watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh dear

Started by Fernhurst, September 24, 2021, 12:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Looks like Kongola subbed in 35th min in his first game back.

Newcastle beating us 1-0 at Motspur Park
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham 442

See it is 1 all now.  Any updates regarding Kongolo?

Fernhurst

Fulham winning 3-1 now

blingo

It's no good having a player that was crocked when we bought him and continues to be crocked. It doesn't matter how good he is, if he can't play, what's the point?

Fernhurst

I'm looking on the optimistic side and maybe thinking they only intended giving him half hour.

bog

I hope it was a case of them easing him back in, otherwise..... :doh:

092.gif

Fulham 442

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 24, 2021, 01:23:28 PM
I'm looking on the optimistic side and maybe thinking they only intended giving him half hour.
I have to say when you first posted I was thinking that.  Fingers crossed that is the case and they are easing him back in gently....

Twig

It would be a shame but he's not mission critical. In addition to Ream and Tosin we now have Mawson playing well and Hector on the comeback trail.

filham

Quote from: Twig on September 24, 2021, 07:08:55 PM
It would be a shame but he's not mission critical. In addition to Ream and Tosin we now have Mawson playing well and Hector on the comeback trail.
That is right therefore Kongolo is serving no purpose other than keeping our medics on their toes.

Fernhurst

We paid an absolute fortune for a crock, who's ambition is to see out his contract.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 24, 2021, 07:37:46 PM
We paid an absolute fortune for a crock, who's ambition is to see out his contract.

You believe Kongolo joined wanting to be injured and not playing? Not sure how you can state a player you don't know, has "ambition" to be "crocked"

Jims Dentist

Quite so Fernhurst.
To make matters worse, we had him on loan and he was a sick note, and yet we still stumped up cash for a transfer fee and wages.
It's like someone in the recruitment team has a bit of a thing for him.

blingo

Quote from: HobGoblin on September 24, 2021, 07:55:21 PM

You believe Kongolo joined wanting to be injured and not playing? Not sure how you can state a player you don't know, has "ambition" to be "crocked"

Why did he sign for us if he was crocked then??? He can't string to halves of a game together, let alone two matches.

General

Just read the match report and all it said about kongolo is that he played a bit to build up his match fitness. Says nothing about going off injured. Going to read that as being him playing for match fitness and building up slowly.

General

Also says kongolo played 40 mins

Andy S

Well he's been out for so long it would take a fair bit of time to regain any amount of fitness. Good luck to the guy anyway. Feet are troublesome to heal as you are walking on them every day. It's hard to rest them. If you have to completely rest then your fitness fades quite quickly. A footballers level of fitness at this level is very high.

Fulham 442

Quote from: General on September 24, 2021, 11:53:07 PM
Just read the match report and all it said about kongolo is that he played a bit to build up his match fitness. Says nothing about going off injured. Going to read that as being him playing for match fitness and building up slowly.
That is good news and what I was hoping when I heard he went off after 40 minutes.

FulhamStu

Silver said he was get part games in the U23 team to build fitness, that entirely what s happened.

Jamie88

Twig

To be clear, my post was in no way intended to be critical of Kongolo. I don't think for one moment that he's just trying to see out a contract. I just meant that there was no need to rush him back as we have plenty of cover at FB.