watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Thursday...

Started by Jimpav, February 16, 2010, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Do you think Woy is going to stick with the current side (minus Shorey) or mix things up by resting some players for Sundays clash with Brum?

Biggest concern will be left back. I'm happy with Baird at right back but if Konch is not fit for Thursday then we are unlikely to keep a clean sheet.

Lighthouse

Not sure we have many options. Kelly in if Konk not fit. Few forwards up front but Gera may be added to the squad. So we really don't have many places to go to regarding team selection. Will see the bench packed with the youth players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I would expect Smalling for Hangeland, Riise for Duff, Greening for Murphy, Kelly or Konchesky at left back but otherwise the same team.

He won't start kids but will want to rest some of the older regulars.

Jimpav

I'm not to sure if we will rest our key players. They are on a good roll and confidence breeds confidence. Two home ties in four days won't be that tough - especially if he makes early substitutions.

I think Woy is more likely to rest players for the away tie because this is going to be harder both mentally and physically.

Lighthouse

No Duff was subbed early so if fit he will start I think. Cannot see Smalling play unless we play Hughes at Right Back. We hope that doesn't happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Roy will have to be concerned with next weeks fixture congestion as well.

I am guessing we will have a strong side but it will feature the Europa League regulars, like Greening, Riise, Gera (if fit) and I would expect to see Kelly at left back. I guess I am in agreement with Tony.

I would think Roy will try and run the score as much as possible and then play for a draw away as per usual.

epsomraver

Stoor was on the bench instead of Kelly for Notts game so perhaps Roy prefers him considering the way kelly has been playing.

The Equalizer

I'm looking forward to seeing Riise back in the squad. It's almost a shame that Duff's been playing so bloody well because I think Riise is quality.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tktd

Potentially Duff could be played at LB with Riise in front of him?

Duff played at LB for Chelsea and whilst it's not the best option he's got experience and also is a damn site better than Kelly or Stoor who's a RB playing there...

If that was the case and Duff did play there then expect...

GK - Schwarzer

RB - Baird

CB - Hughes

CB - Hangeland

LB - Duff

LM - Riise

CM - Murphy

CM - Etuhu

RM - Davies

ST - Zamora

ST - Elm

It could be a lot worse.

epsomraver

Riise hasn't impressed, I was expecting more from him, perhaps he needs more match time

Jimpav

Quote from: epsomraver on February 16, 2010, 04:38:10 PM
Riise hasn't impressed, I was expecting more from him, perhaps he needs more match time

He has made a few silly mistakes but apart from these he has been a stand out player for us in the Europa League.

Remember he set up BZ's two goals in two minutes against Basle and also set up the winner against Sofia.

He's not got the cool head and experience of Duff but he is deadly.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimpav on February 16, 2010, 04:52:58 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 16, 2010, 04:38:10 PM

He has made a few silly mistakes but apart from these he has been a stand out player for us in the Europa League.

Remember he set up BZ's two goals in two minutes against Basle and also set up the winner against Sofia.

He's not got the cool head and experience of Duff but he is deadly.

Agreed, he has good touch on his passes and can chip the ball in on the run, also has speed. He does make some silly mistakes and probably, as you mention Jimpav, needs just a tad more seasoning.