watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Landon Donovan Could Choose Fulham

Started by White Noise, December 13, 2010, 04:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Landon has something that no one available on this squad has, that being pace. He's faster then AJ use to be & unlike EJ he can run with the ball. He is also a better winger than anyone we have at the moment & can do the odd spot kick. He would be a good loan.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: Burt on December 13, 2010, 07:23:09 PM
A return rate of 2 goals in 13 appearances for Everton pans out at roughly 6 a season.

Is he really the answer?

In 10 Premier League appearances (7 starts) he had 2 goals and 3 assists.  I'd take a guy who had the potential to be involved in a goal in every other game.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BalDrick

'I'd take a guy who had the potential to be involved in a goal in every other game.'

But that's down to the way the team play, and create, isn't it? Lineker had the potential to be involved in a few goals a game but he didn't do much other than score them did he?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Crede15

Its not gonna happen. I'd be shocked if it did. The safe bet though is that its Everton or nothing.

It would be a brilliant signing though.

HatterDon

The stupidity of this article and others linking Donovan with us is that they're deciding it's on because MarkyMark has said we're looking for a striker. As has been said here, Donovan is NOT a striker. He's the classic withdrawn forward in a 4-4-1-1. If we had Bobby healthy, Donovan would really do the do in the Gera role.

Besides, Donovan will be quite happy to go to Everton where the fans already appreciate him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/12/fulham-joins-everton-in-chase-for-donovan-loan-1.html#more

Fulham joins Everton in chase for Donovan loan

Just when you thought Everton was Landon Donovan's most likely destination for an English Premier League move, in steps a club all too familiar to American soccer fans.

Fulham is reportedly trying to make a bid for Donovan, a development that comes amid fresh reports that Everton is interested in bringing Donovan back for another loan stint.

If true, a Fulham move would partner Donovan with U.S. national team teammate Clint Dempsey, giving the Cottagers the two best American field players in the world.

Both Fulham and Everton are struggling this season (The Cottagers are outside the relegation zone by goal difference while Everton is two points clear of the drop zone) and both could use Donovan's attacking spark. The question at this point is whether Donovan will choose one over the other or choose to take the winter off after what was easily the busiest and most tiring year of his career.

So where would you like to see him go? Cast your vote (and here my take) after the jump:

Where would you like to see Landon Donovan go this winter?

Everton 

Fulham 

An extended vacation before returning to the LA Galaxy

duffbeer

Quote from: White Noise on December 15, 2010, 12:00:40 AM

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/12/fulham-joins-everton-in-chase-for-donovan-loan-1.html#more

Fulham joins Everton in chase for Donovan loan

Just when you thought Everton was Landon Donovan's most likely destination for an English Premier League move, in steps a club all too familiar to American soccer fans.

Fulham is reportedly trying to make a bid for Donovan, a development that comes amid fresh reports that Everton is interested in bringing Donovan back for another loan stint.

If true, a Fulham move would partner Donovan with U.S. national team teammate Clint Dempsey, giving the Cottagers the two best American field players in the world.

Both Fulham and Everton are struggling this season (The Cottagers are outside the relegation zone by goal difference while Everton is two points clear of the drop zone) and both could use Donovan's attacking spark. The question at this point is whether Donovan will choose one over the other or choose to take the winter off after what was easily the busiest and most tiring year of his career.

So where would you like to see him go? Cast your vote (and here my take) after the jump:

Where would you like to see Landon Donovan go this winter?

Everton  

Fulham  

An extended vacation before returning to the LA Galaxy
\\

Dempsey says,, "Pattycake pattycake, bakers man
Bake me a Landycake as fast as you can."  :011:

Also read that Pardoggydo wants Landon at the Toon.  Not a chance in Hell.

BarryP

Quote from: BalDrick on December 14, 2010, 05:59:35 PM
'I'd take a guy who had the potential to be involved in a goal in every other game.'

But that's down to the way the team play, and create, isn't it? Lineker had the potential to be involved in a few goals a game but he didn't do much other than score them did he?

It is partially up to how the team play but Donovan can score them and create them and that potential is there regardless.  Would he be better playing next to a Zamora? Sure he would.  

For those arguing that Donovan is not a striker I would argue that if he were at Fulham now he would the best striker available hands down.  Donovan is a footballer above and beyond any positional hole you try and put him in.  The football IQ that EJ lacks Donovan has and I will take that any day.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Quote from: Peyton on December 14, 2010, 09:33:44 AM
I think we need an out and out goal scorer rather than yet another "attacking midfielder" type although he does have more pace than those we have. Beckham is available and would probably provide more ammo than Donovan and still takes a sweet free kick.

We could have  Tevez...if we had the money.
We could have Rooney....if we had the money.
We could have an out and out goal scorer rather than yet another "attacking midfielder....if we had the money

Beckman? Good God no! He is done. He couldn't beat MLS defenders this past season. We need some legs not a tree stump. Although, watching our dead ball situations makes one wonder where we would be if we had anyone who could do a decent one just once a match.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

duffbeer

That's good news and the right choice for Donovan, the US national team, the Galaxy, and Everton since he said that was the only team he would consider. 

Jimbobob

:dft004: :dft004: :dft004: :dft004: :dft004:
So sad..and he wants support from her!!!!
Maybe he will want to come here for the money!!!!!  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/soccer-star-landon-donovan-files-for-divorce-from-bianca-kajlich/52897?nc
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?