https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where have You Stood/Sat at the Cottage

Started by filham, September 23, 2021, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: filham on September 24, 2021, 11:53:49 AM
Quote from: Holders on September 24, 2021, 10:42:09 AM
Used to enter by Putney end, walk down the Thamesbank to the Hammersmith end, watch the game from there and often change ends at half time. Been in the enclosure for reserve games, the Stevenage Road seats just once and Riverside seats a couple of time. I can't see the attraction of sitting that side of the ground as it's in the shade and can get very cold.
In the JH stand you have to face a strong low sun shining in your eyes at times, I thought the new stand may block that but it doesn't. I think that perhaps the Hammy end is the place to be, I spent most of my years at the same spot in that area.

Yes, that's true. I've always been a Hammy end man. When it was terracing was always in the same place.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

blingo

My first game was watched from the Cottage, I was 7. Since then I've been all around the ground, but my heart lies half way up H5 which is where I have watched most games from.

ianthailand

Riverside for me, had a sat just inside the Hammy End half circa 1985 - 1999. Stopped going then after retirement. Lived in Spain, looked after elderly parents, 5 months in China and now coming up to 12 years in Thailand. Always wanted to see the game rather than standing and making a noise in the Hammy End. Each to their own i suppose.

Statto

Done all 4 stands at some point. Each have their good and bad points. Best memories (Europa games) were in the Hammersmith End but I've seen great games from every spot. Even the Riverside had its lively moments.

blingo

Quote from: Statto on September 24, 2021, 03:17:47 PM
Done all 4 stands at some point. Each have their good and bad points. Best memories (Europa games) were in the Hammersmith End but I've seen great games from every spot. Even the Riverside had its lively moments.

Was that when someone swopped seats??? lol

bobbo

Quote from: CorkCity on September 24, 2021, 11:03:46 AM
As a child a group of us always used to sit on the sloping wall between the Hammersmith & Stevenage Rd stands, right by the corner flag. As an adult had a ST for a few years in the Hammersmith End, used to sneak into the riverside which is the best view in the ground.
blimey I remember that wall and I too sat on it just the once . Another strange place I sat was on top of the tea bar at the back of the Hammersmith end for the good Friday match v Sheffield weds 1959 we won 6-2
1975 just leaving home full of hope

perry geyton

Behind the goal in the old days hammy end at the back
Nowadays Johnny Haynes half way line if possible best view

Andy S

Anyone ever tried watching from an exec box in the Hammy? One of my sons bought tickets a few years back for an evening match. Only done it once but a nice experience.

Andy S

Anyone here ever win the Fulham Flutter? Used to buy tickets but never won anything

ianthailand

Quote from: Andy S on September 25, 2021, 01:26:15 AM
Anyone here ever win the Fulham Flutter? Used to buy tickets but never won anything
When i started going (1982) a little lady and her daughter always sold me Fulham Flutter tickets never a sniff of a win. Ernie Clay probably pocketed the money!

Statto

Quote from: blingo on September 24, 2021, 05:20:33 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 24, 2021, 03:17:47 PM

Was that when someone swopped seats??? lol

Funnily enough the liveliest moment I recall in the Riverside was when we were denied two stone wall penalties moments apart whilst chasing an equaliser against Preston (I think) about 4-5 years ago. Even the old camp actor types were transformed into rabid nutters, climbing over each other, along with the rest of us, to scream the c-word at the ref from the best vantage point.

colcliff

In the 60s  in the Bishops park end
In the 70s Hammersmith ended
In the 80s the enclosure
In the 90s and 00s riverside Stand
Now moved and not been this season but hope to be back soon and sit wherever I can get in
and sit in the new stand when open