watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recruitment and age

Started by Southcoastffc, January 15, 2021, 10:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

This is a good read IMO. And in all the talk and criticism that has been expressed on this board recently concerning our recruitment,  I wonder how many realise how young our players are compared to  other teams. (Perhaps someone with more skills than I can reproduce the chart showing so)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/12186069/scott-parker-exclusive-interview-premier-league-lessons-and-transforming-fulham
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I see, second youngest average age after Villa.
I note Palace are the oldest on average.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bocanegra

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2021, 11:14:06 PM

Think Palace will get relegated next season when Roy goes. Has Fulham 2014 vibes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bocanegra on January 16, 2021, 12:23:09 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 15, 2021, 11:14:06 PM

Think Palace will get relegated next season when Roy goes. Has Fulham 2014 vibes.

That is my feeling also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Herbie

Thanks for sharing this; it was a really positive article (for once).

filham

Yes, good to know that we have a young team that hopefully can grow and improve together over the next few seasons.
However I hope we are not operating a rigid policy with an age cap. If for instance a 32 year old striker with a proven premier league goal scoring record became available for us I would hope we would consider the matter carefully.

We should never forget how Bobby More and Alan Mullery lead us to our only FA CUP Final in 1975.

Statto

Generally share the positive sentiment but I'm not sure having young players counts for much when they're on loan. We are just, as TK would put it, 'developing other clubs' players' at the moment and it's the parent clubs that will benefit in the coming years. In a few months time the likes of Anderson, Lookman and RLC will be gone and we'll be left with the somewhat less youthful Ream, Johansen and McDonald.