Main Menu

Derby County Need..........

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, September 23, 2021, 03:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Ted Lasso
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Ted Lasso coaches soccer teams, whereas Derby County are an English Football Club. So Ted has not got the correct qualifications.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Woolly, He coaches an English football team, having had no football experience and didn't even know rules .............
The UK team is "FC Richmond" which by coincidence  I spent a lot of my younger years in England and ALSO,
now I live in Richmond VA, named for the view down the Thames from above the bridge. The view down the river
here is very similar
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Huxley

A middle east oil country or a Russian oligarch that doesn't already own a football club... oh well, nice knowing you Derby.

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2021, 04:57:39 AM
Ted Lasso coaches soccer teams, whereas Derby County are an English Football Club. So Ted has not got the correct qualifications.

Clint Dempsey, Brian McBride, Carlos Bocanegra etc etc all grew up playing soccer and did a pretty good job of it

The term Soccer is British anyway and goes way way back

Woolly Mammoth

Soccer is an abbreviation of Association, ie Association Football.
But that's as far as it goes for me, keep the word soccer in America where that word belongs.
It's Football in England let's keep it that way. For example Fulham Football Club.  FFC
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.