News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We’re the chants in the 60s more imaginative than the stuff made up today?

Started by Andy S, September 22, 2021, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I remember "He's here he's there he's every f -ing where Barry Lloyd, Barry Lloyd changed for away games to "were not allowed to swear". Then we all live at the Hammersmith End to the sound of yellow submarine. Mitro's song is good but there are few memorable songs around today

RaySmith

Ones I remember, which isn't much! -

'Zigger, zagger, zigger, zagger, oi,oi oi.'

'You'll never take the Hammersmith.'

From the FA Cup run to the final -

'We are here we are p****, we're the Fulham p** artists.'

The more respectable  version was 'We're the cream, we're supreme,
we're the Fulham football team.'

Fulham boys, we are here,
**** your women and drink your beer.'

'Knees up Mother Brown'
sung while doing a knees up on the terraces, with everyone falling forward.

'You are our Fulham' to the tune of 'You are my sunshine.'

'In your Birmingham slums' to  Brum fans in the semi-final and replay.

'When Alan (Mullery) walks up to lift the FA Cup,
we'll be there, we'll be there.'

Laterin the 70's, for Gerry Peyton,
'Gerry Peyton,
Eire's number one,'

Under Roy -

'Jimmy Bullard, Bullard,
he's better than Steve Gerrard,
thinner than Frank Lampard,
Jimmy Bullard, Bullard.'

Steeeeeeeeeed

I would like to see more up to date songs used as a base for new chants. For example WAP by Cardi B.

Dr Know

Holders

Looking at the examples above they were pretty weak then as well. We were never very imaginative.

Two of the better old ones were: "There's a circus in the town..." about C*****a and "I hear the sound of distant drums..." about away supporters.

The Stan Horne one would be frowned upon now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Not of the 60s especially, but I like simple ones. E.g. to opposing fans "sit down, shut up", to opposition players (knees up mother brown tune) "you're not very good".  And one of my favourites when we were away to man utd, losing heavily at HT, the HT entertainment was a very young Scandinavian incredible football trickster/juggler. The MU fans fell about laughing to, and applauded, our chant of "you'll never play for Fulham ".
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

f321ffc

If I had the wings of a sparrow
If I had the arse of a crow
I'd fly over ( whoever the opposition was )
And sh!t on the B@stards below.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southdowns White

The youngsters today do not sing the right songs at the right time, songs used to reflect the tempo of the game. If losing and playing like we could score, 'Come on Fulham' sung quickly or 'Come on you whites' when we get a corner. One of my favourites was the long continuous FFFFFFUUUUUUULLLLLLLLHHHHHHHAAAAAAAMMMMMM sung when we had a corner.

Statto

There have been some good ones in the modern era

"You let your country down" and "you're just a sh*t Bettinelli" to Joe Hart were good

"You're sh*t and you stink of fish" at Grimsby in the late 90s

Also "calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down" at Anfield around the same time, sung with arms out to the side like the Harry Enfield scouse characters who used to do the same on TV around the time

"Stand up if you still believe" IIRC was an impromptu chant we made up in one of the Europa games which then obviously took hold for the remainder of that campaign

blingo

Fulham Arsenal,  The arsenal singing "it should have been jedward" about the MJ statue, made me laugh.

Whitesideup

I think it was Southampton v Nottingham Forest .. going back a bit. On the Thursday Peter Shilton was in the papers for being seen with "another woman". On the Saturday, five minutes into the game: "Peter Shilton, Peter Shilton, does your Missus know you're here? Does your missus know you're here?" A bit personal, but made me laugh. 

Southcoastffc

While some may not find this funny, it did happen. 
When Glasgow Rangers' goalkeeper Andy Goram went public that he had been diagnosed with schizophrenia, fans greeted the revelation with characteristic sensitivity. As he walked onto the pitch, a chant came: Two Andy Gorams! There's only two Andy Gorams...
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mullers

I think it's all about context. I loved the singing of 'Is there a fire drill?' to the Bristol City fans leaving Ashton Gate after the fourth goal went in and of course there will always be 'Stand up if you still believe'.
Oh no, I've started to well up again...

filham

My favourite was a one off when we were playing QPR at Loftus Road and a young Peter Crouch was having a stinker. A small section of our fans close to Crouch chanted " Theres only one Rodney Trotter"

Stevieboy

When Leeds keeper Gary Sprake threw the ball into his own net in front of the Kop.
"Careless Hands"......old Max Bygraves song.
At the Cottage v Utd in 1967...."Idle Whites" to the tune of chart song of the time Eidleweis by Vince Hill?

mrmicawbers

An repeatable one about six Chelsea player not going to Israel,to the tune of one man went to Moe

Dr Know

Quote from: Stevieboy on September 23, 2021, 06:43:37 PM
When Leeds keeper Gary Sprake threw the ball into his own net in front of the Kop.
"Careless Hands"......old Max Bygraves song.
At the Cottage v Utd in 1967...."Idle Whites" to the tune of chart song of the time Eidleweis by Vince Hill?
Des O'Connor sang careless hands , Max sang You need hands !

SP

Another favourite of mine was the 'gimme an F' sequence, so much emotion went into that.  I never knew if it was the same person leading this chant or if people shared around this privilege  - I gues I'll never know!