watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cameron Burgess

Started by Ludlow Richard, May 01, 2024, 08:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

So Cameron Burgess scored the winner for Ipswich last night, a goal that might help take them to the PL.

Just under 10 years ago, he made his debut for us in the Championship under Magath's crazy regime. The game? Against Ipswich of course. And we lost (of course).

I admire players like Burgess. Did their service in the lower leagues (Accrington, Cheltenham etc) and now after 300 or so games is likely to get a chance in the PL. Good luck to him.

bog

Dodgin

Look forward to away Fixture, hopefully not midweek

S.F.Sorrow

I remember that horrible game against Ipswich. I still think Magath ruined (or at least severely delayed) Burgess' career that day. If I remember correctly Burgess played DM and looked completely out of his depth.

I don't remember our full line-up that day but I remember very clearly that it looked like boys against men. I actually thought Patrick Roberts was our mascot.  :slap:  I can't remember if he actually played that day, possibly just on the bench, but he looked like he was 8 years old.

Twig

Delighted for him, well deserved.

ElRay

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on May 01, 2024, 10:18:13 AMI remember that horrible game against Ipswich. I still think Magath ruined (or at least severely delayed) Burgess' career that day. If I remember correctly Burgess played DM and looked completely out of his depth.

I don't remember our full line-up that day but I remember very clearly that it looked like boys against men. I actually thought Patrick Roberts was our mascot.  :slap:  I can't remember if he actually played that day, possibly just on the bench, but he looked like he was 8 years old.

I remember it well unfortunately.

Patrick Roberts actually came off the bench, was our only bright spark and played a part in the goal.

Glad Burgess has forged a good career for himself, I was excited at the time to see a lot of the Symons famous u18 side get into the 1st team but unfortunately it was mainly for the wrong reasons and definitely was the wrong manager to handle them all correctly.

The Cravenette

Yes, wasn't Cameron in the same youth team as Dembele, Roberts and George Williams? I saw them in that final v Chelsea when Dembele hit the crossbar with a penalty kick when he tried a penenka!

sunburywhite

Quote from: Dodgin on May 01, 2024, 10:14:54 AMLook forward to away Fixture, hopefully not midweek

Lets hope the home game is on Dec 26th
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Cambridge Away

Pretty sure he played centre back?

I remember going to that (first game of the season) game thinking, "well at least we will win some games now" and "A cup final for Ipswich" (playing us). Totally put in my place.

Even if Magath stunted his career a bit, how on earth were we playing players that would be playing national league as their correct level the next season?
They don't call him Mad Magath for nothing i guess!

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 02, 2024, 12:30:44 AMPretty sure he played centre back?

I remember going to that (first game of the season) game thinking, "well at least we will win some games now" and "A cup final for Ipswich" (playing us). Totally put in my place.

Even if Magath stunted his career a bit, how on earth were we playing players that would be playing national league as their correct level the next season?
They don't call him Mad Magath for nothing i guess!

I just looked up the game in the archives on the FFC website. It looks like we had Bodurov/Hutchinson at CB and Burgess at DM, which is also how I remember it.

Looking at our squad it's no wonder we were struggling. McCormack almost single-handedly saved us from relegation that season. I wonder if Shahid Khan would have kept the money flowing it we had been relegated to League One.

Motspur Park

Funny how a single game 10 years ago can be so memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Colton F.C.