
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Slaphead in Qatar

092.gif   

As a player I only remember him having one good season - and that was when he had Shearer as his strike partner