more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rhys, the young goalkeeper meets Tim Ream

Started by ron, August 06, 2021, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

....with cerebral palsy......

Just saw him on the ITV news. He plays for the Feltham Bees, a disabled players side sponsored by Brentford.  Apparently he posted pictures of himself saving a couple of shots, and received a volley of hate mail and mockery.

He was interviewed about it, and the mature and dignified way he rose above the abuse reduced me to tears.

What kind of low life and vermin would abuse a fine young 13 year old for taking on the challenges he is faced with in the way he has?

By the way, he also showed great dress sense, because he was wearing the brand new FFC away shirt!.

I hope the club can contact him and show him support too.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

What a lovely lad. I found it very amusing with all of the praise that Brentford were receiving and yet he had the Fulham shirt.

Lighthouse

There is so much disappointment and feelings of failure. Feelings that life has let people down and so many feelings that somehow the World owes them something they haven't had.

People aren't jealous of only wealth or success. But they hate achievement and happiness. They are jealous of feelings that they have never experienced. They see a young man achieving something despite problems faced and naturally people turn on it.
Why are you happy? What makes you so special? Look at you.

The saddest thing about people is they hate so easily the things that are easiest to have.   
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

That is the reason I left all social media. It is a vile and sickening place and should be abolished.
I'd see the odd nasty comment to a fat woman, or some black player or whatever. But the final straw came when there was a video of a woman and her severely disabled daughter. Her daughter was happy, laughing and they were simply enjoying the life they had together. Someone commented on it saying they'd have "put it down at birth", like she wasn't a human being.
The thing that got me the most, was the sheer unnecessary need for anything. It was a delightful video of a mother and daughter love and bond and the fact someone felt the urge to say something so cruel and pointless, got to me. I havent been back on since, and I never will. I dont miss it in the slightest, and the more things I hear like this, the more I know my decision was right.

As lighthouse said, they just don't like the fact people are happy when they lead a pitiful and meaningless life.

HobGoblin

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 06, 2021, 07:40:17 PM
That is the reason I left all social media. It is a vile and sickening place and should be abolished.
I'd see the odd nasty comment to a fat woman, or some black player or whatever. But the final straw came when there was a video of a woman and her severely disabled daughter. Her daughter was happy, laughing and they were simply enjoying the life they had together. Someone commented on it saying they'd have "put it down at birth", like she wasn't a human being.
The thing that got me the most, was the sheer unnecessary need for anything. It was a delightful video of a mother and daughter love and bond and the fact someone felt the urge to say something so cruel and pointless, got to me. I havent been back on since, and I never will. I dont miss it in the slightest, and the more things I hear like this, the more I know my decision was right.

As lighthouse said, they just don't like the fact people are happy when they lead a pitiful and meaningless life.

Great Post, there are total evil people on social media whom just are cruel for no damn reason.

Dodgin

Hope they get exposed and hear their poor excuses.

Nero

Anyone else see him on BBC this morning with Tim Ream, Lad over come with emotion so a nice moment

South Coast White

A Lovely moment and a big thank you to FFC for their support for Rhys and his fantastic campaign.

Fulham1959

He was on BBC Breakfast about 15 minutes ago, with his Mum, live from Motspur Park.

Tim Ream came up from the rear to surprise him and Rhys was moved to tears.  So was I.  What a great youngster and pretty articulate, too.  I was so proud, especially with his being a Fulham fan.  I hope the club give a link to his fund-raising initiative.

South Coast White

Great point FULHAM1959
Come on Fulham let's get this link done and support this.

Fulham 442

Quote from: South Coast White on September 23, 2021, 09:39:01 AM
Great point FULHAM1959
Come on Fulham let's get this link done and support this.
:plus one:

Fulham 442

I read about Rhys and the horrendous online bullying he had received.  The way he not only rose above it but decided to use this experience to raise money for charity was humbling to say the least.  I am filled with admiration for him and the maturity he has shown.

f321ffc

?s=21
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

RaySmith

Wonderful. Heart-warming.

Well done Tim Ream and Fulham, and well done, of course, Rhys.

Fulham 442

Quote from: RaySmith on September 23, 2021, 11:46:33 AM
Wonderful. Heart-warming.

Well done Tim Ream and Fulham, and well done, of course, Rhys.
:plus one:
Thank you for posting this.

Pluto

Love this! Tim and Rhys are great ambassadors for our club and for the whole game

WOTM

Need new makeup for my afternoon meetings now...

Such a cool kid and captain!

Somerset Fulham

Here is another link.

Tim Ream is a tremendous human being.