watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Before Saturdays game I bumped into Peter Marinello

Started by CULTUREVULTURE, December 01, 2010, 08:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CULTUREVULTURE

Whilst walking through Hammersmith I literally bumped into Peter Marinello. I said hello, told him we were off to the game and asked if he would have his picture taken with my son which he was happy to do. He couldn't have been nicer. Clearly chuffed to be remembered.

ron

All together now (to the tune of "Guantanamera")

"One Marinello, there's only one Marinello, one Marine e e e llo, there's only.........."    etc

LBNo11

...the "Scottish George Best", great debut for Fulham and that was about it, loved the sauce I understand. Never met him but a Gooner I know said he was actually a nice guy,very shy and took to dutch courage...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Bumped into him as a kid on a bus when we was doing a Red bus rover, dont think he gave us his autograph,but as you know my memory is crap.

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 01, 2010, 10:59:49 PM
Bumped into him as a kid on a bus when we was doing a Red bus rover, dont think he gave us his autograph,but as you know my memory is crap.

Christ, Red Bus Rovers. They seem almost as ancient as the war now!!!

CorkedHat

He might have been a nice bloke but as a Fulham footballer he was very disappointing. He promised so much but delivered so little
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on December 02, 2010, 06:55:14 AM

They was superb hey CV? 60p i think and you could hop on any bus all day. We used to get up to town on them and then do the running from bus to bus thing as they was moving. Are there still any of the old Routemasters in service or has Health and Safety killed them off?

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 02, 2010, 08:51:19 AM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on December 02, 2010, 06:55:14 AM

They was superb hey CV? 60p i think and you could hop on any bus all day. We used to get up to town on them and then do the running from bus to bus thing as they was moving. Are there still any of the old Routemasters in service or has Health and Safety killed them off?

A few Routemasters still run on wat they call Heritage Routes.

ron

Interesting that the new Routemaster features a rear platform despite the warnings from the Health and Safety Police....

Travers Barney

First thing I thought when I saw the post was that 'one Marinello' song Ron....reminds me of days in the enclosure..not always happy days but days nonetheless

We are the whites
We are the whites