https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by Pluto, September 18, 2021, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I'd use BDR as a right back

Mullers OG

I thought Christie had a decent game last night.  Having said that I saw nothing which is likely to convince the manager that he should start ahead of Odoi.  Equally if Odoi should join Tete on the injury list then Christie would be an adequate back up.

cwindsor

No one can fault Odoi's enthusiasm. But enthusiasm is no substitute for ability. Especially, defensively.
His defensive play can best be described as follows:
1. Back off from attacking player
2. Plant feet
3. Turn and watch ball go in net.
This has been the case since he joined Fulham. The fact that he has been playing 70 to 90 minutes, whilst  Mawson and Christie warm the bench, is a complete mystery to me.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Pluto on September 19, 2021, 05:37:51 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 19, 2021, 04:45:04 AM
Quote from: Pluto on September 18, 2021, 05:51:38 PM

Ridiculous decision by the club to hand Christie a new deal with the expectation of being able to grind out a small fee for him. Now we are stuck paying him £20k a week to do nothing all season. It's just abysmal management. I don't blame him at all for refusing a move. If we wanted him gone, we should have done the right thing and let him walk for free.

Nonsense, Christie's wages were a good investment. Christie makes up about 1.5% of our expenses, or looking at it another way we could afford 6.5 players in every position at those wages.

Players like Fabri, Christie, Odoi, Quina and Kebano aren't quality players, but I think it would be a mistake to give those five away on a free transfer and bring in one quality player like Cavelrio (and if you want to bring in real quality like Wilson then you would have sacfrice a lot more squad players).

Christie is excellent value and Silva needs to tell Odoi he will be competing wiki Christie (and anyone else that can kick a ball at FFC) for the right back spot. We need to improve at right back, maybe some more gametime for Odoi does the trick, maybe Christie needs a chance or maybe Fossey/S.Sess step up.

That's what I meant. It's a great investment IF we actually play him. If we have no intention of playing the bloke and are planning to let him chill in the reserves all season, it's a massive waste of money.

Cyrus Christie makes up 1.5% of the expenses and is currently our fifth choice full-back, so likely not to feature much. But, if three of our full-backs were injured for a significant period, then without Christie the other 98.5% of our budget is a massive waste of money (including Tosin, Wilson, and Mitrovic).

Cyrus Christie is possible "the best fifth choice full-back in the history of the Championship", who cost us £1m per season, and could earn us £150m even with a bit-part role. That is VALUE!

Once, we accept we need a fifth choice full back even if it costs a £1m per season, the only other question is either S.Sess or M.Fossey good enough and fit enough to fill the 5th FB role. The answer is to good enough is yes, but they both have injury record so probably not fit enough for a break through season.

Twig

Quote from: Nero on September 24, 2021, 08:12:10 AM
Thank god for that
https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-boss-silva-says-christie-is-in-his-plans

This is odd because Silva had recently stated very publicly that Christie wasn't in his plans. All a bit perplexing.

MartyFFC

Odoi has more technical ability, Christie is better defensively. I'm on the fence as to who I'd prefer to be starting, though might lean slightly towards Christie