more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson

Started by 70sPimlico, September 21, 2021, 10:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Had a real air about him tonight.

You could see he is playing with confidence. He made a real case for himself tonight. Looked to have the premiership touch about him.

Somerset Fulham

I thought both he and Hector looked very good today.  Nobody let themselves down against what was a strong Leeds side.

Statto

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 21, 2021, 10:35:47 PM
I thought both he and Hector looked very good today.  Nobody let themselves down against what was a strong Leeds side.

Two solid players on their day who've just issues with a crap previous manager and injuries

Somerset Fulham

Yep, pretty much.  The former is becoming more and more apparent as time goes by too.

Woolly Mammoth

Alfie Mawson has to be close to breaking into the starting line up Automatically, and tonight he oozed class.
Michael Hector also showed he can hack it if he is given the opportunity.
Marek Rodak looked safe and solid. Most of the other starters did their chances no harm except for perhaps Anthony Knockhart who huffed and puffed but failed to really make an impact.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Yes Mawson had a very good game and is ready to step into the first team. He showed he can take a good penalty as well.

MartyFFC

As much as I've grown to love Tim Ream, I definitely reckon Tosin/Mawson is the way to go

LC

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 22, 2021, 12:51:06 AM
As much as I've grown to love Tim Ream, I definitely reckon Tosin/Mawson is the way to go

Yes me too. I think people also forget that Hector was one of the main reasons we got promoted last time around. He's top notch at this level.

MikeTheCubed

As long as he avoids 'taking the knee' he'll be leading us to promotion.

Radiowhite

Mawson should be starting over ream

Count Flapula

Fully agree - think right now Mawson looks in a very good place physically and therefore mentally as his confidence increases.

The version of Mawson we've seen previously is a shadow of the competent PL defender we bought from Swansea - I think mostly down to not having faith in his own body holding up meaning he's played with a metaphorical handbreak on. Think this was apparent even in his longest stint in the team during the first half of our 19/20 promotion season.

Have always been a fan but must admit after 3 tough injury plagued seasons I was starting to doubt he would ever get back to the levels he was capable of. While he's still got a long way to go to prove he's back, these last few games have shown there are signs it might just be possible.

You can also see that while playing as a ball carrying / forward passing CB in the style Silva clearly wants doesn't come quite as naturally to him as Tosin and Ream, he is really giving it a go and actually did quite well in that regard today, even growing in confidence during the match in playing that way.

While Ream has largely been excellent this season where we have had to spend less time defending/playing to Reams strengths in moving the ball forwards, he is still defensively not as good as Mawson, who is a better bet for the PL.

There will be times this season where we do need to dig in and be more solid at the back - after the losses to Blackpool and Reading, Alfie deserves a chance in the starting XI now IMO.

LC

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 22, 2021, 02:30:40 AM
Fully agree - think right now Mawson looks in a very good place physically and therefore mentally as his confidence increases.

The version of Mawson we've seen previously is a shadow of the competent PL defender we bought from Swansea - I think mostly down to not having faith in his own body holding up meaning he's played with a metaphorical handbreak on. Think this was apparent even in his longest stint in the team during the first half of our 19/20 promotion season.

Have always been a fan but must admit after 3 tough injury plagued seasons I was starting to doubt he would ever get back to the levels he was capable of. While he's still got a long way to go to prove he's back, these last few games have shown there are signs it might just be possible.

You can also see that while playing as a ball carrying / forward passing CB in the style Silva clearly wants doesn't come quite as naturally to him as Tosin and Ream, he is really giving it a go and actually did quite well in that regard today, even growing in confidence during the match in playing that way.

While Ream has largely been excellent this season where we have had to spend less time defending/playing to Reams strengths in moving the ball forwards, he is still defensively not as good as Mawson, who is a better bet for the PL.

There will be times this season where we do need to dig in and be more solid at the back - after the losses to Blackpool and Reading, Alfie deserves a chance in the starting XI now IMO.

Great post.

colinwhite

Agree . Mawson was astand out performer for me,and must be knocking on the door.

S.F.Sorrow

Agreed. Mawson was my MOM yesterday and should be a regular starter when he's match fit. If he gets an extended run in the team without injuries he could be our captain next season. He is also more of a ball-playing CB than some give him credit for.

I'm still not 100% convinced his knees will hold up though.

grandad

This is the real Mawson we have been waiting so long for. It is now time to replace Ream who can´t be expected to play every game in this hectic season. Time to give the Tosin/ Mawson partnership time to gel.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Somerset Fulham

He played well, but it is only one game!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 22, 2021, 09:33:37 AM

He's looked good in other games when called upon. First time since he's been at the club where he feels fully fit, touch wood his knee holds out. Completely wrote off by a lot of our fans & got slaughtered as a waste of money, can understand that but still time for him to be a very good player for us

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 22, 2021, 09:46:54 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 22, 2021, 09:33:37 AM

He's looked good in other games when called upon. First time since he's been at the club where he feels fully fit, touch wood his knee holds out. Completely wrote off by a lot of our fans & got slaughtered as a waste of money, can understand that but still time for him to be a very good player for us

Can't disagree with that, but I think its worth tempering the whole getting carried away thing with a little caution because of previous occurrences.  There has always been a quality player in there somewhere and it would be great to finally see it.

Jim©

Thought he looked like the best player on the pitch - calm, aggressive when needed and vocal to all those around him. Wasn't like he was up against some lower division forward either- Rodrigo didn't get a sniff really.
I'm a big fan of Ream, but think a fit and healthy Mawson would be slightly better, especially aerially where Ream has struggled a bit the last 2 seasons.

Jims Dentist

Would think AM would be more of a threat in the opponent's box also.