watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Memories Of Peter Scott

Started by White Noise, December 01, 2010, 09:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I never saw him play and he rarely seems to get mentioned for a player who turned out for us for as long as he did.

What recollections do you have of him as a player and person?

wadey

a real toughie...i would compare his on field prowess with say...lee bowyer...not as much skill

CULTUREVULTURE

Good in the tackle and a good passer of the ball. Scored a few goals as well. He would have been a better player had he played in a better Fulham team. Sounds obvious but he was a good player who had to carry some poor players.

mrska

Peter Scott and John Marshall came to open a Fete i went to in Chessington CIRCA 1983-84..  we had a great day.. getting them slightly p***ed as we chatted to them..  magic!

LBNo11

...a good midfielder who was with us for a good few years, was with us through the era of Clay raping the club and the Bulstrode/Cabra/Fulham Park Rangers era...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Banstead White

Scotty was great a leader in his day, as others have said tough tackler with 100% commitment, I don't think I ever saw him have a day off, i seem to recall he bagged a few goals too.

He used to have a particular style and pose to his game often looking and watching the ball, neck outstretched in focus mode a real terrier.

Whilst no comparison in terms of talent i would liken his loss at the time to be similar if we were to have lost Murphy last season..

wonder where is now???
cheers
R :Sparkyticus:
Roysie

Lighthouse

Scott was a really good midfield player and played over 300 times for us. I think of him and my favourite player John Marshal as starting about the same time. Both had a joint testimonial and it was a real shock when Scott was released.

I remember he was a good tackler but was sent off in the highlight of his time with us in the play offs. Busy and tidy midfiled player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Scotty was a very agressive player but used to talk his way into the book.  He took a good free kick.  Nothing too subtle but a hard blast to save.  Scored a good one against Bristol city away in the FA cup.

Tonywa

When he was in the Youth team Scotty looked like a world-beater and his passing ability led to him being talked up as a second Johnny Haynes.  Ridiculous really, but when he initially came into the first team his passing was superb and he tried one or two things that were exceptional for a youngster playing at what is now championship level. Like Justin Skinner I think he was really dragged down by the mediocrity with which he was surrounded and by the way the game was played in the lower divisions.  He had a decent enough career, but the level at which he found himself required a good engine rather than silky passing skills, so he turned himself into a tough-tackling midfielder, hard-working with still an odd bit of class to his game and an eye for a goal, but with an extremely suspect temperament which let him down from time to time.   My fondest memory of him was a game against Newcastle in the old second division in which, if memory serves, he scored one goal after a move which he started just outside his own penalty area and laid on another with a most audacious back heel.  The sort of imaginative piece of skill you can imagine Moussa Dembele coming up with today.  As others say he would have been a much better player in a better team.  The basic talent was certainly there.

TonyGilroy

My feeling about both Peter Scott and John Marshall is that once they'd established themselves as lower league players and were in their mid twenties and unlikely to progress that they simply lost all ambition and went through the motions.

They were good enough for the poor Fulham sides they were in and seemed satisfied with that.

We didn't miss them when they left.

Staffs White

Most of you guys will have seen more of him than me but from what I remember whenever I looked at match reports he always seemed to get booked.

I have some old VHS season review videos at home and if I remember rightly there is a screamer of a goal that he scored against Brentford at the Cottage.

dannydog

I still see Scotty his son plays for Beaconsfield youth and my son for Windsor so they play against each other he still folllows Fulham and knows Ray Lew .I chat to him he's a nice quiet chap his son is a top player.

Travers Barney

I won a Fulham season ticket in a competition set up by Deben Builders Merchants in Chessington in the late 1980's....I gave it to my pal as my wife worked on Saturday's and I had to look after the kids.

Peter Scott and John Marshall presented me with my prize and the Surrey Comet came down and took some pictures....had quite a few with the players in the promotional reception.

Even better was the fact that years later my pal returned the favour and treated me to a season ticket.... we were making our way up the Leagues in the early Al Fayed era....I got the better deal I reckon!

We are the whites
We are the whites