watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee Tonight

Started by ianthailand, September 21, 2021, 05:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Tim Robinson only marginally better than Stroud and the clown we had on Saturday Steve Martin. I thought playing a Prem. Club we might get a decent official. There's Bob Hope and no hope i suppose.

ianthailand

Quote from: ianthailand on September 21, 2021, 05:08:44 PM
Tim Robinson only marginally better than Stroud and the clown we had on Saturday Steve Martin. I thought playing a Prem. Club we might get a decent official. There's Bob Hope and no hope i suppose.
Ref has had a good half maybe he's been to ref school in the summer. Hope he maintains this standard.

Jurassic Parker

Not noticed the ref at all

Always a good sign, how it should be

bobbo

I thought he was a little bit picky but overall he did a good job.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ianthailand

Best game i've seen him have. Let a lot of marginal bookings go and allowed the game to flow. Was expecting the worst but pleasantly surprised well above Martin and Stroud.

filham

No complaints about the ref although I expected the yellow cards to come out earlier than they did.

The Cravenette

I mentioned last night I thought the ref had had a good game.

SP

I still don't understand the role of the referee's assistant. Yesterday, Knockheart asked the linesman (as I'll always think of them) why he didn't signal for the corner we were due in the first half. The ref, who had a far worse view gave a goal kick, this approach makes no sense to me?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2021, 10:21:02 PM
I still don't understand the role of the referee's assistant. Yesterday, Knockheart asked the linesman (as I'll always think of them) why he didn't signal for the corner we were due in the first half. The ref, who had a far worse view gave a goal kick, this approach makes no sense to me?

Lino is there to look pretty

Rupert

Quote from: SP on September 22, 2021, 10:21:02 PM

It all depends on what the referee has told his lino. Some will tell them to flag for everything, others will only ask them to confirm a decision, or only flag if the ref looks for a signal. It depends on what the ref is comfortable with.
I was once told by a referee who was an assistant at an African Nations Cup final that the referee was an arrogant sod who told him that any incident in the penalty area would be his (the ref's) decision alone, and not for the lino to decide. Just three minuts in and a player tumbled in the penalty area, the ref ran up to the lino to ask what he thought, and the lino, who had not seen exactly what had happened, cheerfully said he thought it was the ref's decision, as per his instructions.
The lino can flag for what he wants, the ref makes the decision.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.