watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coventry Away

Started by northamptonsteve, September 06, 2021, 05:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northamptonsteve

Just up the road from me so has to be done (assuming can get a couple of tickets for me and the boy) any of you seasoned campaigners know when the tickets should go on sale? Game on Sky but would still expect a big demand as team flying and not a ground I can remember us visiting for a while! Have membership and looking at the ground I think they could accommadate as many as we could sell.  067.gif

stokesy

Has been nominated Jimmy hill day by Coventry city FC

shepperton white

We have much to thank and remember him for

northamptonsteve

Remember Mansfield away when we secured promotion out of the bottom division with Micky Adams, he got a bollocking over the tanoy for smoking in the executive box, great day for Jim he milked it with us for all it was worth, great man in dark times for sure.

Southdowns White

I would imagine we will have a larger than average following to Coventry, haven't played them in many years and a new ground that isn't too far away. Should be a good day out.

mrmicawbers

A Coventry fan I spoke to recently said that it's possible for them to give up to 7500.Loads of my lot going so should be a good turnout.Trains take an hour and got ours for 20 quid.Hope the earlier kick off want put too many off

AJW48361

Whatever happened to Highfield Road.?

AJW48361

Well deserved tribute to Jimmy Hill fantastic service to both clubs.

Wingnut

Tickets are still not on sale for this yet. Anyone know why?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

northamptonsteve

I keep checking too, annoying when being an early kick off also would need to book the morning off!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: northamptonsteve on September 06, 2021, 07:21:49 PM
Remember Mansfield away when we secured promotion out of the bottom division with Micky Adams, he got a bollocking over the tanoy for smoking in the executive box, great day for Jim he milked it with us for all it was worth, great man in dark times for sure.

We were all packed into that wooden stand and had to go behind it for a smoke
Big traffic jam getting away from the ground, I remember one guy walking up and
down the cars, giving us all a swig of champagne.
Magical night even though the match wasn't too good but nerve racking
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

gang

Quote from: AJW48361 on September 07, 2021, 09:25:03 AM
Whatever happened to Highfield Road.?

It was demolished in 2006. Last game there was 30 April 2005 against Derby, Coventry won 6-2.
It was the first all seater stadium in England until Leeds United fans tore down the seats after losing 4-0 in 1981, typical Leeds fans.

Birmingham White

Was told match day parking at Richoh is £15!!

fulhamtom

Not confirmed but another Fulham friend told me there were train issues to Peterborough on that date.

northamptonsteve

Rang ticket office they said went on sale today, went online and it says full! Why are we so garbage at ticketing!
1500.gif

Wingnut

Quote from: northamptonsteve on September 21, 2021, 03:12:55 PM
Rang ticket office they said went on sale today, went online and it says full! Why are we so garbage at ticketing!
1500.gif

Not sure what it going on here.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/september/Coventry-City-Away-Tickets/
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

northamptonsteve

initial allocation 2000 sold already? sounds like we will be offered more though.

stokesy

Says I can purchase 12 then at the end says can only purchase 2

Gezza

Bought mine this evening on line. No problem

northamptonsteve

Seems to be working now but not the best ticket buying site, how do you know which side is the pitch/front?