News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Guess how long i can stay off the booze.

Started by FatFreddysCat, November 22, 2010, 12:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 02, 2010, 11:35:37 AM
If all goes well my non drinking will be in tatters tomorrow. I've just rang the hospital to keep pressing them on my hernia op, they've just had a cancellation for dec7th, the woman i spoke to has to confirm with her supervisor, but there's a good chance i could be in for a pre assessment tomorrow, and then the op on tuesday. If i get the good news tomorrow i shall celebrate with  :wine: and :beer: then stay of the booze untill March (very unlikely) and get into a right keep fit frenzy. Should find out in the next few hours, it will be the best news i've had this year if i can get it done, it's really pissing me off now.

What if you get an op date and England get a world cup?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: os5889 on December 02, 2010, 11:53:07 AM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 02, 2010, 11:35:37 AM
If all goes well my non drinking will be in tatters tomorrow. I've just rang the hospital to keep pressing them on my hernia op, they've just had a cancellation for dec7th, the woman i spoke to has to confirm with her supervisor, but there's a good chance i could be in for a pre assessment tomorrow, and then the op on tuesday. If i get the good news tomorrow i shall celebrate with  :wine: and :beer: then stay of the booze untill March (very unlikely) and get into a right keep fit frenzy. Should find out in the next few hours, it will be the best news i've had this year if i can get it done, it's really pissing me off now.

What if you get an op date and England get a world cup?
England getting the World Cup wouldn't take away the shine of me getting my op   :015: That reminds me they haven't rang back yet, i'm on tenderhooks waiting, but i dont want to piss em off by ringing again.

Jimpav

Good luck with the op Fred that would be a result if you get an appointment before Christmas.

Do you have any idea how much I should expect to pay to get approximately 10 conifer stumps removed - either through grinding or being dug up?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on December 02, 2010, 01:49:16 PM
Good luck with the op Fred that would be a result if you get an appointment before Christmas.

Do you have any idea how much I should expect to pay to get approximately 10 conifer stumps removed - either through grinding or being dug up?
I dont really do that, and the grinding is quite expensive i think. If they're not to thick, why not dig down a bit around the stumps, saw through it below ground level then cover it over again, i do all my sawing with a hand saw as i'm very wary of the chin saw and you can get through reasonable size trunks quite quick. Or perhaps ask Shady he might be able to help you.

Jimpav

FatFreddysCat

there is also the old wifes tale of banging a rusty nail into the stump , not sure if that is true , sounds a load of bollocks to me, to be honest i'm a cowboy gardener, but wouldn't want a Fulham supporter mugged off, i know there is a lot of money to be made in tree surgery (most gardeners wont have grinding tools)  when times are good, but times are hard, try a few tree surgeons from your local paper, get quotes, if they are expensive do what i said and saw them yourself , a good bow saw is about a tenner, and you should get through a normal stunp in under ten minutes.