watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody got sympathy for Warnock?

Started by epsomraver, February 16, 2010, 12:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

I watched the game and in real time it looked like a corner, Warnock admitted he had left his glasses at home? and his old woman told him when he got home that Palace had a dodgy corner awarded against wolves last season which they scored from so what goes around comes around.
He also commented on the stabbings in South London and said that he came from Sheffield so he wasn't used to this level of crime, SHEFFIELD NO CRIME! what planet does he really live on?

JBH

As you may be aware the anagram of his name (BELOW) really does sum the Dinasaur up:

"COLIN W4NKER"

LordFloyd

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

Doesn't sound like the FA have any sympathy.  He's been asked to explain his comments.  I love that phrase - as if he didn't make himself clear first time round!

os5889

epsomraver

What point? it was only a corner, it was bad defending that led to the goal, not as though it was a penalty!

finnster01

No sympathy whatsoever for that merchant
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

By the way he talks, I get the impression that when he was born, they made a mistake. They kept the placenta and chucked the baby away.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

TonyGilroy

He may not be likeable but he's better value in an interview than any other manager.

Obnoxious, frequently deluded but honest, frank and entertaining.

Jimpav

I don't feel sorry for him in this instance.

The bloke speaks his mind which is quite refreshing.

TheDaddy

We need more people like him in the game he and Holloway of Blackpool .They come out with some right crackers. :D

Rather listen to him week in week out instead of Arse didntseeathing Wenger or his twin Arsesaw alotofwrongdoing Wenger !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Logicalman

he's just another Fergie - bully the refs without even thinking about the consequences to all involved.

Being a qualified ref, as he is, doesn't qualify him to be able to 'see' something the majority of people closer than he actually missed. The guy is a class one Muppet and deserves a 6 match touchline ban. Let him get away with this, and we have another fully-fledged Fergie on our hands, but twice as ugly.

LRCN

I don't mind him, if I was a player I reckon he'd be one of the best managers to play under.

finnster01

Quote from: Lork on February 16, 2010, 05:09:37 PM
I don't mind him, if I was a player I reckon he'd be one of the best managers to play under.
If you were a player you would want to play under Martin O'Neill not that baboon

Rupert

He says the ref had a good game but the lino had a bad one, fair enough, but then calls for the lino to be banned.

Couple of points, first, if you ban that lino who do you replace him with? Believe it or not, the officials in the top four divisions are the best we have. You can only replace them with less able officials, of which I am one. Whilst I usually enjoy refereeing Sunday mornings, the players know by now I won't take any crap and recognise that I'm pretty good for that level, no way could I do a game higher up. Until we get a wider pool of referees to pick from the standards will not rise. There are something like 25,000 of us in the UK, five years ago there were 33,000.

Secondly, does Colin suggest he is going to ban any of his players who make an important mistake? Or ban himself for trying out new tactics which do not work, or for making a poor substitution? What precisely will banning anyone acheive? Does he seriously think that lino went out there with the intention of having a bad game? Or thinking that it was a good time to make a wrong call? Bluntly, if he did get any sort of ban for the lino then I would hope every other official would refuse appointments involving his club (wouldn't happen, of course, but nor will a lengthy ban for the lino, at worst he will be demoted for a couple of weeks to the conference).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

alfie

I just get so fed up with quotes like
"i have just seen the replay and.......", it is so bloody easy to condem the ref after you have seen a replay, the ref unfortunately does not have that privelage, he gives what he sees or thinks he sees
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: Rupert on February 16, 2010, 06:38:16 PM
Secondly, does Colin suggest he is going to ban any of his players who make an important mistake? Or ban himself for trying out new tactics which do not work, or for making a poor substitution? What precisely will banning anyone acheive? Does he seriously think that lino went out there with the intention of having a bad game? Or thinking that it was a good time to make a wrong call? Bluntly, if he did get any sort of ban for the lino then I would hope every other official would refuse appointments involving his club (wouldn't happen, of course, but nor will a lengthy ban for the lino, at worst he will be demoted for a couple of weeks to the conference).

.. that was the long and the short of what I siad on the 606 as well. 2 year touchline ban for hin, and a 2 year ban for any player diving for a penalty or committing a foul ('pro' or otherwise). The guy is a complete muppet, nothing short of.

jarv

I don't get it. He is blunt, honest and a bit sarcastic, nothing wrong with that. He is not always right but then, who is?

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on February 16, 2010, 07:58:04 PM
I don't get it. He is blunt, honest and a bit sarcastic, nothing wrong with that. He is not always right but then, who is?
He's also the most disrespectful manager outside of Sir Alex