watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dele Ali

Started by StuinSalop, April 16, 2024, 05:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuinSalop

He was on MNF last night and came across quite well I thought.  Who would take him to give competition to Pierra in the no 10 role.  He may not be a Marco type player but as a free could be worth a short contract and he has in the past been a very good goal scorer.

H4usuallysitting

Regrettably he has/had an addiction problem....not sure he could now compete at the highest level

blingo

Nope, I'd rather put Piri in the no 10 shirt

Somerset Fulham

No sadly, he is shot to bits.

As H has said, he has issued that have ruined him, sadly.  I hope he does well as a pundit though, being him must be really bloody tough knowing what he had and what he has lost.

SP

He did ok as a pundit last night but his assertion Everton have enough quality to win any game didn't pan out at the dog track.

Logicalman

When he was at Spuds he had their mentality and I wouldn't give him a second glance.

He does/did have the skills, and he's not too old to give a try to, as long as he's aware he's second string and not some superstar at little ol' Fulham-on-Thames.

Perhaps Marco would do him the world of good, like Nuno did, perhaps.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Personally, I think he's never going to find that level he think he can play to. You don;t drop out of the game that long before losing an edge especially with how competitive everyone else is. If he signed up for some sort of pay as you play contract, and the club feels they have the necessary infrastructure to support him and get him back to previous levels.......I don't think we should turn our nose up. But its a pipedream for both parties really.....

Craven Mad

I think his career is basically over.

He's been out for a year, seemingly without even training, and he was genuinely abysmal in Turkey. I can't see how he can turn things around at his age, especially in any sort of 'top' league.

I have no idea where would be a good step for him next, but I can't see things ending well if he tries to play in the Prem straight away. I think he's more likely to be the next Lingard than Barkley...

Dele seems like a nice enough guy, and I don't wish him any ill, but I really think he'll struggle to fit in anywhere and I'm not convinced he has the genuine hunger/belief to make it happen either.

Best of luck to him though

H4usuallysitting

I think he'd have to drop down a league or division....and possibly change his position.... maybe Saudi could work for him

KJS

Quote from: StuinSalop on April 16, 2024, 05:37:18 PMHe was on MNF last night and came across quite well I thought.  Who would take him to give competition to Pierra in the no 10 role.  He may not be a Marco type player but as a free could be worth a short contract and he has in the past been a very good goal scorer.

No thanks

Fulham 442

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 17, 2024, 10:34:32 AMI think his career is basically over.

He's been out for a year, seemingly without even training, and he was genuinely abysmal in Turkey. I can't see how he can turn things around at his age, especially in any sort of 'top' league.

I have no idea where would be a good step for him next, but I can't see things ending well if he tries to play in the Prem straight away. I think he's more likely to be the next Lingard than Barkley...

Dele seems like a nice enough guy, and I don't wish him any ill, but I really think he'll struggle to fit in anywhere and I'm not convinced he has the genuine hunger/belief to make it happen either.

Best of luck to him though
Just so sad, he was such a talent but I have to agree that with all his addiction plus injury problems his profession career at the top level is more than likely over despite his hopes

Bassey the warrior

It's not inconceivable he could resurrect his career but no Premier League team will take that risk unless they're desperate.

Whitestone

Understandably he's been written off by many on here but until he gets back to playing for Everton we'll never actually know for certain.

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitestone on April 18, 2024, 03:49:08 PMUnderstandably he's been written off by many on here but until he gets back to playing for Everton we'll never actually know for certain.

The problem with that is.....I really don't think Evertons the right club for him anyway.....never did. Was such a bad move.